PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade CitW raid items

Syllph
09-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Caught in the Web Raid items should come as blanks. Each Heroic commendation is turned in to the vendor and adds one effect.

Melee effects

Caster effects

Ranged Effects.

Commendations would drop at much higher rates on Hard and 100% on elite.

This would allow casters to customize the generally useless Twilight to be useful for PMS, healer-types, and Nuker types.

This would allow Melee to take the weapon they prefer and add a whole range of effects.

The effects could be practically limitless, so after say 20 heroic comms the caster staff would have 120 to all relevant Spell powers, Arance Aug. Major Arcane Lore, etc.

The Melee one would have Stun, +6 Tactical DCs, etc.

djl
09-09-2012, 06:20 PM
I would only support this if they make it easier to obtain the Heroic Commendations. They should drop like TOD trophies of war, with more awarded on higher difficulties with vastly increased drop chances.

The HCs are my biggest complaint about the raid loot in its current form... They are as rare as the raid loot itself and do not appear in 20th lists, and you need multiples of them to do anything with them.

redspecter23
09-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Requiring 4 different components to make a single piece of raid loot, with each piece dropping about 1/3rd as much as typical raid loot is just an absolutely fantastic way to distribute raid loot and I wish they would apply this retroactively to all raids and use it from now on for all future raids.

/sarcasm off

At least with old epic crafting, the scrolls are able to be traded. To the OP, your idea is way better than the current implementation... as is nearly every idea I've read on the topic. Turbine, take notes.