PDA

View Full Version : Recieve Party Invitations the same as Join Requests

Kenpai
08-28-2012, 10:08 AM
Let's say you're soloing a quest on elite and everything's going smoothly. You're at the end fight when suddenly DING! xxxn00ber420xxx invites you to join their party, creating a pop-up window the size of Wisconsin blocking you of any hope to see what's going on anymore. But you've got some fast fingers and almost immediately decline and attempt to resume the fight when DING! xxxn00ber420xxx invites you to join their party. You rapidly recieve and decline party invitations until DING! You have died.
Oh, sure, you can just turn off party invitations, but whenever a friend wants you to join their party of 5 you'll just have to find where the @#$% the option is to turn party invitations back on, /tell your friend they can finally invite you, forget to turn invitations back off afterward, and end up back at square one.

OR, the party invitations could instead be displayed in party chat, identical to how leaders recieve their join requests in party chat. This would cause no obstruction in the player's main field of view (no obstructions in the player's main field of view is one of the most important things to have for most gamers) and no accidental joining of parties that NOBODY would like to be in.

Lithic
08-28-2012, 10:14 AM
Blind invite me once?

Shame on you.

Blind invite me twice?

I'll join your party, turn off voice chat, and continue doing whatever I was doing before. This will force you to shortman, or regroup to get rid of me once you realise that your (insert class, probably healer) is nowhere to be seen.

madmaxhunter
08-28-2012, 10:19 AM
I'll join your party, turn off voice chat, and continue doing whatever I was doing before. This will force you to shortman, or regroup to get rid of me once you realise that your (insert class, probably healer) is nowhere to be seen.

Love doing that.

OP: /signed, that would fix the problem.

Maybe they can make an even louder, more annoying chime for it?