PDA

View Full Version : Mission and Objectives window disappered from UI

EnjoyTheJourney
09-03-2012, 10:13 PM
I joined a team for the first time this evening, and had an enjoyable experience -- although it could have turned out not so well, with different teammates.

Not long after joining the team, I accidentally closed the window that shows you the current mission and objectives and I couldn't figure out how to get it open again. I had to bother my teammates for directions to missions, what remaining objectives were, that kind of thing; fortunately, they were patient and willing to do that, although they couldn't help me get that window back, either.

I needed to log shortly after leaving the team and so it's still a mystery to me how I get the "mission & objectives" window to become visible again, when I accidentally close it.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

seebs
09-03-2012, 10:39 PM
First thing I'd do is look near where it was for a little eye icon. That window has three states; open, transparent (you can see the text but not the window), and "collapsed".

If I had this, my first step would be:

/ui layout save foo.txt

Then look at:

<Option Name="HotQuestPanelState" Value="???"/>

which might say "collapsed"; if so, change it to "Opaque" and save the file, then load it (/ui layout load foo.txt). Yes, they are capitalized inconsistently. (File should be in Documents/Dungeons and Dragons Online/ui/layouts/)

You might also look for a Layout containing an Element with the ID "HotStoryQuestJournal_QuestEntry". That seems to be what controls where that window goes.

dopey69
09-03-2012, 10:42 PM
First thing I'd do is look near where it was for a little eye icon. That window has three states; open, transparent (you can see the text but not the window), and "collapsed".

If I had this, my first step would be:

/ui layout save foo.txt

Then look at:

<Option Name="HotQuestPanelState" Value="???"/>

which might say "collapsed"; if so, change it to "Opaque" and save the file, then load it (/ui layout load foo.txt). Yes, they are capitalized inconsistently. (File should be in Documents/Dungeons and Dragons Online/ui/layouts/)

You might also look for a Layout containing an Element with the ID "HotStoryQuestJournal_QuestEntry". That seems to be what controls where that window goes.

or just move your hot bars around it is on your screen but under something

EnjoyTheJourney
09-04-2012, 12:03 AM
I'll look for an eye somewhere on the UI first. I'll go file-diving if I have no luck with a visual inspection.

Thank you for the replies; it's good to have multiple options.

nibel
09-04-2012, 05:54 AM
Press J

jjflanigan
09-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Press J

This :) J toggles the quest window between the 3 states: visible with frame, visible without frame, hidden.

-JJ