PDA

View Full Version : Chest and Quest rewards

Tobi
09-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Dear Sir/Madam,

I think the recent inclusion of new prefixes and suffixes for random armor and weapons is awesome! However, I am a soloer and do not belong to any guild. Very often, I get very nice random armor or weapons from chest or quest rewards but I am unable to use them because they have guild slots. I would greatly appreciate it if only random items without guild slots drop for characters without a guild please. It'll really help a casual player like me.

Thank you.

jejeba86
09-17-2012, 10:48 AM
Dear Sir/Madam,

I think the recent inclusion of new prefixes and suffixes for random armor and weapons is awesome! However, I am a soloer and do not belong to any guild. Very often, I get very nice random armor or weapons from chest or quest rewards but I am unable to use them because they have guild slots. I would greatly appreciate it if only random items without guild slots drop for characters without a guild please. It'll really help a casual player like me.

Thank you.

If it's a large slot you can sell it for a high price

madmaxhunter
09-17-2012, 10:53 AM
It's just a random effect like silver on the loot tables. It doesn't look like it affects the attributes put on the item. I would think that if the loot generator had to check on guild status, it would be pretty buggy.

Urist
09-17-2012, 10:56 AM
I better idea IMO, and which has been suggested before by multiple people, is to only have a guild-level requirement on an item when they're actually slotted with a crystal.

Tobi
09-17-2012, 11:03 AM
I better idea IMO, and which has been suggested before by multiple people, is to only have a guild-level requirement on an item when they're actually slotted with a crystal.
I think that's an excellent idea too.

countfitz
09-17-2012, 11:17 AM
I don't really care either way about your suggestion, on the one hand it's a good idea, on the other, I'm not sure I really care about the devs spending any time on it...

But I did want to reiterate what a poster above said. You can sell items with Medium and especially Large guild slots for A LOT of plat or other trade goods, so if your suggestion was brought up because you found a really sweet item with a slot, try selling/trading.

And when you find a **** item with a good (medium or large) slot, Decon it in Cannith and sell it on the AH. You'll start making sweet bank that way.

Syllph
09-17-2012, 11:23 AM
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you.

Create your own guild. It's not tough and then you can use any item in the game. As long as you don't slot them until the right level you're fine.

Tobi
09-17-2012, 12:19 PM
Create your own guild. It's not tough and then you can use any item in the game. As long as you don't slot them until the right level you're fine.
Thank you for your suggestion. I'll try it as I am VIP. It costs nothing for me to create a guild. I can't say the same for premium and free-to-play players.