PDA

View Full Version : Make challenge mats in eveningstar Bount to Account

janave
09-11-2012, 02:37 AM
The challenges are so disgracefully unbalanced between character classes thats just shameful.

At least make it so that i can go in and destroy the place with a caster while sitting back and sipping lemonade, so im not punished wanting a cloak on my fighter with a stupid task guarding Coyle with negative 1000% healing amp.

Dev response for whoever decided BTC was cool please, we sooo wanna know -.-

Thanks

1jazzz
09-11-2012, 02:57 AM
for it's price there's no need to make the mats BTA

tho i do think that if you pull a "named" item from the challenge chest they should be BTA

janave
09-11-2012, 03:01 AM
for it's price there's no need to make the mats BTA

tho i do think that if you pull a "named" item from the challenge chest they should be BTA

So its OK that based on your class choice its between autogrant victory or enfuriating struggle thru the challenges?

Its not OK, the price doesnt matter, the price has nothing to do with game balance or its lack thereof.

1jazzz
09-11-2012, 03:08 AM
so you're just looking at it from a soloist point of view?

janave
09-11-2012, 03:19 AM
Before you get the wrong image, a 150hps drow sorc hireling soloes it to 3star :). I sometimes have to tell him where to spam the ottos or horrid wilting, but he is cool on his own.

My fighter is not gimpy either but i could have easily sit the fights out.

janave
09-11-2012, 03:21 AM
so you're just looking at it from a soloist point of view?

There are ceirtain times, 80% my prime playing time where getting a group for anything is really difficult, granted players only care about challenges when they need that 1 piece of item, its near impossible to get 1 person join you. Needless to say getting a full group is out of the question.

As i tried to point it out, i consider this a game balance issue rather than value for entertainment :).

Illiamfryn
09-11-2012, 03:25 AM
I would suggest something different. I would like to see their numbers increase.....and not only in Eveningstar challenges but also in Cannith challenges, which by the way noone runs anymore. Please devs look seriously into the challenges xp and ingredients and the price of Cannith Challenges in the store.

1jazzz
09-11-2012, 03:26 AM
tell be about it, my main is a barb/ftr with no healing amp with 125% fortification, did EE trail of fury and got hit by the boss for 485 crit damage

but consider NOT going for normal/forum builds. take feats like sap to null mobs abit, as for ED goes, i highly recomend choosing 3 tier 1 abilities from other trees to max your potential.

but like in the past, they may get nerfed later, there was a time where Wizard ruled all epics, and was the only class to be able to solo wizking epic. i do agree that balance is dued tho

janave
09-11-2012, 03:34 AM
My fighter is lvl16, and she wont see epics, well not in her first life :). The challenge was set at 16 too.

If any, a change id like to see (after the BtA-ing mats) is more options to increase difficulty/performance ratio.

Example: In Arena before you hit the gong you could choose the rate at waves spawn with 1-5x multipliers. There is just too much downtime in some of the challenges. Short, intense, but rewarding would be my preferred features for challenges.

1jazzz
09-11-2012, 03:41 AM
ok in regards to the matter i think yes we should voice out, but not be too harsh this is just the starting. as the updated come the balancing will too, give the Devs some time to fix bugs and make new content.

i say this because as a DM it's hard sometimes to gauge how well the party can take the CR challenge. balance is key to maintaining the players interest of the game after all

Kinerd
09-11-2012, 03:30 PM
ok in regards to the matter i think yes we should voice out, but not be too harsh this is just the starting. as the updated come the balancing will too, give the Devs some time to fix bugs and make new content.

i say this because as a DM it's hard sometimes to gauge how well the party can take the CR challenge. balance is key to maintaining the players interest of the game after allTo me, they don't deserve patience on this particular issue because we just went through it with the Cannith challenges.

-Cannith challenges came out.
-Everyone hated BtC ingredients.
-BtC ingredients were changed to BtA (and an ingredient swap was added).

-Eveningstar challenges came out.
-Everyone STILL hates BtC ingredients.

Someone had to specifically design Eveningstar challenges to have BtC ingredients, knowing that everyone hated them. It's borderline trolling, and they shouldn't get a pass on it.

redspecter23
09-11-2012, 03:35 PM
It should have been BtA by default. When the decision to make it BtC was decided internally, I think the reasons should have been noted so they could be relayed to us later upon release so we could have some understanding of the design process. Instead we get the impression that the devs use "dartboard math" when making important decisions like this. No explanation is given so we assume they throw darts at a board to determine outcomes of various things. This leads to disgruntled players and raged up message boards. Simple communication of WHY it HAS TO BE BtC could clear all this up. Of course if Turbine doesn't actually have a reason, then they might as well go ahead and make them BtA. It's two simple choices and neither seems to be acceptable to them for some reason.

danotmano1998
09-11-2012, 03:38 PM
It should have been BtA by default.

When the decision to make it BtC was decided internally, I think the reasons should have been noted.

Instead we get the impression that the devs use "dartboard math" when making important decisions like this.

No explanation is given. This leads to disgruntled players. Simple communication could clear all this up.

Of course if Turbine doesn't actually have a reason, then they might as well go ahead and make them BtA. It's two simple choices and neither seems to be acceptable to them for some reason.

Quoted and shortened for emphasis. Very good points here, +1.

Someone had to specifically design Eveningstar challenges to have BtC ingredients, knowing that everyone hated them. It's borderline trolling, and they shouldn't get a pass on it.

Feather of Sun, I do believe. The same person that decided random rewards would be fun for players, if I remember his quote correctly.
(P.S. No, its not fun, and BTC still sucks.)

krzyysiek098
09-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Yep, yep - should be BtA.

djl
09-11-2012, 04:05 PM
EDIT:

someone already mentioned this point

djl
09-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Quoted and shortened for emphasis. Very good points here, +1.

Feather of Sun, I do believe. The same person that decided random rewards would be fun for players, if I remember his quote correctly.
(P.S. No, its not fun, and BTC still sucks.)

Feather of Sun seems to design stuff with the intention of creating huge time sinks, completely disregarding what the players will think about it. Seems like it was also his decision that all weapons from CitW should require 3 Heroic Coms (which are each as rare as the weapons themselves and don't drop in 20th lists) to put Planar Conflux on them. Thankfully, he delayed that particular change until U16 comes out so people still have a while before they get screwed into having to do a lot more work.

licho
09-11-2012, 04:14 PM
/just signed

I still hate BtC mats.

Brennie
09-11-2012, 04:22 PM
To me, they don't deserve patience on this particular issue because we just went through it with the Cannith challenges.

-Cannith challenges came out.
-Everyone hated BtC ingredients.
-BtC ingredients were changed to BtA (and an ingredient swap was added).

-Eveningstar challenges came out.
-Everyone STILL hates BtC ingredients.

My sentiments exactly. The fact that most of what you can purchase with ingredients is randomized, the argument for BtA ingredients just gets larger.

Eveningstar Challenges and all rewards (Possibly not cloaks, or not tier X cloaks), should be BtA. If you have multiple characters who use the same type of weapon, its always possible to roll something perfect for one that is bad for another...

badbob117
09-11-2012, 05:14 PM
The bind to character mats are awful. Would love if they changed it to BTA.

The low xp , low drop rates and huge amount of mats needed is discouraging enough for the average player. Not to mention the whole lottery system with all the weps and armor! Make the mats BTA Turbine. Like you guys did with the house c challenges. It is a step in the right direction!

Would probs increase the sale of the pack ten fold with this simple change! More money for Turbine and a happy populace of players. It is a win-win situation!

Titus_Ovid
10-03-2012, 04:52 PM
its annoying and boring farming

/signed

red_cardinal
10-03-2012, 05:08 PM
/signed

SlogUK
10-22-2012, 06:49 AM
I've just, literally just realised that they're not. Sucks.

LordRavnos
10-22-2012, 08:40 AM
/signed. House C got adjusted, Eveningstar needs the same treatment please. Not just so we can solo with an easier to solo character, or the one that is more fun. Mainly because the items are randomly generated, so making them all BtC makes it something most people rather avoid

Rae_Rae
11-19-2012, 12:58 AM
BtC mats are a terrible idea.

/signed.

Rae_Rae
11-19-2012, 01:03 AM
/Signed

Make the mats BtA.

akiraproject24
11-25-2012, 02:27 PM
keep this one alive