PDA

View Full Version : Guild advice

Hockeyspade
09-06-2012, 12:42 PM
I was hoping someone could tell me what the benifits of being in a Guild are? Also what is expected of you once you join one?

Thanks?

sebastianosmith
09-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Those are rather open-ended questions with no specific answers.

Guild benefits include, but are not limited to, ship buffs and transport, (semi-) readily available party members, use of guild-restricted items with augments, guild vendors and general camaraderie.

As for what might be expected of one joining a guild... There are as many expectations as stars in the night sky. Each one is unique. It is finding one with a uniqueness similar to your own that remains the tricky part.

Best of luck.

hcarr
09-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Most cases what I see guild rules and a guild is for.

1 rule
Dont trash the guilds name by being a jerk etc

2 social
Group you usually play with and get to know.
Help each other with info and gear.

3 mechanical
If guild has a ship most important thing is you can easily get from one place to another without so many load screens.
higher level guilds get access to some nice buffs but not really required.

Lagin
09-06-2012, 01:13 PM
1st rule of thumb, is like minded play styles and friends.

Sebastion covered pretty much everything else.

Hockeyspade
09-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Should have been a little more specfic about what is expected of you. R u expected 2 drop what ever your doing (your in middle of a quest or in middle of crafting etc) If guild member ask 4 help? R there on line meeting u have to be part of? Stuff like that.

hcarr
09-06-2012, 02:25 PM
I have not run across you have to drop right away even if your in the middle of something. Its courtesy to say I can get there to help in about x amount of minutes from my experience. Usually when you hear it in a group it is an excuse to get out of a bad group, get away from someone or something they really wanted to do came up and they were in your group killing time.

Meetings depends on guild and if your an officer or not. Some have some don't.

seebs
09-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Should have been a little more specfic about what is expected of you. R u expected 2 drop what ever your doing (your in middle of a quest or in middle of crafting etc) If guild member ask 4 help? R there on line meeting u have to be part of? Stuff like that.

Varies between guilds. There was a famously awful supergroup in CoH that had all sorts of rules and requirements. I've been in plenty where no one really cared that I almost never did anything but hang out in chat and solo stuff.

Hockeyspade
09-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the advice. I got the info i was looking 4.