PDA

View Full Version : Teleportation

cyghost
09-05-2012, 07:00 AM
What an awesome spell. I never knew I need it on my monk till I rolled a sorc :D Now the monk carries tele scrolls!

Anyway, it need to have some locations added! Gianthold, Amrath, Ataraxia Island, House C to name a few. Plus it would be super cool, super cool, if once an explorer is open, one can teleport to locations on it. Stand in sands, hit tele, opens the explorer map along with the default locations, click on Llailat's Lair and viola! no long tedious spring throught the dessert that benefits no one.

Thank you for your consideration. :D

Machination
09-05-2012, 07:46 AM
Yes, the China servers had this, you could teleport directly to the quest after joining a gorup.

Yes, they need to add more places to the teleport list, its been said time and time again.

Yes, House C is not even on the teleport list. No reason why, just can't seem to get it done.

Yes, Eveningstar is not on the teleport list. Instead we have to use a Key that bugs out 50% of the time (its really really annoying Turbine that buggy key)

No, nothing has been done about any of it for a long long time, there are higher priorities, like fixing the breakable in Whisperdoom Spawn.

I am pretty sure that there is an intention to slow players down make us run place to place.

What an awesome spell. I never knew I need it on my monk till I rolled a sorc :D Now the monk carries tele scrolls!

Anyway, it need to have some locations added! Gianthold, Amrath, Ataraxia Island, House C to name a few. Plus it would be super cool, super cool, if once an explorer is open, one can teleport to locations on it. Stand in sands, hit tele, opens the explorer map along with the default locations, click on Llailat's Lair and viola! no long tedious spring throught the dessert that benefits no one.

Ungood
09-05-2012, 08:02 AM
Now wait a min. They Added in the Crafting Hall to the Teleport Locations, and they updated the Graphics on the spell as well, so they are paying attention to it.

House C got a Teleporter put into it.

As for additional locations, sure, why not.

I would just rather they fixed the Auto-Group Teleport Feature, that would be very handy for the game overall.

JOTMON
09-05-2012, 08:12 AM

Did you look at Greater teleport..
cast in any quest transports you and those round you to you destination choice of..

Zawabi's Refuge
The Restless Isles
Siber Atol
The Twilight Forge
Gianthold
The Necropolis
The Portable Hole
Meridia

More destinations would be nice, we have had enough content added in the last few years that should be on the teleport list.

Like..
Ship entrance.. somewhere, anywhere that is in front of the ship door
Eveningstar Cavern (would cover ship entrance)
Eveningstar Villiage (by the well, the 1 hour cooldown on a key that fails more than it suceeds sucks.. also..fix the key to 1/rest)
Inspired quarter by the tavern
Reaver Refuge tavern
House C crafting hall (could replace the house K crafting hall, still dont understand why there are still 2 crafting halls)

Would love to see an update to make the the word of recall spell usefull for clerics that teleports you back to your last teleport from location (open area's only including use of portals).

Phemt81
09-05-2012, 08:24 AM
I wonder if they fixed the greater mark of passage...

cyghost
09-05-2012, 11:20 AM
I haven't but now I surely will! I thought it was just the ability to teleport party members :D

I suspect it will take quite an important slot though...

Silverwren
09-05-2012, 11:30 AM

Only works in quests and wilderness areas. Not in public. This too should be changed to work everywhere.

No, to the OP. If you didn't run everywhere your toon would get fat and dumpy! :D

Seriously though, these ideas are long overdue.

donfilibuster
09-05-2012, 01:27 PM
And lets not forget poor dragonmark of passage.
I fear that one is frozen till the dragonmarks overhaul.
Further fear in that it'll take an upper tier instead of adding a more useful power.

Aurora1979
09-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Only works in quests and wilderness areas. Not in public. This too should be changed to work everywhere.

No, to the OP. If you didn't run everywhere your toon would get fat and dumpy! :D

Seriously though, these ideas are long overdue.

If GT gets changed to work everywhere it would have to only affect people in your group, could be a pain otherwise.

Also, I would like a blank box on the spell, let you flag 1 spot "anywhere" within the game to mark as a teleport point.

I'm not sure if that's possible code wise or not, I'm pretty ignorant about it I'm afraid but I guess, they can remember your location when you log out..... could they do something similar?

CaptainSpacePony
09-05-2012, 01:50 PM
I've said it before and will again:

Teleport/GT need more destinations and the Crafting Hall destination should be in the House C hall, not House K.

Also when jumping to the 12, it should load directly there, instead of the double load time.

kilagan800
09-05-2012, 03:04 PM
I've said it before and will again:

Teleport/GT need more destinations and the Crafting Hall destination should be in the House C hall, not House K.

Also when jumping to the 12, it should load directly there, instead of the double load time.

I agree with this -- make the crafting hall teleport go to House C instead of K.
Fix the double loading screen on the twelve.
Add Eveningstar Cavern to the teleport list.

On the greater teleport list add Reaver's Refuge
Add Eveningstar Village

:)

Ungood
09-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Ok. To be fair here, to go to Evening Star would require a planer shift spell, not a teleport spell, because you are not traveling from one location to another around a world, you are moving from one reality to another.

Just saying on that.

House C crafting hall may be better, but I like the House K crafting hall, as that gives me a one zone move to get to the ship or the teleporter. So it's a better focal spot.

donfilibuster
09-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Ok. To be fair here, to go to Evening Star would require a planer shift spell, not a teleport spell, because you are not traveling from one location to another around a world, you are moving from one reality to another.

That's correct, a planar shift works through the demonweb, at worst you'd require two castings.
Arguably teleport should still work as long as there's astral plane within the demonweb.
However, if it were me i wouldn't be against a 'helm of spelljamming' amenity for the guild airship :)
(afaik those work in both eberron and faerun, be it official or not)

Aerach
09-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Teleportation works ~within~ faerun though. Which will matter more if they increase the size of Fearun areas but it sonds like they're going to.

Spoonwelder
09-05-2012, 06:05 PM
You can teleport back from Faerun.....so umm why is that all you techno-perfectionists?:p

sephiroth1084
09-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Greater Teleport offers you some more locations, but you can only use it while inside a quest.

Now wait a min. They Added in the Crafting Hall to the Teleport Locations, and they updated the Graphics on the spell as well, so they are paying attention to it. To be fair (not to the devs), yes, they updated the icons, but they did so only after Memnir made the new icons and gave them to the dev team.

Aerach
09-05-2012, 06:17 PM
They could of course pull a deus ex and say we Know the locations back home well enough to teleport to but don't Know fearun well enough. There, a lore-fitting excuse for not touching it! <_<

Ungood
09-05-2012, 08:11 PM
You can teleport back from Faerun.....so umm why is that all you techno-perfectionists?:p

Well if you want to get technical about it, we are "outsiders" to the Faerun environment, and really should not be able to be bound there at all, and we should return to Ebberon upon death automatically, and should not be able to be bound to Frogotten Realms (by a spirit binder) at all as our souls are owned by the Gods and Goddess of Ebberon.

In fact, truth be told, banishment spells should work on us while there, unless we had boots of anchoring on.

So, teleporting back to our home plane, is not unreasonable, in any sense, but also, our scrolls come from Ebberon, not Faerun, thus, the scrolls themselves would not be empowered to take us there as that environment is foreign to their magic, even if we were familiar with the landscape.

Hence needing a planer shift spell to move away from our home plane.

Thus also, only something from Faerun can bring us back there, ergo, the Key we would receive being able to do so.

But I am all for additional Teleport Options, and would like for GT to be used in public places (Group affect only)

But to be honest, with the ship portals (Captain and Navigator) as well as the teleport Portals, there is really not much we can't get to very quickly, within a zone or two at most.

I think the furthest anyone has to travel is 3 zone points to be at any hub in the game.

It's moving through the explorer areas that can take the most time, which is why I really wish they would fix the Auto-Group Feature for that.

Phemt81
09-05-2012, 08:46 PM
To be fair (not to the devs), yes, they updated the icons, but they did so only after Memnir made the new icons and gave them to the dev team.

This leads us to understand that Memnir IS a dev in disguise!!!!111!!!!1! lol

edit: +1 to memnir

youdonut
09-05-2012, 08:58 PM
how about adding an ability to create a teleport beacon which you can place in a public area you frequent? maybe allow up to 3 beacons and you can select which beacon you want to teleport to from the list.

sephiroth1084
09-05-2012, 09:14 PM
This leads us to understand that Memnir IS a dev in disguise!!!!111!!!!1! lol

edit: +1 to memnir
Ha! If only. More like, the devs couldn't be bothered to do over 3+ years to do what Memnir did in about an hour (probably less).

danzig138
09-06-2012, 01:37 AM
/signed

Alavatar
09-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Well if you want to get technical about it, we are "outsiders" to the Faerun environment, and really should not be able to be bound there at all, and we should return to Ebberon upon death automatically, and should not be able to be bound to Frogotten Realms (by a spirit binder) at all as our souls are owned by the Gods and Goddess of Ebberon.

In fact, truth be told, banishment spells should work on us while there, unless we had boots of anchoring on.

So, teleporting back to our home plane, is not unreasonable, in any sense, but also, our scrolls come from Ebberon, not Faerun, thus, the scrolls themselves would not be empowered to take us there as that environment is foreign to their magic, even if we were familiar with the landscape.

I am just going to point out that Eberron and Faerun are both on the Prime Material Plane, which is what matters for determining a "home" plane. Therefore, we are not "outsiders" in Faerun. :)

As for the OP, I agree. I would prefer a way to create my own Teleport waypoint, though.

kilagan800
09-06-2012, 04:00 PM

Just saying on that.

Great point!

Just an idea: Maybe make a new named item (a trinket or boots or something) that would have a clickie on it, like the pendant of time, that would allow players to Planar Shift to the Eveningstar cavern.

But on the greater teleport list keep Eveningstar village, so when a caster finishes an Evenstar quest, the caster is able to teleport the group back to the village.

JOTMON
09-07-2012, 08:22 AM
Great point!

Just an idea: Maybe make a new named item (a trinket or boots or something) that would have a clickie on it, like the pendant of time, that would allow players to Planar Shift to the Eveningstar cavern.

But on the greater teleport list keep Eveningstar village, so when a caster finishes an Evenstar quest, the caster is able to teleport the group back to the village.

OG, not more 1 time use clickies taking up valuable inventory space.

Just upgrade the key to 1x/rest use with multiple destinations.

Bradik_Losdar
09-08-2012, 12:26 PM
As can be seen from this post, everyone has their own ideas about what teleport points would be best.

Also, I would like a blank box on the spell, let you flag 1 spot "anywhere" within the game to mark as a teleport point.

I'm not sure if that's possible code wise or not, I'm pretty ignorant about it I'm afraid but I guess, they can remember your location when you log out..... could they do something similar?

This is something I've suggested - for years (see the second line in my signature) - and it should be doable within the coding limitations of the game (after all, it's simply saving X, Y, and Z coordinate numbers) - just, as you say, like when logging out.

It would allow everyone to have their own perfect, custom set of teleport points for each character.

(And yes, the devs should impliment the planar shift spell in the game now that Faerun is a part of DDO)

redspecter23
09-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Getting the devs to add teleport points to the spell is the second most difficult thing to get them to do besides adding prestige enhancements. For some reason they are EXTREMELY hesitant to add more teleport points without years of nagging (and then it's only to places that are 2+ years old anyway). I'm not sure why they don't add teleports to the list as new areas are added or at least shortly after.

I can understand why prestige enhancements take a long time. There is tons of work involved. I can't imagine it's that much effort to tweak teleport with new areas when they are released.