PDA

View Full Version : Greater Tome of Learning

Kylric
09-12-2012, 09:31 AM
So, I just received the greater tome of learning when I purchased Menace of the Underworld. I created a new toon and the tome is on this guy. Now, that might be ok, but my hope was to have time to think more about which character I wanted this tome be activated on.

My question: Am I stuck now that the Tome is in my backpack? How could I have another character use it instead, if I wanted to go that route?

thank you

Nephilia
09-12-2012, 09:33 AM
The tome should be BtA... so are u a vip or do u have the shared bank?
Or did u already read it with that toon?

Fomori
09-12-2012, 10:03 AM
Yup, you are stuck with it. I'm 99.9% sure it is btC.

The first toon that uses the MotU reward on that server gets the greater tome.

downwithpeace
09-12-2012, 10:46 AM
They should be Bound to Account so drop it into your shared bank and transfer it to your desired toon.

WargamerIV
09-12-2012, 11:21 AM
They should be Bound to Account so drop it into your shared bank and transfer it to your desired toon.

Unlike other similar tomes purchased at the DDO store, this particular tome is BTC on the first toon (on each server) to use the special underdark token. There is no way to transfer the tome.

Alaunra2010
09-12-2012, 11:48 AM
I did the exact same thing. No apparent way to fix it.

downwithpeace
09-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Unlike other similar tomes purchased at the DDO store, this particular tome is BTC on the first toon (on each server) to use the special underdark token. There is no way to transfer the tome.

I thought I had shared mine but after some reading and your reply it looks like I didn't pay attention and tried to share the token missing the lack of transfer and fact each toon got one.

seebs
09-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Guys, guys!

There are both Character and Account bound versions of this tome.

If you bought the "Standard" or "Base" expansion (the only ones available since late June), the next character you log in on or create (not sure which?) will have the tome. The tome is bound to account. You can put it in the shared bank (if you have that, from being VIP or buying with points).

If you bought the "Collector's Edition" expansion (no longer available), every character gets a special token. The first character to use the token on each server gets a Greater Tome, which is bound to character. Every character thereafter that uses the token gets a Lesser Tome, which is also bound to character.

Someone posting in the newbie forums who says he just received the tome when he purchased MotU (and calls it "underworld" rather than "underdark") almost certainly does not have the CE.

Meaning he almost certainly has a BtA tome that can be dropped in the shared bank.

Ryiah
09-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Am I stuck now that the Tome is in my backpack? How could I have another character use it instead, if I wanted to go that route?

If the tome if bound to account and you have a shared account bank, you can use that to transfer it to another character.

donfilibuster
09-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Yes it is BtA if not from the collectors edition, can be moved with the shared bank.
Don't use on the wrong toon since there's no replacement.

seebs
09-12-2012, 03:45 PM
To be picky: You can of course buy more. But they're pretty pricey, MHO.

Saaluta
09-12-2012, 04:23 PM
There was(is) a way to put a greater tome on another character, but it costs 600 TP. Basically it charges you the difference between the lesser and greater tome as long as you have not used one on that character yet. Since we cannot get into game at this time, can not check to see if still available, but may be an option for you to use. :)

Saal :)

Kylric
09-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Thanks for all of the replies. Yes, I do have VIP and I did purchase the standard version. I don't know if I activated it by reading it or whatever, so I will look into that. I will be reading up on the shared bank now.

I might be keeping it on this toon, so either way I could be fine. I just felt I would have to make that decision later somehow.

Either way, I'm having fun!

seebs
09-12-2012, 10:23 PM
If you have the object in your inventory, it's not been activated, and you should be able to put it in the bank. The stuff about upgrading from lessers applies to people who got the collector's edition, which is no longer available. (Teeth gnash; wailing is heard in the distance.)

sdrocky
09-12-2012, 11:00 PM
If you have opened your motu ticket on that toon you are stuck with it. if you haven't opened your motu ticket your OK. It states in big letters that by activating this ticket your accepting that there are certain items that will be bound to that toon. As a habit you should always read everything before selecting yes or no.

seebs
09-13-2012, 12:43 AM
If you have opened your motu ticket on that toon you are stuck with it. if you haven't opened your motu ticket your OK. It states in big letters that by activating this ticket your accepting that there are certain items that will be bound to that toon. As a habit you should always read everything before selecting yes or no.

Again, this is a new player who just bought the expansion recently. There is no way he can have a motu ticket, because those come only from the Collector's Edition, which is not available now.

donfilibuster
09-13-2012, 05:59 AM
This is getting more interesting than reality shows, was the tome read? tune in tomorrow to find out!
I blame the extended downtime, been here too long yesterday, not sure why i'm back again so early in the morning.

Kylric
09-13-2012, 09:18 AM
Sorry to leave everyone in suspense.... drum roll..... nope, I've not read it yet. I thought maybe because it was in my backpack it was somehow activated on this toon. I clicked on it and got the warning.

So, it appears I get make that decision. thanks folks!

Habreno
09-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Yes you do. :D