PDA

View Full Version : Shield bash question

TrevenEssare
09-17-2012, 05:57 PM
If you take improved shield bash, which grants a 20% chance for an off-hand shield bash, and then take two weapon fighting, does the shield bash off hand attack chance go up to 40%?

psteen1
09-17-2012, 05:59 PM
in theory yes, but tests have shown that shield bashing is bugged pretty bad. It doesn't do as much as it should. See the wiki entry for more info on it.

edit: whoops didn't answer the question asked. my face is red

bbqzor
09-17-2012, 06:19 PM
The above is incorrect. Shield Bashing is not considering wielding two weapons, and is unaffected by the two weapon fighting feat line. So to answer the OP, no, it stays at 20%. This is contrary to PnP where the two are related; one of many places DDO is different from PnP.

They are correct that shield bashing has timing issues. But that is unrelated to the two weapon feat line.

psteen1
09-17-2012, 08:59 PM
The above is incorrect. Shield Bashing is not considering wielding two weapons, and is unaffected by the two weapon fighting feat line. So to answer the OP, no, it stays at 20%. This is contrary to PnP where the two are related; one of many places DDO is different from PnP.

They are correct that shield bashing has timing issues. But that is unrelated to the two weapon feat line.

yes you are right and I was wrong. sorry about that. I read the post too quick and thought he was referring to shield bashing feat stacking with shield bashing item on a shield (that question comes up quite a bit)

countfitz
09-17-2012, 10:00 PM
How sweet would it be if the TWF line did work this way? Take shield bash, Imp shield bash, and the three TWF feats, well, you'd be two feats behind a traditional TWFer, but get to keep your AC, totally awesome flavor builds.

It would suck for already feat starved paladins trying to keep up with fighters going this route, but sweet idea.

Ralmeth
09-17-2012, 10:16 PM
Yeah, as a long time Pally tank player, there is no way you could fit in the TWF chain while still going pure Paladin. You could do it, but you'd have to splash in Fighter to get more feats. Because of that, I don't think this would be a good idea.

bbqzor
09-17-2012, 10:33 PM
yes you are right and I was wrong. sorry about that. I read the post too quick and thought he was referring to shield bashing feat stacking with shield bashing item on a shield (that question comes up quite a bit)
No worries. Just trying to get correct info out where I notice. You're spot on about the bashing feat/item stacking, and that being a case where the bash timing issues are definitely a large concern. Especially in a situation where a fighter runs haste boost or something. Cheers.

Therrias
09-18-2012, 02:46 AM
If you take improved shield bash, which grants a 20% chance for an off-hand shield bash, and then take two weapon fighting, does the shield bash off hand attack chance go up to 40%?

It should, but it doesn't.