PDA

View Full Version : Dragonshards?

My2Cents
09-09-2012, 06:48 PM
"Dragonshards no longer drop in the Forgotten Realms."

So I understand, when running FR content, if you want to switch feats or bind eqipment you either rely on your personal "store" of fragments, buy them from the AH, or run quests back in Eberron?

Also, are those drops going to be replaced by something else or will there just be less drops.

On live I seem to have noticed many "prayer" beads drops recently in FR epic quests and wilderness - I would have thought there would be more epic token fragments than beads?

SpiritofNight
09-11-2012, 08:05 AM
"Dragonshards no longer drop in the Forgotten Realms."

So I understand, when running FR content, if you want to switch feats or bind eqipment you either rely on your personal "store" of fragments, buy them from the AH, or run quests back in Eberron?

Also, are those drops going to be replaced by something else or will there just be less drops.

On live I seem to have noticed many "prayer" beads drops recently in FR epic quests and wilderness - I would have thought there would be more epic token fragments than beads?

I see no problem with this.

It is more lore-accurate, and frankly, by level 25 if you loot even half the shards you find, you will have FAR too many already.

Siberys I can see you maybe running out of, if you swap feats a lot. (frankly, if you have to switch feats, you've made a mistake somewhere)
Khyber shards you willl never run out of, ever, unless you cast trap the soul... a lot. (i have 20k+ on one character, havent counted the others, cant be bothered)
For this, I would hope there could be a Faerunian equivalent of khyber shards for Trap the Soul components.

TempestAlphaOmega
09-11-2012, 09:39 AM

Don't the Epic Token fragments go directly to your inventory where as the prayer beads you need to actually pick up?

Are the prayer beads actually dropping from mobs that are CR20+ thought they just came from the sub 20 cr creatures?

My2Cents
09-12-2012, 11:51 AM
I had been getting token fragments in the bags as well in some quests. I think it was 1 fragment per bag.