PDA

View Full Version : Question about Combat Stances and Stunning Blow

Daemoneyes
08-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Hi there

Stances
after reading that stances stack and reading that the dont stack i feel like with lots of other ddo stuff. namely very unsure.. i hate this kind of double information.
so do stances stack?
my main interest is in Power Attack & Precision,
but would also like to know about ranged stances for my mechanic.
Archers Focus & Improved Precise Shot & Precision, can i have them all active the same time?

Stunning Blow
What DC is nessecary for eHard?
40+ like deathspells?

djl
08-23-2012, 04:12 PM
You'll want 50+ for eHard to succeed most of the time. With a DC of around 55, you'll succeed much more than you fail.

For Epic Elite, you'll want as high as you can get. Mobs still seem to save at least half the time even with a DC above 60.

bbqzor
08-23-2012, 04:52 PM
On stances, I do not believe Power Attack and Precision work at the same time, but I am not certain. Maybe someone else will know for sure.

For ranged, Precise Shot is passive not a stance. Archers Focus and Improved Precise Shot are both stances, and are exclusive (ie only one at a time).

For Stun DC, agree to previous poster, 55ish is solid for eHard. 50 can work, but if its a mainstay ability (like for a monk relying on it, vs say a barb who may just have it around) you'll want 55ish. Remember that "of Stunning" can add 10, and "of Combat Mastery" can add up to 6 now with the cloak (or up to 5 in several other places if cloak doesn't work for you)... having both of those makes a large difference.

Hope that helps, GL.

Daemoneyes
08-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Thanks djl and bbqzor

well that means i can kick stunning blow on my rogue, oh well wouldnt have fit anyway ^^

sucks that those stances are exclusive :/