PDA

View Full Version : Make Eveningstar Challenge Ingredients be exchanged

Alavatar
09-16-2012, 10:20 PM
As the title says.

Please allow me to trade my Eveningstar ingredients for other ingredients 2:1 ratio, similar to the Cannith challenge ingredients.

Brennie
09-16-2012, 11:03 PM
Signed, with the exception of the newest one which IIRC gives out tons more ingredients per run than the others. The rest are pretty balanced for both time and ingredients per run.

While we're at it, can we make these things BTA finally?!

Silverwren
09-17-2012, 08:00 AM
Yes, to both suggestions.

If it's possible in the Cannith Challenges to exchange materials for other materials AND the materials are BTA then it should be the same for Eveningstar Challenges.

Alavatar
09-17-2012, 09:34 AM
My primary beef with the Eveningstar challenges is that I/we either need to play characters that don't need the specific ingredient awarded by the challenge we are doing in order to help a friend, or we need to ask them to help us and get a bunch of ingredients they don't need.

I have 5500 Copper Thumbs on my wizard because I helped a friend. I do not need Copper Thumbs on my wizard! I need them on someone else, or I need some other ingredient for my wizard.

By making the ingredients either BtA or exchanged for different ingredients Turbine would at least be rewarding us for helping a friend.

Dexxaan
09-17-2012, 10:51 AM
My primary beef with the Eveningstar challenges is that I/we either need to play characters that don't need the specific ingredient awarded by the challenge we are doing in order to help a friend, or we need to ask them to help us and get a bunch of ingredients they don't need.

I have 5500 Copper Thumbs on my wizard because I helped a friend. I do not need Copper Thumbs on my wizard! I need them on someone else, or I need some other ingredient for my wizard.

By making the ingredients either BtA or exchanged for different ingredients Turbine would at least be rewarding us for helping a friend.

/QFT

BTA and Exchangeable.

Shattered.likeness
09-17-2012, 11:11 AM
This.

And also increase the drop rates for Gold Lions and Silver Falcons. Adamantine Cloak of the Bear requires a total of 5600 (800 + 1600 + 3200) and I am regularly seeing drop rates under 100 per run. Thus, we must run this 10 minute challenge a total of over 56 times just to be able to make the item. However, Fey Toadstools drop like crazy, even without a 5 star run.

Would love to see this rebalanced.

Alavatar
10-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Boy would I love to have ingredients BTA or have an Exchange rate. That would be super.

esoitl
10-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Cannith ingredients also started out BtC, so hopefully it will get changed.
The problem with a 2:1, as mentioned, is the bloody high drop rate of thumbs....

I ran a few challenges the other day. 3 runs of both Defenseless and The Great Tree, 2 runs of Ritual. I ended up with ~400 Moss/Toadstools ~1800 Thumbs... something isn't right here...

I think a 2:1 in this case is a bit of a problem as why run anything else, just spam Ritual and trade 2:1 because they drop way more than anything else and it's more worth the time than doing the quest to get the actual ingredient you need.

danzig138
10-30-2012, 09:28 AM
/signed

Not only this, but the entire drop rate/exchange/binding needs to be revisited in general. The drops are far too little on some. I'm sure I'm in a minority, but I'll quit running something if I have to grind it more than a handful of times.