PDA

View Full Version : Raid currency

achitophel
08-29-2012, 03:37 AM
Hello,

We seem to have a problem on Sarlona... The raid scene is pretty dead, and that is because everyone has everything they need - or the grind for the 1 thing they want is too long.

I think that a construction type process for creating items based on raid currency would be a great way to get people running as many raids as they can. These could be awarded at the completion of each raid.

Take a regular item - it has perhaps 3 attributes to it, an enhancement a prefix and a suffix. Raid "blank" items could perhaps have 4 attributes. If we could get some kind of currency that we could use to trade to make our own kinds of items - such as how greensteel is now - then i think that it would re-invigorate the raid scene.

Take all the raid prefix and suffix, put a value on them (like Epic/Cannith already does) and then let people construct them how they wish - but with perhaps an extra part, or no restrictions on prefix and suffix. Every 20th you could get a special currency that could add one more attribute to a single raid item once.

I love DDO, and would like there to be more reasons to play it. MOTU made it great again for about 2 weeks, but now there is just nothing going on...

licho
08-29-2012, 03:42 AM
Lol i totally misunderstood the title, what i expected from currency:

On end reward from each raid always apears "Heroic Raid Token".

After you collect 50 of it, you can go to any raid questgiver and exchange it for any single drop.
The only limit is that you need to complete the raid at least once.

So yes you can run Titan for Torc or some Abbot stuff.

As for OP idea: imho the answear would be if they allow us to cannith craft triple enhancement things.

djl
08-29-2012, 10:41 AM
Lol i totally misunderstood the title, what i expected from currency:

On end reward from each raid always apears "Heroic Raid Token".

After you collect 50 of it, you can go to any raid questgiver and exchange it for any single drop.
The only limit is that you need to complete the raid at least once.

So yes you can run Titan for Torc or some Abbot stuff.

As for OP idea: imho the answear would be if they allow us to cannith craft triple enhancement things.

I like this idea, I think it would work out well provided that the Heroic Raid Tokens were Bound to Character. It would be especially nice if they included shards/seals in the trade-in window. From several raids, the base loot isn't nearly as difficult to obtain as some specific shards or seals.