PDA

View Full Version : MyDDO - Start again!

FranOhmsford
08-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Come on - This has been going on for so long now - MyDDO is simply unworkable as is.

SUGGESTION
------------

Take it down!

Start Afresh!

Every time a character is logged onto DDO whether new or old it will be added to the new MyDDO!

Building up a complete picture over time.

If a Player wishes to opt out of MyDDO - Let them - Give an option in the UI Options to Opt In or Out:
Opt Out will keep them Private - Character will still be marked active BUT unseeable by others!

Silverwren
08-20-2012, 01:47 PM
But.......it's BETA.

It's already at the beginning. ;)

FranOhmsford
08-20-2012, 01:48 PM
But.......it's BETA.

It's already at the beginning. ;)

Yes - The one we have is Beta!

So Now give us the Alpha version pls.

Silverwren
08-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Seriously, the OP has a good suggestion.

Scrap it! Start over.

Mizzaroo
08-20-2012, 06:43 PM
MyDDO works for me! :D

Silverwren
08-21-2012, 07:29 AM
MyDDO works for me! :D

I assure you, you're in the minority. :)

mobrien316
08-21-2012, 11:55 AM
MyDDO is simply unworkable as is.

I agree.

And yet some people are still regularly using it to screen people from their no-doubt-awesome groups.

Me: I'd like to join your eChrono group with my rogue, please.

Doofus: I just MyDDO'd you. What makes you think you need smiting weapons for eChrono?

Me: I hit the training dummy before logging out. I have other weapons besides smiting weapons.

Doofus: Yeah, don't you know you need DR breakers?

AZgreentea
08-21-2012, 12:03 PM
I agree.

And yet some people are still regularly using it to screen people from their no-doubt-awesome groups.

Doofus: I just MyDDO'd you. What makes you think you need smiting weapons for eChrono?

Me: I hit the training dummy before logging out. I have other weapons besides smiting weapons.

Heh,

"I just checked your MyDDO and it says you have been archived. Don't you know you need to be an active player to join a raid?"

Seriously though, checking myDDO for a group sounds like an exercise in banging your head against the wall, considering how many people are not updating.

Mizzaroo
08-21-2012, 04:21 PM
I agree.

Heh,

"I just checked your MyDDO and it says you have been archived. Don't you know you need to be an active player to join a raid?"

Seriously though, checking myDDO for a group sounds like an exercise in banging your head against the wall, considering how many people are not updating.

You peeps do know that MyDDO can be used as a blooging tool, right? Not just a look at other peeps' stuffs, right? RIGHT?! :D

Alabore
08-21-2012, 04:57 PM
MyDDO basically stuck at loading page on my main account.

So I guess... /signed.

FranOhmsford
08-21-2012, 08:25 PM
You peeps do know that MyDDO can be used as a blooging tool, right? Not just a look at other peeps' stuffs, right? RIGHT?! :D

Obviously my suggestion was not set up to cause any issues with this ^

I would hope that the devs would be able to transfer Blog data for those who've engaged in that activity to the
rebuilt MyDDO of my suggestion.

Same goes for all other uses that MyDDO currently has.

I'm pretty certain that the bloggers would be opting IN to MyDDO...Wouldn't they?

Machination
08-22-2012, 02:14 AM
Turbine if you can't manage to get around doing this yourself, which I understand because there are so many loose threads lying about, just open up and document an API for third parties to access the data. Let third parties make client applications, web sites, android apps, iphone apps, etc.

If any turn out to be a real value add for your business, buy them out or whatever. It is not an unproven and new model......,...

Come on - This has been going on for so long now - MyDDO is simply unworkable as is.

SUGGESTION
------------

Take it down!

Start Afresh!

Every time a character is logged onto DDO whether new or old it will be added to the new MyDDO!

Building up a complete picture over time.

If a Player wishes to opt out of MyDDO - Let them - Give an option in the UI Options to Opt In or Out:
Opt Out will keep them Private - Character will still be marked active BUT unseeable by others!

Silverwren
08-22-2012, 07:57 AM

Also consider that forum participation hovers at around 5% of active players. Even if three times that amount just read the forums, that leaves 85% of the populace that don't even know that MyDDO exists, let alone that MyDDO is broken.

I guess we can be thankful for that. Otherwise we'd all be getting rejected for a lot more quests based on ridiculously outdated information.