PDA

View Full Version : Someone in the chest for you

shawnvw
08-25-2012, 12:48 AM
Oops -- that should be "SomeTHING in the chest for you"

Your team has scored a chest. You take your stuff and move off. You're halfway to the next encounter when a party member says "Shawn, I left an item in the chest for you." So do you run back and use up time, or just blow off the loot and keep going?

It's just as bad when you're the donor. You have to send a tell or speak over your mike, and there's often too much going on for that to be convenient.

Can't we have some kind of pop-up notification that says "A party member has assigned a chest item to you"? Putting it in the chat wouldn't be good, because with all the "___ got a ____ from the chest" notices scrolling by, it would be easy to miss.

Jay203
08-25-2012, 12:55 AM
couldn't you just pick the item up and trade it to the person...?
if you saw the person running way off and you think it's going to be a hassle for them to come running back, just pick it up and trade it to them

unless the item is bound on acquire, really don't see a reason to add something that'll further spam our window with messages

just my opinion

janave
08-25-2012, 12:55 AM
excellent one,
/signed hardpressd

I pass all loot that id vendorize on my monk, and its really annoying to send tells each time :).

Ilindith
08-25-2012, 01:02 AM
I have never looted someone in a chest. Who would want to sit in a chest anyway? Not very comfortable with all the weapons in there...

shawnvw
08-25-2012, 02:02 AM
couldn't you just pick the item up and trade it to the person...?
if you saw the person running way off and you think it's going to be a hassle for them to come running back, just pick it up and trade it to them

That's even harder. Assuming I have space in my pack (never a safe assumption in my case), my teammates never stand still. By the time I've clicked the "Trade" button, they're out of range.

unless the item is bound on acquire

Well, yeah. That happens a lot. Haven't you ever seen a list of unique, bound items in the game?

In fact, the bound items make my idea even more important. If you get the Docent of Shadow and it's perfect for your group's only Warforged, or you get the Quivering Quiver that your group's ranger has always wanted, wouldn't it be a shame for it to go to waste because of communication snafu?

Jay203
08-25-2012, 11:53 AM
That's even harder. Assuming I have space in my pack (never a safe assumption in my case), my teammates never stand still. By the time I've clicked the "Trade" button, they're out of range.

Well, yeah. That happens a lot. Haven't you ever seen a list of unique, bound items in the game?

In fact, the bound items make my idea even more important. If you get the Docent of Shadow and it's perfect for your group's only Warforged, or you get the Quivering Quiver that your group's ranger has always wanted, wouldn't it be a shame for it to go to waste because of communication snafu?

granted i see your point, but i think the communication could use some work too ;);););)

i'm just not a fan on the intrusive popups, they get really annoying
especially if some jerk can just pass you junk like spell components just to **** you off

FranOhmsford
08-25-2012, 11:56 AM

/Signed

I can't see a downside to this.

thwart
08-25-2012, 11:57 AM
Oops -- that should be "SomeTHING in the chest for you"

Your team has scored a chest. You take your stuff and move off. You're halfway to the next encounter when a party member says "Shawn, I left an item in the chest for you." So do you run back and use up time, or just blow off the loot and keep going?

It's just as bad when you're the donor. You have to send a tell or speak over your mike, and there's often too much going on for that to be convenient.

Can't we have some kind of pop-up notification that says "A party member has assigned a chest item to you"? Putting it in the chat wouldn't be good, because with all the "___ got a ____ from the chest" notices scrolling by, it would be easy to miss.

I would say, "Dude my name ain't Shawn."

MartinusWyllt
08-25-2012, 12:01 PM
Better get permission to loot someone's chest before someone can call sexual harassment.

ZeebaNeighba
08-25-2012, 12:12 PM
granted i see your point, but i think the communication could use some work too ;);););)

especially if some jerk can just pass you junk like spell components just to **** you offMaybe it can say what is passed then? So people don't go running back for spell components.

Ayyelos
08-25-2012, 01:00 PM
especially if some jerk can just pass you junk like spell components just to **** you off

Maybe it can say what is passed then? So people don't go running back for spell components.

I think what jay is saying is that someone could pester someone else w/ a bunch of notifications, and that would be annoying.

Kind of like when people start spam sharing quests to make all those popups appear (hoping someone will auto run off bridge or something), which is annoying. Granted, for a chest, we're talking 4-6 little popups which isn't that terrible, but I can see how it could get obnoxious.

shawnvw
08-25-2012, 01:13 PM
I think what jay is saying is that someone could pester someone else w/ a bunch of notifications, and that would be annoying.

Kind of like when people start spam sharing quests to make all those popups appear (hoping someone will auto run off bridge or something), which is annoying. Granted, for a chest, we're talking 4-6 little popups which isn't that terrible, but I can see how it could get obnoxious.

How about a setting where the notification can appear in chat, as a popup, or both? And yes, having the notify say what the item is would be smart.

Jay203
08-25-2012, 02:37 PM

bingo~
not sure how many ppl remember the fiasco we had with the ppl griefing others by sending random invites to people while they're in quests which results in death due to having to respond to the popup before you can really do anything
good thing that was fixed, but the popup is still annoying =\

shawnvw
08-26-2012, 02:55 AM
I would say, "Dude my name ain't Shawn."

I tried that. They don't believe me.

deadmanet
08-26-2012, 03:58 AM
I have never looted someone in a chest. Who would want to sit in a chest anyway? Not very comfortable with all the weapons in there...

I looted a cleric once!

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p91/deadmanet/ScreenShot00032.jpg

On topic though, I don't really see the need for this. Like most have said, it will just be another annoying popup/message that will either be ignored, or abused. Maybe it's just me, but I don't really have much of an issue letting someone know I left something for them. Then at that point, it's up to them if they want to go back for it.
Or, try this one, ask said person if they want it before assigning it to them. If they want it, then they'll stay/come back for it. If not, you either leave it, or loot it to vendor later.

FestusHood
08-26-2012, 05:59 AM
Personally i don't pass things to people without asking them if they want it first. I'm pretty sure you can link it in chat while it's still in the chest, and if it's useful i imagine they would come back for it. How far could they really have gotten?