PDA

View Full Version : Last Call for Eveningstar Challenge mats to BtA

janave
08-28-2012, 04:16 AM
The majority of the (forum) community (seemigly) agreed on many threads that its for the better (read: moar fun for us) yet we seen no change to it.

You really care to make thing more fun, heres your chance. You passed up GS decon for greeds, this one so far has no business impact for you, so let it happen.

Please and thank you.

it sux to beg for common sense.

SaIamander
08-28-2012, 05:39 AM
/signed

WielderofGigantus
08-28-2012, 05:59 AM
/signed

Chette
08-28-2012, 07:39 AM
The main reason that these materials should be BTA is that it promotes more flexible (and enjoyable) grouping.

The three challenge cloaks all serve different purposes, and all three require certain different ingredients. No divine or arcane caster wants to grind out 7000 copper thumbs that they will never use, just like no melee or ranged DPS character wants to help the casters grind out the items they need for their cloaks.

A mixed group of 6 guildies or friends should be able to make the rounds of these challenges to obtain materials, without wasting half their time getting ingredients they will never use. Instead groups of six rogues and rangers are running the same quest over and over, or worse, groups of six tanks.

MrElusiveness
08-28-2012, 07:49 AM
The majority of the (forum) community (seemigly) agreed on many threads that its for the better (read: moar fun for us) yet we seen no change to it.

You really care to make thing more fun, heres your chance. You passed up GS decon for greeds, this one so far has no business impact for you, so let it happen.

Please and thank you.

it sux to beg for common sense.

no doubt, bound to char is stupid since most of us run more than 1 char and who wants to rerun all those low exp challenges when they could have transefred unused ingred from another toon. make it all bta. why should eve star be any diffrent than house c? it would still be worthless for exp

tikwid
08-28-2012, 08:37 AM
/signed

Certon
08-28-2012, 10:49 AM
/signed 1000% over.

Vordax
08-28-2012, 10:56 AM
/signed

I suspect that this was done to avoid the people that do the challenges with only the free once a day tokens. With Cannith challenges, someone with 8 characters could run a challenge 8 times a day for free and combine ingredients to make an item. With the Eveningstar challenges, if you want an item in a reasonable amount of time you will want to buy the pack.

Eighnuss
08-28-2012, 11:26 AM
everything that binds, should bind to account

redspecter23
08-28-2012, 11:41 AM
I understand why some things need to be BtC. I get it. What I don't get is why Eveningstar challenge ingredients NEED to be BtC to be balanced. I want to think there was some internal discussion on the matter at Turbine and SOME reason was thrown around for why the mats have to be BtC. If there is no reason, then make them BtA. If there is a reason, tell us please. That should be a very simple compromise that would make everyone happy. BtC is something that should be used sparingly on anything that isn't raid loot related. Any non raid items should have a very clear reason why they are BtC, otherwise they should be BtA or unbound.

PS: Doing it for the sake of doing it is not a valid reason. A compelling game balance explanation is needed.

Talias006
08-28-2012, 02:34 PM
I see these things come up, and wonder why they didn't use the new way of how they have some *interesting* weapons/armors Bind-to-Character-on-Equip.

You get something on your healer because a group needed one more than your caster/tank/trapper, so you send the item(s) to them when you're done, (or pop them into a shared bank) and retrieve them on the appropriate class at a later date.

Vordax
08-28-2012, 03:22 PM
I understand why some things need to be BtC. I get it. What I don't get is why Eveningstar challenge ingredients NEED to be BtC to be balanced. I want to think there was some internal discussion on the matter at Turbine and SOME reason was thrown around for why the mats have to be BtC. If there is no reason, then make them BtA. If there is a reason, tell us please. That should be a very simple compromise that would make everyone happy. BtC is something that should be used sparingly on anything that isn't raid loot related. Any non raid items should have a very clear reason why they are BtC, otherwise they should be BtA or unbound.

PS: Doing it for the sake of doing it is not a valid reason. A compelling game balance explanation is needed.

I am sure its a $$$ thing, see my previous post. Maybe what they could do is make the ingredients BTA if you buy the challenge pack and BTC if your just running on the freebie tokens?

locus
10-04-2012, 12:47 AM
I am sure its a $$$ thing, see my previous post. Maybe what they could do is make the ingredients BTA if you buy the challenge pack and BTC if your just running on the freebie tokens?

This. Must be programmable somehow. I own the pack but don't want to farm anything BtC at all :/

danzig138
10-30-2012, 09:26 AM
Late to the party but

/signed

Zzevel
10-30-2012, 09:44 AM
/signed

RabidApathy
10-30-2012, 09:57 AM
/signed

If this is what is needed to placate the Suits, then I'll /sign this too.

Silverhilt-2
10-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Ill sign this too!