PDA

View Full Version : UMD Lag

skullzz
08-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Now for years I have had the humdrum recalcute lag. To the point that I end up respeccing it out of my none self suffient characters.

There is a thread in general discussion stating this.

As what I have is a suggestion to fix this. This is the right area.

Change the skill to only check when you try to equip an item with humdrum on it. Once the item is on if your humdrum drops to low it doesn't come off any way.
This will fix most of the lag a lot of people have.

Silverwren
08-20-2012, 04:57 PM
I'm almost afraid to ask:

What's a humdrum? :confused:

Krelar
08-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Relevant quote from another thread. (Although it's unclear if this will be a fix to ALL UMD lag or just this one instance)

While the "fair weather friend" bonus of Glitter is intended, the colleteral damage caused by UMD recalc lag is not. We'll work something up to circumvent that.

Breca

skullzz
08-22-2012, 07:55 PM
Silver stupid autocowreck changed umd

Krelar I remember that. This is just a sugesyion for them to look into.

But what ever they do for it that may decrease the lag from it would make me happy.

noinfo
08-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Relevant quote from another thread. (Although it's unclear if this will be a fix to ALL UMD lag or just this one instance)

They have had plenty of time to do this for years since the original change.

noinfo
08-22-2012, 08:33 PM
Now for years I have had the humdrum recalcute lag. To the point that I end up respeccing it out of my none self suffient characters.

There is a thread in general discussion stating this.

As what I have is a suggestion to fix this. This is the right area.

Change the skill to only check when you try to equip an item with humdrum on it. Once the item is on if your humdrum drops to low it doesn't come off any way.
This will fix most of the lag a lot of people have.

I suggested the same thing in the current thread. The small advantage gained by those who swap in umd gear and then swap it out after equiping racial/align items is minimal compared to the damage done by UMD lag. This is really the only reason they introduced the current system anyway and while the intentions were good the results aren't.

Silverwren
08-23-2012, 09:20 AM
The question still remains:

Gram
08-23-2012, 11:53 AM

Smartphone autocorrect for 'umd' being neither smart nor correct.

BOgre
08-23-2012, 11:56 AM

hUMDrum

Mathermune
08-23-2012, 12:02 PM
Protip, if some dies to lag, don't ask "why UMaD bro?"

Did not calm down the guy who was ROFLAGstomped into a fine paste.

Not. One. Bit.

Silverwren
08-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Smartphone autocorrect for 'umd' being neither smart nor correct.

If this is what 'humdrum' means it's no wonder I don't know it. I don't own a smartphone.

hUMDrum

If this is what 'humdrum' means, it's just the lousiest acronym I've ever seen :eek:.

BOgre
08-23-2012, 08:29 PM
No, you're missing it. humdrum is a real word that means bland, boring. UMD is not a real word, but when typed into a smartphone, the phone doesn't recognize it, and autocorrects it to humdrum. There's no other relationship between umd and humdrum, and the OP did not intend to write humdrum. capiche?

Silverwren
08-24-2012, 08:58 AM
No, you're missing it. humdrum is a real word that means bland, boring. UMD is not a real word, but when typed into a smartphone, the phone doesn't recognize it, and autocorrects it to humdrum. There's no other relationship between umd and humdrum, and the OP did not intend to write humdrum. capiche?

OH! Yes, I get it now. Sorry, I don't own a smart phone so I'm not aware of this condition.

Doesn't the pharmacy sell a powder to cure this? ;)

skullzz
08-24-2012, 10:48 AM
Thanks Bogre

and noinfo could u provide the link to your thread?

noinfo
08-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Thanks Bogre

and noinfo could u provide the link to your thread?

Wasn't my thread it was the one with the umd death from bards going below 10%