PDA

View Full Version : Summon Monster Hotbar?

Nite_Prowler
08-24-2012, 05:29 AM
Well maybe not an actual hotbar, no need in that much control.

How about the ability to summon them in defense or attack mode?

V_mad_jester_V
08-24-2012, 04:24 PM
no i think i hotbar would be fine. You summoned them, you are their lord and master, ergo you should be able to control them. This would make summons slightly more viable for quest rather than the typical "no summons" rule that most group leaders put out. I hate doing rainbow in the dark when my lantern decides to run away to fight and im left in the dark.

Nite_Prowler
09-01-2012, 03:23 AM
Im actually neutral on the hotbar.

I just want to be able to keep the damned things from running off leaving me all exposed in my silk dress

justhavinfun
09-01-2012, 03:47 AM
Good luck on this one. People have been asking for this for years. We have also been asking for the ability to dismiss summons when we want. You would think that this would be easy to implement since you have a hot bar for hirelings and pets. You can also tell your hirelings and pets to go away whenever they get too annoying.

Imo the only good summons spell is the Arti's Flame Turret. It stays put and soes not run off and aggro every mob in a 50 mile radius. It also tends to do a real good job as a tank. This is the only summons that does what you want it to when you want it to.

Silverwren
09-04-2012, 11:11 AM
no i think i hotbar would be fine. You summoned them, you are their lord and master, ergo you should be able to control them. This would make summons slightly more viable for quest rather than the typical "no summons" rule that most group leaders put out. I hate doing rainbow in the dark when my lantern decides to run away to fight and im left in the dark.

We have also been asking for the ability to dismiss summons when we want. You would think that this would be easy to implement since you have a hot bar for hirelings and pets. You can also tell your hirelings and pets to go away whenever they get too annoying.

These.

It's long overdue. Nothing is more annoying, for example, then a left over summons from Shroud Part2 stepping all over the puzzle in Part 3, and there's nothing you can do about it. Having the ability to make him go sit quietly in a corner while you solve the puzzle would be tremendous! ***

***(Example is for illustrative purposes only and is not meant to be taken literally. Side effects may include ranting and raving about summoning pets in Part 2 of the Shroud, nausea, bleeding from the eyes, finger cramps, loss of finger nails or confusion. See your doctor if these symptoms persist past twelve posts or one 24 hour period, whichever comes first.)

donfilibuster
09-04-2012, 03:07 PM
/signed to all of summon hotbar, stand button and dismiss button.

Scraap
09-04-2012, 03:11 PM
I'd settle for stand/attack target/dismiss.

Alrik_Fassbauer
09-04-2012, 03:28 PM
/signed , too. I think Wizards have an enhancement ? or a sopell ? which can "unsummon", too. But I'm not quite sure right now, if I remember this correctly ...

I was actually a bit surprised that not all spell-casters get this ... Even if they are able to summon something ...

http://ddowiki.com/page/Dismissal
http://ddowiki.com/page/Wizard_enhancements There under "combat enhancements".

jcTharin
09-04-2012, 03:35 PM
I keep summon monster 1 on my cleric at all times. It's my un-summon button. It works for me.

jcTharin
09-04-2012, 03:36 PM
/signed , too. I think Wizards have an enhancement ? or a sopell ? which can "unsummon", too. But I'm not quite sure right now, if I remember this correctly ...

I was actually a bit surprised that not all spell-casters get this ... Even if they are able to summon something ...

http://ddowiki.com/page/Dismissal
http://ddowiki.com/page/Wizard_enhancements There under "combat enhancements".

I'm pretty sure you can't use that on your own summon.

Alrik_Fassbauer
09-04-2012, 03:56 PM
LOL, a summoned monster unsummons its summoner ? :D

(Sorry, I must've been misunderstanding something. ;)

shawnvw
09-05-2012, 01:24 AM
LOL, a summoned monster unsummons its summoner ? :D

(Sorry, I must've been misunderstanding something. ;)

I think he's saying that he casts Summon Monster I, which automatically dismisses the higher-level summoned beast he had been using. This new monster is so ineffectual it probably cannot draw aggro.

kilagan800
09-05-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm 100% for a dismiss summons button.