PDA

View Full Version : Paladin FVS or Cleric

Kalgara
09-13-2012, 12:04 PM
I'm going to be purely duoing with my friend in F2P Content until we earn enough favor to buy more adventure packs, I'm not sure what he'll be playing I just know it won't have anything to do with the divine. Which of these classes would be the best pick for purely F2P Leveling *Not end game raiding*

beilschmidt
09-13-2012, 12:10 PM
It depends what you want to play, actually. I think playing Cleric or FvS is quite harder than Paladin. If your friend will choose a melee class, it's better to choose FvS/Cleric because they have nice buffs, healing and offensive spells. Besides, it's easier to get into parties if you are a healer-type class. :p If your friend will be an arcane, choose paladin. They're excellent as both DPS or tank (depends on the build you want to play), besides they're self sufficient, they can heal themselves (Lay on Hands and being able to use Cure/Remove wands).

Lonnbeimnech
09-13-2012, 12:26 PM
If you are just farming favor, you want to do it fast, which means sprint boost.

Make a cleric with 1 level of barbarian, 16 str, 16 con, 15 wis on a 28 point build. get an axe, run while holding left mouse, self heal as neded, just dont rage.

simple enough

sigtrent
09-13-2012, 01:00 PM
If you have favored soul I highly recommend it. They are powerful characters that scale well in the game.

Cleric will give you better coverage of healing and contingency spells at lower levels, so it may be a better starter character but the favored soul's extra mana will often see you through more challenging quests where the cleric will run dry or require more strategic play.

Paladin is not a good choice if you are looking to heal and support another character. They shine best as self sufficient fighters who can survive nearly anything (when played well).

Pape_27
09-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Just remember the FvS class is earned thru favor (2500) or purchased in the ddo store (995 tp). It is a premium class that is not availabe to even the vip subscribers and is not available to strictly f2p classes until they unlock it or buy it.