PDA

View Full Version : How to become Ranger Tempest

Brian12
08-25-2012, 08:06 PM
Hi I'm trying to become a tempest. I'm level 6 and have reset all my enhancments trying to get the enhancements I need. but I don't see doge, mobility, and others. Does anyone have a list of enhancements I have to take to get to Tempest. Thanks

t0r012
08-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Dodge and mobility are feats and not enhancements

voxson5
08-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Dodge, mobility and spring attack are all feats (chosen at level 1,3,6,9 etc).

If you haven't taken all 3, you will need to wait until you do in order to take tempest.

It's kinda counter intuitive as everyone (should) suggest that you take toughness early, which will push tempest back.

FrozenNova
08-25-2012, 08:29 PM
It's kinda counter intuitive as everyone (should) suggest that you take toughness early,

...Why?

PolarisNC
08-25-2012, 08:49 PM
...Why?
More hp, which is always good. With racial toughness enhancements, you could have almost 30 extra hp at level 6. That can make a big difference to a low level character. More than you can get from a Lesser False Life item, anyway.

Toughness early on is less of a big deal for rangers than it is for fighters or barbarians, because you don't have class-based toughness enhancements. Anyway, unless you're human, you can't get it early and still have Tempest I at level 6.

If you didn't take the required feats (Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack), to get Tempest, you only have a couple of options at this point. You could take the missing feats as you level up, but depending on how many you're missing you might not get Tempest until level 15. You could use a feat swap or Lesser Reincarnation, but multiple swaps or an LR for a low level character seem like a waste to me. Your best bet might be to start over with a new character. If you'd like a guide, I tend to follow this one (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2800940&postcount=16) from the Revisiting Paths thread.

Good Luck!

Pape_27
08-25-2012, 09:04 PM
check out the wiki. the wiki lays it all out so you can see what feats and enhancements you need in order to qualify for each tier of Tempest.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Tempest_enhancements

_

unbongwah
08-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Dodge, Mobility, and Spring Atk are feats, not enhs; if you didn't take them while leveling, you won't be offered Tempest PrE. Depending on what feats you did take, you could either (A) use your free LR to redo your level-ups so you can take all three feats, (B) use Fred to do some feat swappage, or (C) continue leveling w/out Tempest and take those pre-req feats at later levels so you can add Tempest later.

Sarzor
08-27-2012, 01:13 PM
Also a useful note is that you can look at enhancements you don't qualify for. If you have over the enhancement, it will tell you prerequisites. In this case it would tell you what feats you need, as well as what enhancements or amount of AP you need to spend in order to feat it.

This is really helpful for prestige enhancements since there is often a great deal required for them.

You can also talk to Fred (a mindflayer in house Jorasco) to change around feats. You can earn a free feat change in the marketplace by talking to the woman near the auctioneer (don't remember her name). Unfortunately after that first free feat change, it can be expensive quickly to change around feats with Fred. The price goes up as you level.

Hope that helps!

Enguebert
08-28-2012, 01:00 AM
Every character that was created before U14 get also a free LR

So if your char is old and you don't have used it yet, you can use it to correct your build

Now as a tempest ranger, i would advise to take Dodge/Mobility/Spring Attack at level 1/3/6 so you can go directly into Tempest enhancement

Toughness is not very useful at low level, monsters that can do huge damage in small time are rare.
(And most come from spell like lighting, ...) so you can have the buff to avoid most of the damage

I feel the need to have more hp around level 10 and i took Toughness feat (+2 enhancements) at level 12
(and just after, i found a +4 con item and a ring of improved false life, so nearly doubling my hp)