PDA

View Full Version : Easy casual figter build for leveling up.

licho
08-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Hello.
Im looking for some stressless melee build for my casual aproach, the rules:
- We start with 28PB, from fancy races only HE and Drows (meh).
- No cash from other toons, neither twinkies, however bunch of PvP packs on the way.
- Being able to solo (with cleric hire) alot is a valuable asset. (mostly on normal or maybe hard i dont hurry anywhere)
- Dont being total waste of space for team in hard quests is even bigger asset.
- It would be nice if the toon can particupate with some easiest epics (just to get the tokens) however if its inmposible i can always get tokens otherwise.
- It would be nice if it could be run as Dwarf, dwarves are awesome.
- Being able to squiz some combat feats like stun, or cleave is very sexy.

I though of classic 12F/6B/2R, however there are some voices that Kensai is no longer jazzy, so maybe just Barb 20 is the way to go? Or maybe some more fancy 12Rng/7Rog/1F? (not to mention fearsom Drow Rogchanter with spikies) Other idea just Barb 18/ F2 - since i anyway dont care about capstone why not to enjoy some extra feats?

Is this possible at all, or i should surrender and just roll Wiz?

Mathermune
08-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Hello.
Im looking for some stressless melee build for my casual aproach, the rules:
- We start with 28PB, from fancy races only HE and Drows (meh).
- No cash from other toons, neither twinkies, however bunch of PvP packs on the way.
- Being able to solo (with cleric hire) alot is a valuable asset. (mostly on normal or maybe hard i dont hurry anywhere)
- Dont being total waste of space for team in hard quests is even bigger asset.
- It would be nice if the toon can particupate with some easiest epics (just to get the tokens) however if its inmposible i can always get tokens otherwise.
- Being able to squiz some combat feats like stun, or cleave is very sexy.

I though of classic 12F/6B/2R, however there are some voices that Kensai is no longer jazzy, so maybe just Barb 20 is the way to go? Or maybe some more fancy 12Rng/7Rog/1F? (not to mention fearsom Drow Rogchanter with spikies)

Is this possible at all, or i should surrender and just roll Wiz?

28 point builds it's better if you don't spread too thinly. But I'd be wary of just taking CON and STR

A dwarf fighter with stats of.

STR: 16 (+3)
DEX: 13 (+1)
CON: 16 (+3)
INT: 13 (+1)
WIS: 10 (0)
CHA: 6 (-2)

Wouldn't be a bad start. But please, characters with more melee experience feel free to help out.

The extra skill point allows you to keep Intimidate and Balance maxed out, plus one to put into tumble and then into whatever you like after that, jump for me. If you did take two levels of rogue, evasion limits you to light armour, so use your fighter feats for dodge, mobility, spring attack, combat expertise and whirlwind attack and make the most of your dodge bonus.

A more min/max build would have this look. (Still Dwarf)

STR: 18 (+4)
DEX: 14 (+2)
CON: 16 (+3)
INT: 8 (-1)
WIS: 8 (-1)
CHA: 6 (-2)

I personally don't like -1 to will saves and only one skill point per level though. Also prevents you from taking whirlwind attack as Combat expertise is INT 13+

But you could take the two handed fighting feats and just go to town.

unbongwah
08-20-2012, 02:12 PM
High five, my bearded brother! :D

Have a look at my Axe Maiden (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=382361). There are a few options for downgrading to 28 pts: drop CON to 16 and skip Epic Toughness; dump DEX and a pt of INT and give up on CE+Imp Trip; drow STR to 16 or 17 and redistribute remaining pts.

Mathermune
08-20-2012, 02:26 PM
High five, my bearded brother! :D

Have a look at my Axe Maiden (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=382361). There are a few options for downgrading to 28 pts: drop CON to 16 and skip Epic Toughness; dump DEX and a pt of INT and give up on CE+Imp Trip; drow STR to 16 or 17 and redistribute remaining pts.

Between the two replies you've seen, put more faith in the suggestion of my friend here.

aristarchus1000
08-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Dwarves are a strong choice.

If you have access to half-elves, grabbing the Cleric or the FvS Dilly is really wonderful for leveling. Not only can you heal yourself, but you can also rez your party mates and your hireling (important!) with raise dead scrolls when they do something stupid. It makes for a far more relaxing leveling experience.

You don't get the tactical feat bonuses of a dwarf, but they should remain useful enough for level to 20. With some gearing, they will continue to be useful after 20 in normal/hard epics as well.