PDA

View Full Version : TP and Favor unlocking Storage Tactic...

TheVatican
08-30-2012, 08:16 PM
With the new 25% off storage bags, I am wondering what the most efficient use of my TP points is.

This is what I have it down to.

1) Buy the Shared Bank Storage, because you cannot earn it in game with Favor.

2) Personal BANK, buy both slots, even though you can get two with Kundarak Favor, when you do, they will be in addition too, correct? This is what I wanted to make sure about that, they would be in addion too.

3) Personal inventory, Wait to get favor with the Coin Lords, since the TP spaces are not in addition too?

Thanks

9Crows
08-30-2012, 08:20 PM
shared bank if you have alts ...lots of bta stuff in game

Rapthorn
08-30-2012, 08:32 PM
Store purchased bank(s) is indeed in addition to the one free slot and the two house K favor slots. They will also remain through TRs (unlike the house K favor slots).

pelaaja
08-31-2012, 05:19 AM
- A class which you can't unlock with favor (Monk, and Druid), or a race (WF, Helf and Horc)

- Adventure packs

- Characters slots (sometimes 2/4 isn't enough. even 13 toons is not enough for me :p )

- Shared bank (If many alts)

- Epic Destinies (if you have a toon close to lvl 20 )

susiedupfer
08-31-2012, 06:40 AM
They earn you more favor, not to mention enabling you to TR faster, thereby enabling more favor. After you have all the content you want, then shared bank would be my next choice.

dterror
08-31-2012, 11:32 AM
With the new 25% off storage bags, I am wondering what the most efficient use of my TP points is.

This is what I have it down to.

1) Buy the Shared Bank Storage, because you cannot earn it in game with Favor.

2) Personal BANK, buy both slots, even though you can get two with Kundarak Favor, when you do, they will be in addition too, correct? This is what I wanted to make sure about that, they would be in addion too.

3) Personal inventory, Wait to get favor with the Coin Lords, since the TP spaces are not in addition too?

Thanks

Your bank can be up to 100 total spaces, 20 spaces each on 5 tabs. The 1 you start with, 2 you can unlock with favor, and 2 you can buy with TP
Inventory goes up to 120 total spaces, 20 spaces each on 6 tabs. Start with 3, unlock 2 more, buy 1 more

If you purchase the 2 bank and/or 1 inventory tabs, you will also have them active right away when you TR, so that you start with 3 bank and 4 inventory

Dysmetria
08-31-2012, 07:26 PM
Provided you have the shared bank, do not ever, ever, waste TP on adding more tabs of 20 slots to a character's bank or inventory.

For just 5% more TP than any of those individual 20 slot additions, you can buy another character slot. That character will start with 60 slots in it's inventory, and 20 in it's personal bank, and with a bit of favor grinding and coin you can add another 80 slots of storage.

So you can get 20 extra slots for one character, or for 5% more TP you can get 160 slots per server. I think it's an obvious choice.

7-day_Trial_Monkey
08-31-2012, 08:16 PM
Provided you have the shared bank, do not ever, ever, waste TP on adding more tabs of 20 slots to a character's bank or inventory.

For just 5% more TP than any of those individual 20 slot additions, you can buy another character slot. That character will start with 60 slots in it's inventory, and 20 in it's personal bank, and with a bit of favor grinding and coin you can add another 80 slots of storage.

So you can get 20 extra slots for one character, or for 5% more TP you can get 160 slots per server. I think it's an obvious choice.

I wholeheartedly disagree with that advice. I absolutely need all 6 char pages of inventory on many of my builds. Otherwise I would be destroying loot to pickup new loot. Keeping a proper amount of clickies, potions, scrolls and weapon sets leaves at most 1.5 to 2 emtpy tabs for loot. And that can easily be filled up in one trip out questing.

Dysmetria
08-31-2012, 08:50 PM
I wholeheartedly disagree with that advice. I absolutely need all 6 char pages of inventory on many of my builds. Otherwise I would be destroying loot to pickup new loot. Keeping a proper amount of clickies, potions, scrolls and weapon sets leaves at most 1.5 to 2 emtpy tabs for loot. And that can easily be filled up in one trip out questing.Just because you consider 80-100 slots of inventory a "proper amount" of clickies and alternate weapons does not mean everyone else does. I'm sorry you were unable to play this game up until they just recently added the 6th page, since you "absolutely need" it. Musta been kinda boring just hangin here on the forums all those years before then.

But while even 6 tabs is not going to be enough for a hoarder like you, for the average new player 5 pages is plenty and a character slot is far more worth the TP.

Brennie
08-31-2012, 09:12 PM
- A class which you can't unlock with favor (Monk, and Druid), or a race (WF, Helf and Horc)

- Adventure packs

- Characters slots (sometimes 2/4 isn't enough. even 13 toons is not enough for me :p )

- Shared bank (If many alts)

- Epic Destinies (if you have a toon close to lvl 20 )

I agree with this. However, allow me to change the priority order a little bit:

- Adventure packs (High level)

- Adventure packs (mid level)

- Adventure packs (low level w/ epic options)

- Adventure packs (any others you missed)

- Also: Adventure packs

- Shared bank (I'm a quality over quantity kind of guy.)

- Epic Destinies (if you have a toon close to lvl 20)

- Other account options that cannot be unlocked via favor

- Permanent personal boosts for your favorite characters that cannot be found in game (Fate tomes and XP tomes specifically. Bank/Inventory slots possibly. Bags unlikely. +3 tomes can be bought and sold via the AH, and you WILL cap out on platinum if you stay high level for a bit so cost is more-or-less a non-issue, so they are not good DDO store buys for the frugal gamer)

- Nothing else ever.

TheVatican
08-31-2012, 09:13 PM
So for character inventory. The max is 6, so that means, we get two with favor and one from turbine points? Is that correct?

Dysmetria
08-31-2012, 09:25 PM
So for character inventory. The max is 6, so that means, we get two with favor and one from turbine points? Is that correct?Yes, you start with three pages, you unlock two more with favor which you can easily do in your first 5 or 6 levels, all from free low level quests in that faction, and you can buy the last with TP only.

MsEricka
08-31-2012, 10:22 PM
Don't forget that right now you can get 250TP off any one item with code PCW250. And right now the shared bank is on sale. This might be the best time for you to get it if you have the points.

7-day_Trial_Monkey
09-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Just because you consider 80-100 slots of inventory a "proper amount" of clickies and alternate weapons does not mean everyone else does. I'm sorry you were unable to play this game up until they just recently added the 6th page, since you "absolutely need" it. Musta been kinda boring just hangin here on the forums all those years before then.

But while even 6 tabs is not going to be enough for a hoarder like you, for the average new player 5 pages is plenty and a character slot is far more worth the TP.

Did you even read your own post? Here you are telling me that different people have different ideas and yet your 1st post was 100% absolute with your ever ever spam!

Seriously. You disregarded any possibility of people having different needs or desires. I did no such thing. Then you accused me of doing what you just did!?

And since you are having so much trouble figuring it out on your own, I'll explain it to you. Before there was a 6th tab, there was also less stuff to be had and used while questing.

And you are mistaking someone who comes to a quest equipped to be both self sufficient and supportive of the other players in the group, with a hoarder. They are not the same thing.

If you are going to give advice in the new player forum it is general a good idea to know what you are talking about. Making the absolute claim like you did in your 1st post that a 6th tab is never needed is downright absurd.

Shall I link to the 100s of posts over the years from people asking for that extra tab, and even more still, to show that your opinion is not a universally shared one?

Dysmetria
09-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Did you even read your own post? Here you are telling me that different people have different ideas and yet your 1st post was 100% absolute with your ever ever spam!

Seriously. You disregarded any possibility of people having different needs or desires. I did no such thing. Then you accused me of doing what you just did!?

And since you are having so much trouble figuring it out on your own, I'll explain it to you. Before there was a 6th tab, there was also less stuff to be had and used while questing.

And you are mistaking someone who comes to a quest equipped to be both self sufficient and supportive of the other players in the group, with a hoarder. They are not the same thing.

If you are going to give advice in the new player forum it is general a good idea to know what you are talking about. Making the absolute claim like you did in your 1st post that a 6th tab is never needed is downright absurd.

Shall I link to the 100s of posts over the years from people asking for that extra tab, and even more still, to show that your opinion is not a universally shared one?You seem to be reading a lot more into my posts than was there. I never said my opinion is universally shared, and my "ever, ever spam" was no more absolute than your "absolutely need" statement was.

My advice was geared towards new players since that is who this forum is for, and they don't have 4 or more pages of clickies and weapon sets for most every possible enemy and scrolls and potions for most every possibility. Even many of us veterans that do have all that stuff consider the 6th bag to be a waste of TP, yet we don't have to destroy loot to make room for more midquest. It's all about inventory management.

Regardless of our differing opinions, for anyone reading this the choice is really quite simple. They can pay 595 TP for 20 inventory slots for one existing character on one server, or 625 TP for an additional character slot, and make an extra playable character with up to 160 inventory slots, per server. I'm sure they can form their own opinion and make up their own minds as to which is the better option for them.

JeisonBlade
09-03-2012, 04:55 PM
I would def make getting more content the highest priority; as mentioned it makes earning points that much easier and faster. Our trend in my TR group has been that ever time we finish a life and TR, we've picked up enough points to buy a new pack, which makes the next life even more profitable. At this point most of us have all the content (few are missing the most recent stuff) and are pulling in 3000+ favor (750+ TP) per life, which now we can spend on the conviences like bank space and such.

That being said, if you have multiple active toons, a shared bank is awesome for passing BTA gear back and forth and helping to kit them all out. No regrets about buying mine before i collected all the content. Personal bank space should be last on your list IMHO.

sk3l3t0r
09-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Don't forget that right now you can get 250TP off any one item with code PCW250. And right now the shared bank is on sale. This might be the best time for you to get it if you have the points.

That coupon was a real nice treat!!!

I got my 5th character slot for 188 TP after discount and 250 TP coupon code. I didn't have the TP for the shared bank, but next TP sale I will get more and then wait out the next storage sale. They seem to come around about every 6 months.

EllisDee37
09-05-2012, 05:14 PM
3) Personal inventory, Wait to get favor with the Coin Lords, since the TP spaces are not in addition too?This is what I wanted to do, but personal inventory doesn't seem to be part of the current storage sale.