PDA

View Full Version : Epics in all houses

HungarianRhapsody
08-20-2012, 09:40 PM
House P has Epic quests.
House D has Epic quests.
House K has Epic quests.
Even house C has Epics with the two raids.

We need an epic chain for House J.

Time for an upgrade to Delera's Tomb.

dodger72
08-20-2012, 09:54 PM
I like it....

/signed

zarthak
08-20-2012, 10:01 PM
/signed

D'arc_Tangent
08-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Delera's isn't a bad idea.

I really would like to finally see an epic Tempest's Spine.

Sor'jek Incanni has been living on easy street too long launching careless adventurers off the mountain in his own personal version of the Home Run Derby.

CaptainSpacePony
08-20-2012, 10:54 PM

I like the sound of that! That would be a monster or a raid, and F2P at that! It would be easy to fill as a PUG due to the F2P nature and the bazillion chests.

I love the raid already, other than it's too easy (IM power gaming O).

Epic Fire and Ice would be... interesting!

FranOhmsford
08-20-2012, 11:10 PM
Epic Delera's - Booooooring!

Seriously WHY?

Yay - Epic Skelly Archers!

Epic Tempest Spine - Heck yes

Epic Redwillow's - Would be Great

Epic Haunted Library / The Keeper's Sanctuary - As close to Epic Delera's as I ever want to see - Would probably be a very good choice to Epic thinking about it.

OK - I'd also consider From Beyond the Grave worth Epicing and possibly And the Dead Shall Rise.

Just Not Delera's Tomb Please.

Carkolda
08-20-2012, 11:18 PM
Three Words: Epic Xorian Cypher. BAM!

countfitz
08-20-2012, 11:32 PM
/signed

Epic Carnifex time. I'd like to see it as such:

eSoS, with Cold Iron or Silver instead of Adamantine. Simple as that. You'd have an EQUIVALENT (but not overpowered, just equal to) choice in the matter. Maybe slightly easier to farm...

Plus the other stuff would be cool,

Plus, give clerics a real place to shine in epics!

Turning is working pretty well now... endless turns... it would be epic.

In the cool sense of the word.

FranOhmsford
08-20-2012, 11:32 PM
Three Words: Epic Xorian Cypher. BAM!

D@rn - How the Heck did I forget Xorian?

Add Dreams of Insanity to that though eh?

FranOhmsford
08-20-2012, 11:34 PM
/signed

Epic Carnifex time. I'd like to see it as such:

eSoS, with Cold Iron or Silver instead of Adamantine. Simple as that. You'd have an EQUIVALENT (but not overpowered, just equal to) choice in the matter. Maybe slightly easier to farm...

Plus the other stuff would be cool,

Plus, give clerics a real place to shine in epics!

Turning is working pretty well now... endless turns... it would be epic.

In the cool sense of the word.

The Devs could easily put the Seal/Shard/Scroll of Carnifex into And the Dead Shall Rise/From Beyond the Grave and Epic these quests rather than the repetitive Delera's Tomb.

Uska
08-21-2012, 01:19 AM
Sounds good to me.

Khalesh
08-21-2012, 01:36 AM
Interesting ideas

/signed

Though im guessing the future is in Forgotten Realms and not Eberron - so im expecting new stuff in FR and not revamped old stuff in future mods!

Truga
08-21-2012, 02:09 AM
The Devs could easily put the Seal/Shard/Scroll of Carnifex into And the Dead Shall Rise/From Beyond the Grave and Epic these quests rather than the repetitive Delera's Tomb.

Yes, indeed. Delera's chain is ok at levels 5-7. I don't see it being a fun chain on epic, though. Dead shall rise, on the other hand.. Yes, please. Also Cypher, Dreams, Spine.

Truga
08-21-2012, 02:10 AM
Though im guessing the future is in Forgotten Realms and not Eberron - so im expecting new stuff in FR and not revamped old stuff in future mods!

A lot of us (DDOers that is) actually want more Eberron stuff. Where's the Truthful One, for example? :<

Uska
08-21-2012, 02:22 AM
Interesting ideas

/signed

Sorrry bud I loathe the better they were forgotten realms and I am in high hopes of more eberron or dare I hope greyhawk stuff. While I do play the new stuff I totaly ignore the story line as I have no interest in eliminster or drizzle

Havok.cry
08-21-2012, 02:37 AM
Sorrry bud I loathe the better they were forgotten realms and I am in high hopes of more eberron or dare I hope greyhawk stuff. While I do play the new stuff I totaly ignore the story line as I have no interest in eliminster or drizzle
It's not much of a story line, and lolth is possibly the most pathetic choice for a deity combatant anyway, so you aren't missing anything. Eberron is a thousand times more interesting. There is a reason the forgotten realms were forgotten.

dterror
08-21-2012, 11:25 AM
I'd like to see all singleton quests get an epic makeover. No new epic gear, no scrolls/seals/shards, just a fun epic level run and maybe fragments.

Epic Misery's Peak, anyone?

Jay203
08-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Epic Misery's Peak, anyone?

ew... just... eww

dterror
08-21-2012, 11:37 AM
ew... just... eww

Oooh, even better yet! Epic The Pit !!

Jay203
08-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Oooh, even better yet! Epic The Pit !!

ppl are still going to run it the similar way, invis through most of the quest
and if you give everything see invisibility, then that quest just becomes way too annoying to bother

infinite spawns is never fun in a quest that requires loads of backtracking

Schmoe
08-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Xorian Cipher
Redwillow's Ruins
Tempest Spine
Mirra's Sleepless Nights
Enemy Within

Heck yeah! Those are some great quests. Add in Dead Predators for an ultra-fast epic XP run, and I'm sold.

Havok.cry
08-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Since when did the pit have respawns through areas you need to back track through?

Saravis
08-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Epic Delera's would be cool
/signed

and also:
Epic Voice of the Master
I'm thinking,
Epic Luck: +3 Luck Bonus to Saves and Skills
Epic Inspiration: 10% (or 15) XP Bonus
and maybe some other stuff, like augments and such.

Carkolda
08-21-2012, 02:32 PM
I've never invisi'd through Pit. 28 minute run is my best.

Ainblizkap
08-22-2012, 12:09 PM

I want this!!!! It's an awesome, complete and fun raid. I can already hear the *DING* from people dying in fire and ice... :D

/signed for sure

dterror
08-22-2012, 01:25 PM
I've never invisi'd through Pit. 28 minute run is my best.

Ditto for me, with a completion somewhere around this as well when solo. Best in a group was 10 mins elite at level, and noone used invis. My suggestion of epic pit was a serious one too. I would be first in line to run that even if there were no epic gear available, just exp and frags.

QuantumFX
08-22-2012, 04:57 PM
I would be first in line to run that even if there were no epic gear available, just exp and frags.

There is no epic version of the Pit without Epic Muckdoom. (Muck DOOOOooooooooo00000000ommmmm!1000101)

V_mad_jester_V
08-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Since when did the pit have respawns through areas you need to back track through?

i live in the pit at low levels and the answer to that is never ^,^ i know your being sarcastic and making a point. but i would actually like to see an epic pit, it would be orsome. Its a very simple and easy quest once you learn the tunnels and thats easy to learn stare at the ddo wiki for a small bit of time and boom you will know the quest. Really simply layout only complicated when you want to make it complicated.

Also I think they will focus more on FR I hope they add more realms, especially since their bringing the deities into the works. So they can tear more holes in the universe which i hope will bring more epic content, and most likely higher level cap.

Also epic voice of the master would be rather nice from deleras.
How bout make the lordsmarch chain epic?

byzantinebob
08-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Not until I get Epic Coyle!!!

TekkenDevil
08-23-2012, 08:42 AM
House J needs everything. It's the only House that didn't receive a visual makeover yet, and overall feels pretty bare bones.

dterror
08-23-2012, 09:40 AM
Also I think they will focus more on FR I hope they add more realms, especially since their bringing the deities into the works. So they can tear more holes in the universe which i hope will bring more epic content, and most likely higher level cap.

I would love to see them add Sigil (I think that's the name) from Planescape...especially if the way portals and whatnot work in the PnP version do the same in game.

Alaunra2010
08-23-2012, 10:10 AM
Every single quest for every pack in the game should have an epic.

Rather than putting out something that is completely polished from the start, and receiving criticism for things that are broken, embrace your inner lemon! Release stuff with the disclaimer that it is a work in progress! Will people pay for it? HECK YEAH people will pay for it... if it's at a discount!

I'm splitting these concepts up into development and revenue objectives.

On the development side:

Pass 1:

A linear, un-analyzed CR bump to Epic for every quest with no epic levels. Yes. Every single one.
Don't worry about anything else - loot, epic drops... nothing. And proclaim far and wide that those things are not included in this phase.
Make sure there's XP to gain from it, because we'll take that if nothing else.
Make a new beta access forum section for each category of epic pack.
Let us figure out what's broken about each one's CR balance, because that can be pretty fun if that's the stated objective. Kind of like an easter egg hunt, but where every easter egg is, you know, broken.

Pass 2:

CR rebalance for each epic pack, based on user feedback.
Bring in token fragments
Bring in properly-scaled chests
Continue to accept tweaks and rebalance criticism from users

Pass 3:

Final CR rebalance for each epic pack, based on user feedback.
Introduce epic versions of all named loot related to these packs.

On the revenue side:

Pass 1:

Proclaim far and wide that this is a LIVE BETA, and that there will be deep discounts for early adopters.
Package epics into adventure packs like Phiarlan and Deneith packs
Reward early adopters with an 80% discount on the final price for each epic pack. (Free to VIPs of course)

Pass 2:

Reduce the discount to 40%

Pass 3:

Eliminate the discount

Benefits of doing this:

Users are always leveraged as beta testers for content that gets released too early. Releasing phase 1 allows players to embrace that reality with a financial incentive for doing so, rather than complaining about it all the time.

For adventure packs that have bugs, you get to leverage epic pack development as a way to capitalize your bugfixes.

In the span of one month, you can nearly double the footprint of purchasable modules for the game.

You make the entire game re-playable (and re-purchasable) with near-zero investment in art resources.

--Alaunra

LOOON375
08-23-2012, 10:18 AM
I would love an Epic Gwylan's stand!

Gremmlynn
08-23-2012, 03:08 PM
I doubt we'll ever see another heroic quest epicized. Really they were always just placeholders until real end game content and concepts could be developed. It just doesn't make sense to make more jury rigged epic content for packs that, to a large degree, already have been sold (or are free to play) when that time could be spent making new, unsold, content designed to be at that level.

Cyr
08-23-2012, 03:22 PM
I doubt we'll ever see another heroic quest epicized. Really they were always just placeholders until real end game content and concepts could be developed. It just doesn't make sense to make more jury rigged epic content for packs that, to a large degree, already have been sold (or are free to play) when that time could be spent making new, unsold, content designed to be at that level.

They do it because it is massively less time consuming then creating all new content.

It is the same reason why maps are re-used and animations are re-used.

dterror
08-23-2012, 03:23 PM

The only heroics that were ever 'epicized' are Sands and VoN. All the others were released with the epic option active on release day, and thus were theoretically designed for both heroic and epic.

FranOhmsford
08-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Every single quest for every pack in the game should have an epic.

Rather than putting out something that is completely polished from the start, and receiving criticism for things that are broken, embrace your inner lemon! Release stuff with the disclaimer that it is a work in progress! Will people pay for it? HECK YEAH people will pay for it... if it's at a discount!

I'm splitting these concepts up into development and revenue objectives.

On the development side:

Pass 1:

A linear, un-analyzed CR bump to Epic for every quest with no epic levels. Yes. Every single one.
Don't worry about anything else - loot, epic drops... nothing. And proclaim far and wide that those things are not included in this phase.
Make sure there's XP to gain from it, because we'll take that if nothing else.
Make a new beta access forum section for each category of epic pack.
Let us figure out what's broken about each one's CR balance, because that can be pretty fun if that's the stated objective. Kind of like an easter egg hunt, but where every easter egg is, you know, broken.

Pass 2:

CR rebalance for each epic pack, based on user feedback.
Bring in token fragments
Bring in properly-scaled chests
Continue to accept tweaks and rebalance criticism from users

Pass 3:

Final CR rebalance for each epic pack, based on user feedback.
Introduce epic versions of all named loot related to these packs.

On the revenue side:

Pass 1:

Proclaim far and wide that this is a LIVE BETA, and that there will be deep discounts for early adopters.
Package epics into adventure packs like Phiarlan and Deneith packs
Reward early adopters with an 80% discount on the final price for each epic pack. (Free to VIPs of course)

Pass 2:

Reduce the discount to 40%

Pass 3:

Eliminate the discount

Benefits of doing this:

Users are always leveraged as beta testers for content that gets released too early. Releasing phase 1 allows players to embrace that reality with a financial incentive for doing so, rather than complaining about it all the time.

For adventure packs that have bugs, you get to leverage epic pack development as a way to capitalize your bugfixes.

In the span of one month, you can nearly double the footprint of purchasable modules for the game.

You make the entire game re-playable (and re-purchasable) with near-zero investment in art resources.

--Alaunra

/Signed

Fantastic suggestion!

goodoldxelos
08-23-2012, 06:34 PM
There is much more potential of turning necro 1-4 and abbot into epic instead of deleras.

danotmano1998
08-23-2012, 06:47 PM
<SNIP>
--Alaunra

This is a great post, truly worthy of a +1.