PDA

View Full Version : in game polls

V_mad_jester_V
08-26-2012, 07:47 PM
So i think the best way to get more people involved with ddo is by setting in game polls. It will be accessed via my ddo and will have a simpler quest such as

should heal get nerfed
yes
no

the ideas for the polls is easy to come across, devs can ask the questions themselves to get a feel for what that majority wants, or they can take forum post and make it into a poll such as

Should we add player owned houses to ddo
yes
no

The forums is a vocal minority with a good bit of people who read but dont post. This will allow more players to speak their minds and have a chance to show you what is and isnt wanted. We as forum members would spread the word (for its our duty) if such a system is implemented.

Now to posters, i know what your going to say

"/not signed cuz of lag" but that is the price you pay to actually get your voices heard. I will take a little bit of lag to have a voting system and so that the majority gets to speak out, rather than us, the forum minority.

lets say there are 1000 people poster here, but there are 10,000 people in the game
300/1000 agree on a new idea on the forums
but
7000/10,0000 agree on the in game polls, who just won that debate? The majority.

Rian
08-26-2012, 11:09 PM
should heal get nerfed
yes
no

Heal still got nerfed.

Forum voices are loud.
I can hear you guys arguing with my computer turned off, either that or I'm just plain crazy.

Sometimes loud voices just fall on deaf walls.

V_mad_jester_V
08-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Heal still got nerfed.

Forum voices are loud.
I can hear you guys arguing with my computer turned off, either that or I'm just plain crazy.

Sometimes loud voices just fall on deaf walls.

yeah but we are still a minorty of the games population that post on the forums. what speaks louder, 100 people standing together on an issue or 10000 people standing together on an issue?

arkonas
08-27-2012, 10:49 AM
even though i love this idea. people still dont even use myddo. i dont want to see it impact gameplay either. like i could mention oh i wont this in the ddo lottery in a raid group. i might have 10 people chime in? there is a lottery? now if they were to advertise it through login screen and myddo. we might have something to work with. Still a lot of people won't do it.

But if you look at the polls that were done last few weeks. that is something to work with.