PDA

View Full Version : Bug with Tome of Fate

Desdemonte
09-17-2012, 02:20 PM
I bought 3 tomes of Fate +2 for 3 different characters. None of them will apply when double clicked in my inventory. They will not even highlight when single clicked. Relogging doesn't help. Ticket submitted- GM said to report bug and submit a ticket to DDO account services. Did both- waiting on reply.

Dandonk
09-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Have you tried using them in a non-quest instance? I have heard reports of them not being able to be used in quest instances.

If this is not your problem, I have no idea what's going on.

BruceTheHoon
09-17-2012, 02:24 PM
I was confused as well, but then I tried double clicking it while manipulating my epic destinies at the fate spinner and it worked.

Some instructions would certainly be nice, since these tomes can only be used in a way so unlike any other.

Krelar
09-17-2012, 02:26 PM
I was confused as well, but then I tried double clicking it while manipulating my epic destinies at the fate spinner and it worked.

I remember having the same problem as the OP at fist and I think it was something like this that fixed it. (It was a couple weeks ago so I'm not positive)

twigzz
09-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Yep, head on over to a fatespinner and all should be well.

BruceTheHoon
09-17-2012, 02:35 PM
Perhaps this is a precaution against problems, that might arise from players, that don't have epic destinies, using the tome and forfeiting it's benefits (or something even more unexpected).

SirValentine
09-17-2012, 04:48 PM
I tried double clicking it while manipulating my epic destinies at the fate spinner and it worked.

This. I had the same issue as the OP today, I couldn't use the tome at all. Then I read this, went to the Fatespinner, and could use it just fine.

Desdemonte
09-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Thanks guys- this worked. Too bad the GMs don't know anything about the game.

Modulex
09-19-2012, 07:47 AM
Same thing happened to me too yesterday.

The tomes need to have better instructions really. VIP aren't really bothered by this, since they can edit their ED points in every public area and are unlikely to even notice this, but p2p people need to know that they will need ED point editing mode active to use their Tome of Fate, by talking to the Fatespinner.