PDA

View Full Version : Allow VIP to reset ENH any time they want

Ape_Man
09-12-2012, 09:17 AM
Looks like a reasonable VIP perk to me.

Sell a timer bypass in the store for non-VIPs.

bigolbear
09-12-2012, 12:10 PM
no thats potentialy game unbalancing.

When a caster can change their elements of choice on a quest by quest basis - thats a problem.

Of course most wont be bothered to, but some might.

id be fine with it being reduced to a 12 hour timer or somehting tho - vip only.

Dysmetria
09-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Looks like a reasonable VIP perk to me.

Sell a timer bypass in the store for non-VIPs.What doesn't seem reasonable to me is VIPs asking for more free perks when they already have plenty.

If they do make this then they should sell it in the store to everyone, just like the raid timer bypasses.

Bogenbroom
09-12-2012, 03:08 PM
I would vote no. Re-speccing a character is far too easy as it is.

My personal opinion is that re-speccing enhancements should cost a level.

dterror
09-12-2012, 03:28 PM
What doesn't seem reasonable to me is VIPs asking for more free perks when they already have plenty.

If they do make this then they should sell it in the store to everyone, just like the raid timer bypasses.

More like what VIP are asking for is other perks to replace those that have been taken away.

Chai
09-12-2012, 03:46 PM
What doesn't seem reasonable to me is VIPs asking for more free perks when they already have plenty.

VIP dont have free perks. They PAY for those. And there arent that many that are deal breakers. There needs to be a few more.

There are already arbitrary mechanics in the game people can pay to bypass that break the game far more than resetting enhancement timers. We are already far beyond this level in the pay to win spectrum.

muny21
09-12-2012, 04:05 PM
So tired of these threads. Just give these so "better than everyone in the world" VIPs everything so they shut up.

Give them 1 raid 20th rewards. Every time they run a raid they get a 20th reward list.

Give them a Stone of Experience II each month that gets one toon from lvl 1 to 20 even TR toons.

Give them guaranteed Shard for old epic every third run. They get to choose from one shard in chest for every third epic run as well as seals.

Eliminate the need for scrolls for making epic items for VIPs. They can just buy a generic scroll from epic vendor for like 2 copper a piece.

Give them 1000% return on challenge ingredients.

Give them a constant +25% XP Bonus added to end of XP not the base. Like how an XP pot works.

Allow them to raise themselves once a quest without the use of cakes, with full health and mana of course.

After all, these are Very Important People and we can not just let them work for what they want, they need to have rewards for being all so important.

I do not care if you neg rep me or say I am trolling or whatever you internet kids call it these days. I am just fed up with all these entitlement threads and how VIPs deserve this that and the third.

Memnir
09-12-2012, 04:10 PM
I'm all for giving VIP more value for the money - but not the OP's suggestion.

Drekisen
09-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Until they have tiered spender rewards for Premiums I think this "we are ViP and we deserve more" thing needs to be put on hold.

Syllph
09-12-2012, 04:41 PM
I'm premium and paid money just like the VIPs, perhaps more. Not sure why VIPs should get anything that I'm not getting.

Dysmetria
09-12-2012, 11:02 PM
More like what VIP are asking for is other perks to replace those that have been taken away.Strange, I read the update and patch notes carefully and I've never seen them mention any VIP perks being taken away. What did I miss?

VIP dont have free perks. They PAY for those. And there arent that many that are deal breakers. There needs to be a few more.They are free in the sense that VIPs want them added free to the plan they already are currently paying for. Now if they were willing to pay another dollar or two a month for them, then they wouldn't be free.

I'm not sure why you think there needs to be any more perks added to the VIP subscription plan tho. If the plan is not good enough for someone, then they wouldn't subscribe. If they have subscribed, then obviously it is good enough already.

toaf
09-12-2012, 11:42 PM
So tired of these threads. Just give these so "better than everyone in the world" VIPs everything so they shut up.

Give them 1 raid 20th rewards. Every time they run a raid they get a 20th reward list.

Give them a Stone of Experience II each month that gets one toon from lvl 1 to 20 even TR toons.

Give them guaranteed Shard for old epic every third run. They get to choose from one shard in chest for every third epic run as well as seals.

Eliminate the need for scrolls for making epic items for VIPs. They can just buy a generic scroll from epic vendor for like 2 copper a piece.

Give them 1000% return on challenge ingredients.

Give them a constant +25% XP Bonus added to end of XP not the base. Like how an XP pot works.

Allow them to raise themselves once a quest without the use of cakes, with full health and mana of course.

After all, these are Very Important People and we can not just let them work for what they want, they need to have rewards for being all so important.

I do not care if you neg rep me or say I am trolling or whatever you internet kids call it these days. I am just fed up with all these entitlement threads and how VIPs deserve this that and the third.

sounds good to me. abit much but ill take it i guess

Rauven
09-12-2012, 11:51 PM
VIP dont have free perks. They PAY for those. And there arent that many that are deal breakers. There needs to be a few more.

There are already arbitrary mechanics in the game people can pay to bypass that break the game far more than resetting enhancement timers. We are already far beyond this level in the pay to win spectrum.

Paid for perks? Perk is an abbreviation of perquisite. A perquisite is an incidental benefit, a bonus, a gratuity or tip. You don't pay for perks, they are in addition to what you are paying for (or being paid in the classical sense of a perquisite).

Strange, I read the update and patch notes carefully and I've never seen them mention any VIP perks being taken away. What did I miss?

They are free in the sense that VIPs want them added free to the plan they already are currently paying for. Now if they were willing to pay another dollar or two a month for them, then they wouldn't be free.

I'm not sure why you think there needs to be any more perks added to the VIP subscription plan tho. If the plan is not good enough for someone, then they wouldn't subscribe. If they have subscribed, then obviously it is good enough already.

VIP's have not lost one perk since the perks were added to the subscriptions with the release of Mod 9. The only VIP perk that has been made available to non-VIP's is quest difficulty access and that requires a second life for hard and third or greater life for elite. That access is made available only to that character, was added due to bravery bonus and in no way affects the benefits a VIP receives with their subscription.

Uska
09-13-2012, 01:26 AM
Long term VIP here and I say no I would like some more perks but any they give should give cosmetic stuff only like pets or special armor apperance kits more available based on how long you have been active as a subscriber but NOTHING GAME AFFECTING!

dterror
09-13-2012, 09:34 AM
VIP's have not lost one perk since the perks were added to the subscriptions with the release of Mod 9. The only VIP perk that has been made available to non-VIP's is quest difficulty access and that requires a second life for hard and third or greater life for elite. That access is made available only to that character, was added due to bravery bonus and in no way affects the benefits a VIP receives with their subscription.

VIP have lost one major perk...access to ALL adventure packs. Now the wording is 'standard' instead of ALL.

Cyr
09-13-2012, 09:43 AM
No more unique perks for VIPs.

Those are silly and counter productive to Turbine making money from all their players...after all the percentage of people foolish enough to go full boat/near full boat premium to VIP is for all practical purposes essentially zero.

Instead VIP should continue to get new stuff (and not with dumb limitations like they have started to do in some cases) that is added to the game as account/character upgrades for free.

Stuff like all new MM entries, all new adventure packs, all new bank spaces, all new races, all new classes, all new EDs (based upon the high odds of Turbine wanting to wring extra money out of players for a very small amount of work), and all other new character and account upgrade options.

The only thing VIP players should have to use their points on is consumables, junk items that anyone would be foolish to spend their points on, and cosmetic items.

dterror
09-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Stuff like all new MM entries, all new adventure packs, all new bank spaces, all new races, all new classes, all new EDs (based upon the high odds of Turbine wanting to wring extra money out of players for a very small amount of work), and all other new character and account upgrade options.

As a vip, I have to say I'm fine with not having all new races or classes as long as they can be unlocked at no cost...it's kinda fun working to unlock them via favor ala Arti, FvS, etc.

I'm also fine with VIP not having ED automatically.

I do, however, think VIP needs to have something back to replace what was taken away. (all adventure packs access), and 10% run speed in town doesn't cut it.

laurawilder
09-13-2012, 10:19 AM
/not signed

That saids VIP accounts could use some love. Running faster in town is useless and being the opener for others on elite and have those same people grumble about VIP perks is irksome.

VIP accounts are money in the bank for Turbine that they can count on. Free accounts are useless and as Premiums will gladly state they could quite anytime and all they are out is what they spent so far.

VIPs get the perks over others for their committment not just the money spent.

It is not a bad thing that VIP players ask for love. F2P on the other hand need to quite being so demanding.

Rauven
09-13-2012, 10:19 AM
VIP have lost one major perk...access to ALL adventure packs. Now the wording is 'standard' instead of ALL.

What adventure packs do VIP's not have access to? Or are you talking about the Expansion Pack, the first ever offered for DDO and the only content with areas that are not included with a subscription. You can argue the semantics as you like but MotU was always billed as an expansion and expansions are rarely if ever not paid content over and above the standard purchase.

Cyr
09-13-2012, 10:23 AM
What adventure packs do VIP's not have access to? Or are you talking about the Expansion Pack, the first ever offered for DDO and the only content with areas that are not included with a subscription. You can argue the semantics as you like but MotU was always billed as an expansion and expansions are rarely if ever not paid content over and above the standard purchase.

That is nice and all, but it is still a new exception Turbine made to the previous VIP understanding making it less valuable.

That expansion was in place of other content. There was no new content for a bit there and VIPs were not getting anything new like they were used to. It means less new content per subscription period when Turbine changes the labeling on their content to expansion to make VIPs pay for it.

dterror
09-13-2012, 10:57 AM

Semantics aside, VIP subscription used to say that VIP had ***ALL*** adventure packs access, now it has been CHANGED to "standard" adventure pack access. That is a major loss of a perk, because TECHNICALLY every single thing added to the game is an 'expansion', and Turbine could just decide to do 'quality of life' updates and then lump the next 3 'adventure packs' together into another 'expansion pack', denying VIP access.

Vellrad
09-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Semantics aside, VIP subscription used to say that VIP had ***ALL*** adventure packs access, now it has been CHANGED to "standard" adventure pack access. That is a major loss of a perk, because TECHNICALLY every single thing added to the game is an 'expansion', and Turbine could just decide to do 'quality of life' updates and then lump the next 3 'adventure packs' together into another 'expansion pack', denying VIP access.

Take a look at other MMOs. 95% of expansions on market always had to be bougth separately.
The evil Turbine didn't invented anything new.

Will you all finally understand, that vip is just a payment option? Don't like it, don't buy it.
I don't care for adding new vip perks, as long as they're unlockable/buyable in the store; there shouldn't be even one thing vip offers that is not avaible by spending cash.

sandypaws
09-14-2012, 10:54 PM
I certainly wouldn't mind a reduction in the wait-period between enhancements. There are few things more annoying than completely revamping your enhancements and not noticing, until later, that you've forgotten 10k stars on your archer, or ToD on your dark monk, or whatever. And then you get to wait three days.

Personally, I highly doubt that people will reset their enhancements on a quest by quest basis. Maybe some will, but I suspect most of us just haven't got the patience to reset our enhancements for the millionth time.

MRMechMan
09-14-2012, 11:55 PM
/notsigned.

VIP is a good deal-10 bucks a month, plus you get back 500TP/month so it is more like 4-5 bucks. You think your 15 cents a day is what keeps this game afloat?

Nope. Xp pots, sp pots, +3 tomes, keys of fate, pets, etc certainly provide more cash than VIP subs. Much more.

If you DON'T think it is a good deal, you are free to go premium, but in no way are "VIPs" getting short changed or screwed at all.

NO to more VIP perks. Just because you pay for access to the game in a different way does not make you better or more deserving of extra bonuses.

The idea that subscribers are more loyal than premiums is absurd. If someone pays 200 bucks for all the content NOW, they are quite clearly more loyal/long term than a VIP that signs up for 100bucks for a year. Maybe if someone has been a VIP for 5-6 years, but that isn't being loyal, that is making a moronic financial decision, and you should in no way be rewarded for that.

In fact, the more bonuses turdbin gives VIPs, the more they will just **** those who were VIP and decided to take the step up to premium...no one wants to feel like they need to buy content AGAIN because VIPs keep getting absurd perks.

These don't help anyone anyway. If someone is canceling their sub and quitting, 10% movement speed isn't gonna do anything to help that. They are probably quitting because of RL, or bugs, or 1/2 their guild/friends are gone, or because endgame is boring, etc.

If someone is canceling their sub and going premium, that is a large influx of cash for turbine, a company that clearly cares little for the long term...so not sure why they would be encouraging people to stay VIP anyway as it is 100% against their track record.

Requiro
09-19-2012, 04:21 AM
/not signed for OP suggestion but:

/signed for reduction of time

My proposal: 1 day instead of 3 days.
Additional same reduction for feat exchange: 1 day instead of 3 days
Additional half price in pp for feat exchange.

Perks more for fun, not really powerful, so imo low-priority.

Shade
09-19-2012, 07:15 AM
Pretty sure they will use a system similar to the epic destinies for this anyways.

You can view the planned UI in game right now (go to options: set a key to enhancements under epic desitnis to view it)

It has reset specific tree and reset all buttons..

Presumably like EDs, VIPs can reset and swap enhacnements in any public area, at any time. Thats there perk and they could retain it for EDs i guess. Tho personally id like the option to at least buy taht perk in the store. (perhaps only to spent points, not reset trees, that could be vip-only)

While premium may only do so at a trainer.

Pretty sure the devs mentioned resetting wont be limited to 3 days for anyone anymore, free players and vip alike. Just the cost may go up if you reset too often.

redspecter23
09-19-2012, 07:20 AM
Under the current implementation, resetting enhancements without a timer is unbalancing and reduces character customization by promoting flip-flopping. I'm all for reducing the timer perhaps, but removing it altogether is a bad idea.