PDA

View Full Version : Which adventure packs to buy?

jaraxle-
08-17-2012, 11:01 AM
With the current discount on adventure packs running I thought it would be a good idea to get some. However I'm not sure which ones would be a good buy. I've read the post in which all adventure packs are reviewed and rated, but some of the last replies seem to indicate that it is pretty outdated. So, I'm asking which adventure packs in mid-2012 would be good purchases.

I do not have MotU and I am only a level 3 Paladin at the moment. Also, I will only have 1700 TP to spend.

I have read that Vale is really good, and even though it's higher level I thought I should get it because it's on sale. I was also thinking the Demon Sands one. Apart from those, I don't know. I wouldn't mind getting one or two cheaper lower level ones to have some fun now instead of waiting.

Thanks in advance!

Jackl
08-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Delera's is still a good pack for the Voice of the Master (+5% xp and good luck trinket) and the Carnifax (pretty sweet greataxe) and has one of the better xp quests for lower levels.

Beyond that ..I will let other people run with suggestions.

Fejj
08-17-2012, 11:12 AM
HI - yes Vale of Twilight is the only "must have" pack in the game. Its super fun and offers a lot of great content.

But I will say, if you are only level 3 now, don't go buying packs you may never get to.

There are litterly hundreds of threads answering this quetion. They all agree

1 - Vale
2 - Sands
3 - Gianthold

Best three packs in the game, most played, and super easy to get groups for. Then you have options. IF you like playing alts and leveling up

4 - Tangleroot
5 - STK
6 - Deleras
7 - Carnival

All are good low level packs which are played often and are fun.

IF you plan on running epics,

4 - VON
5 - Carnival
6 - Red Fens

Good epic content there (sands too but you should have that already)

IF you plan to TR, you will need packs to help you level up (in order of leveling)

4 - Delera
5 - Necro I
6 - Necro II
7 - Necro IV
8 - Amrath
9 - IQ and IQ2

Thats all i can think of ATM.

Good Luck

countfitz
08-17-2012, 11:15 AM
Dude, just missed probably the best deal ever for F2P yesterday. The expansion pack comes with all the really great packs, and was 1/2 off yesterday. Sometimes the deals last into the next day... if so BUY IT NOW (if it's still up on sale).

It has 1: The expansion. And 2: All the really great packs.

Best deal ever, $25, plus tax. You really wouldn't ever "need" to buy anything else and could do just about everything in the game you'd want.

Even at $50, it's probably the best deal for those without any packs that want to stay playing for more than 5 months.

MRMechMan
08-17-2012, 11:23 AM
MOST recommended:

Vale-loot, good xp, very popular pack, great explorer and quests, THREE raids...awesome
Reavers-meh loot, GREAT xp, not so popular but only 250 TP! hard to pass up!
Sands-great loot, great xp, very popular, f2p content is slightly thin around this level. Also, epic!

F2P stuff till 6-7. Deleras till 8-9. Sands from 10-14. Vale/f2p harbor 15-17. Reavers 18-20.

A bit thin in places but off of 3 packs pretty solid IMO. Should be fine for first lifer.

2nd teir:
If you have points leftover gianthold and necro4 are very nice as well. Also necro2 is nice xp but quests are a bit lacking in the flavor department.

3rd teir:
IQ1/2 are good but not needed.
ditto sorrowdusk, sentinals, sharn, amrath/shavarath, madness chains, fens, tangleroot, carnival.

These all provide extra xp for TRs (level to 20 then back to 1, but need more XP 2nd time), nice flavor and are good in their own right, but are not needed. I don't regret buying these packs but they are definitely not "must have" and are a teir down in urgency.

Bottom of the barrel....

I would not recommend...

the cannith adventure pack (TERRIBLE xp, loot is good but greensteel is way easier to make and more popular),
the cannith challenge pack (nerfed to hell, and VERY expensive).
threnal (I regret buying it, impossible to get groups for and PITA quests)
catacombs (plenty of f2p content at level even for TRs)
3BC (loot is nonexistant, never LFMs, most are poor xp)
necro3 (I don't have this pack but got GPed once and it was not fun. more undead....)

The list may be old but it is still pretty accurate.

janave
08-17-2012, 11:39 AM
Id recommend the ones with higher level raids as priority, and of course epic mode packs that are awesome for leveling too.

Vale -- Still the best Value, first pack i got, no regrets.
Sands
Vault of Night
Cannith adventure pack -- I dont agree with others on this one, I think it really is fun, if you dont mind the steampunkish setting. The Lord of Blades imo is by far the best boss storywise, it just have an epic feel to it even on heroic modes. It has similar loot distribution to the Shroud, you get something every run.

Bozone
08-17-2012, 11:49 AM
The ad they have up doesn't say which adv packs are on sale, only "Select (Non-Epic Mode) Adventure Packs" so I'm assuming that only the packs without epics are on sale. The above posts give the typical concensus on what to buy, but if I'm right, some of those will not be an option since they include epic difficulty.

I followed the advice of buying Vale of Twilight as one of my first packs, and don't regret it, but it was months before I ever got to the level that I could enter it. I don't regret buying it and do recommend it highly, but if you're 3rd level now and have been playing for a few months, it may be awhile until you can use it. There will probably be more sales before you reach it (although nothing is guaranteed and prices could change, I think it's unlikely and there are usually several good sales each year).

If you are not able to spend much on the game, I wouldn't buy any of the packs below Delera's. I find I outlevel most of the packs I've bought at low levels before I get to them. On the other hand, some people like to roll lots of alts and never (or only after years) get to the top levels, in which case you may want some low level packs for more variety, but there is lots of variety without packs at low levels IMO. The other consideration for some people is which type of favor the pack offers - for instance Catacombs gives Silver Flame favor and some people buy it to help them get the Silver Flame potions.

Bleend
08-18-2012, 03:26 AM
Hey guys, I bought MotU when it was -50% off on steam and I'd really like to get into the game. With it I have Phiarlan Carnival, Attack on Stormreach, The Path of Inspiration and The Dreaming Dark as "classic" packs. Also I have 1000 turbine points that came with my purchase and just saw that adventure packs are on sale right now. What packs should I pick with 1000 points at the current prices so I can get to the expansion without trouble?

Thanks! (F2P model is waaaay more complicated that lotro's :p )

(Should I pick up vale + necropolis part 4?)

arjiwan
08-18-2012, 06:30 AM
(Should I pick up vale + necropolis part 4?)

Yes

Daemoneyes
08-18-2012, 10:42 AM
HI - yes Vale of Twilight is the only "must have" pack in the game. Its super fun and offers a lot of great content.

But I will say, if you are only level 3 now, don't go buying packs you may never get to.

There are litterly hundreds of threads answering this quetion. They all agree

1 - Vale
2 - Sands
3 - Gianthold

Best three packs in the game, most played, and super easy to get groups for. Then you have options.

IF you like playing alts and leveling up

4 - Phiarlan Carnival
5 - Deleras
6 - Tangleroot
7 - Shan To Kor

All are good low level packs which are played often and are fun.

IF you plan on running epics,

4 - VON
5 - Carnival
6 - Red Fens

Good epic content there (sands too but you should have that already)

IF you plan to TR, you will need packs to help you level up (in order of leveling)

4 - Delera
5 - Necro I
6 - Necro II
7 - Necro IV
8 - Amrath
9 - IQ and IQ2

heres a second Pack list for those who dont like Undead heavy Quests

4 - Carnival
5 - Tangleroot
6 - Red Fens
7 - VON
8 - Amrath
9 - IQ and IQ2

Thats all i can think of ATM.

Good Luck

Great buying order!
i took the opportunity and changed it a bit, would love to hear your opinion about my changes! (hope u dont mind my shameless editing of your writing ^^)

I would like to point out that you're TR list is quite Undead heavy, which is a pain in the ass for most ranged & melee but arcane & divine will like it. So i added a second TR list. Of course the second TR list isn't so awesome in xp but i hope it does the job.
Also youre TR list didnt contain much epics and without epics it becomes quite pricey to TR (yeah challenges are an option but most will be to lazy to collect the daily token, like me ^^)

A3oN95
08-20-2012, 12:39 AM
I'm currently in a similar situation as the OP's. Right now I'm sitting at 1540 tp's, and I still have the 5% discount coupon available.

I own:
- Catacombs
- STK
- TrGorge
- Delera
- Necro1
- Sorrowdusk

Of these, my favourite were Catacombs (nice story) and Sorrowdusk (good quest diversity), and the least favourite was probably necro (boring and repetitive pita quests, imho :\).

I'm probably going to get Vale and Sands, leaving me with about 400-500 tp's left. Having just a lv15 bard and a lvl6 cleric/rogue (1st lifers), I was basically looking for packs with good favor and fun/diversity in content, which could be played both solo or in a party, and provided good gearing options for my current toons.

The best alternatives to spend the remaining tp's seem to be either getting VoN, or get Reavers + another one (not sure which :s). Any advice/recommendation on which option to choose between these 2 (or another, better one) would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance =)

Enguebert
08-20-2012, 12:58 AM
If you are only level 3, don't spend all your TPs on high-level Pack. There will be other discount for packs before you can use it
I would advise to buy one or two middle-level pack that you can use soon

Now my feedback on two packs i bought at previous discount
(experience from a recent player, first toon, quests made around level/level+1)

- tangleroot Gorge
The area to explore is rather linear, and IMHO, quite disapointing
Seven quests, but all in the same dungeon !!! Hobgobelins and spiders
The quests are rather fun the first time
You can discover some more things the second time you do it
But after that, you will be sick of hobgobelins & spiders
The final loot is quite good (but you need to complete all the quest to get it)

- red fens
A good area to explore (and you really need to explore everything or you can miss a cavern)
Only 4 quest, but they are completly different. Not hard to do and fun to explore
And loot is quite good

A3oN95
08-20-2012, 05:34 AM
- tangleroot Gorge
The area to explore is rather linear, and IMHO, quite disapointing
Seven quests, but all in the same dungeon !!! Hobgobelins and spiders
The quests are rather fun the first time
You can discover some more things the second time you do it
But after that, you will be sick of hobgobelins & spiders
The final loot is quite good (but you need to complete all the quest to get it)

From what I've seen in-game in the last weeks, the end rewards aren't as good as they used to be. I mean, they are the same, but since the last update the random reward loot's quality from the regular/free quests increased a lot. The only pack I have that still has way better loot than I can get anywhere else at the same level is Delera's.

And I had the exact same feeling in Tangleroot. I liked the chain the first time I completed it, but after that it becomes a little boring to repeat. I guess it's a good pack for zergers, since you get to know the entire chain's dungeon really quickly :P

HalfORCastrator
08-20-2012, 06:54 AM
After Vale and maybe Delera's Graveyard(voice and Carnifex, along with the great xp for low lvls), I'd actually buy the Shared Bank. More necessary than a lot of packs out there, the utility is amazing.

Dicey
08-20-2012, 07:01 AM
With the current discount on adventure packs running I thought it would be a good idea to get some. However I'm not sure which ones would be a good buy. I've read the post in which all adventure packs are reviewed and rated, but some of the last replies seem to indicate that it is pretty outdated. So, I'm asking which adventure packs in mid-2012 would be good purchases.

I do not have MotU and I am only a level 3 Paladin at the moment. Also, I will only have 1700 TP to spend.

I have read that Vale is really good, and even though it's higher level I thought I should get it because it's on sale. I was also thinking the Demon Sands one. Apart from those, I don't know. I wouldn't mind getting one or two cheaper lower level ones to have some fun now instead of waiting.

Thanks in advance!

It really depends on what your focus is to help you pick the right packs, if you're on a limited budget. When I got my first packs few years ago, I was already near cap, so I wanted to focus on packs that offer game loots (Vale, Devil of Shavarath, etc.), and give less priority to xp packs for leveling (Deleras, Gianthold, Necropolis 1/2, etc).

My personal top 4 recommendations:
Vale of Twilight, first and foremost choice. It offers 3 raids with items that you can find beneficial through most of the upper levels. Granted it's not endgame material, but it's probably the single best pack you can use to get there.

Sands of Menechtarun gives a variety of loots that's great for both casters and melees. Its among some of the tougher epics (not considering MotD pack). At level it has great mid-level quests you can farm for xp, notably Chamber of Raiyum, Offering of Blood, and Maraud the Mine.

Deleras' Tomb is loaded with xp that can take you from lvl6-10 easily as a first life toon. It also has that golden Voice of the Master trinket. The 5% xp can help you skip through some packs that you may not be able to afford while leveling.

Devils of Shavarath is one I liked to have for end game. Its quests and raid are about right up there with epic. The raid's rings and the set bonus they make are nice for both melee and casters.

Again, it really depends on which part of the journey you want to focus on. When I started out as a f2p with limited budget for packs, I decided to take my chances with f2p quests to get myself to lvl20 cap, and bought the raid packs so I would have something to do at end game. They have added quite a few xp bonuses and f2p quests to the game since then, and some of them has great xp, so it's definitely doable to cap with just f2p quests now. If this is what you want, I'd go with Vale, Shavarath, and Sands (1528tp total with 35% discount going on). This gives you a lot of basic and solid loots, and a nice distribution of mid and high level xp if you ever get sick or run out of f2p quests to farm. If you want to have more low and mid level quests available to have fun leveling up with friends/guildies cause that would be what you'd spend more time with, then I'd pick, again, Vale, and a combination of Deleras, VoN, Gianthold (some of the more popular packs people find groups for). Once you have developed multiple toons you will want a shared bank as well (especially for epic. BtA will drive you nuts), but that is if you're planning to go that far.

In term of xp, I picked these packs with the first life's 1.9 million xp journey in mind. Obviously if you are planning on TRing once or twice you'll need a few more packs to increase that available xp pool (it's also not a bad idea to invest solely in packs that are essential to TRing, because you get a decent amount of turbine points from favor each time you go through a life, if you like the life of xp griiiiind. Just make sure you have some ways of obtaining epic tokens to trade for TR heart of wood and make the pack selection more sustaining). I also did not take any of post lvl20 stuff into consideration (motu, epic xp, and all), since that also requires more than 1700tp.

Good luck and have fun

Edit: If you haven't I would strongly recommend reading Sirgog's adventure pack reviews. Very informative and gives some insights in the loot/ quest quality aspect. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=287854

Doomcrew
08-20-2012, 07:03 AM
After Vale and maybe Delera's Graveyard(voice and Carnifex, along with the great xp for low lvls), I'd actually buy the Shared Bank. More necessary than a lot of packs out there, the utility is amazing.

Good point.

In today's DDO, bta items make a shared bank very valuable.

A3oN95
08-20-2012, 07:18 AM

That's an interesting point. Is the Vale + Sands combo enough to level a 1st-lifer through the mid-high levels (10-20) and be decently geared at 20 (pre-MotU)?

If so, it'd be a wise decision to pass on other popular, but "non-essential" packs (VoN, Gianthold, Reavers, etc.) to save tp's for a future sale on shared bank.

Zirun
08-20-2012, 07:31 AM
That's an interesting point. Is the Vale + Sands combo enough to level a 1st-lifer through the mid-high levels (10-20) and be decently geared at 20 (pre-MotU)?

If so, it'd be a wise decision to pass on other popular, but "non-essential" packs (VoN, Gianthold, Reavers, etc.) to save tp's for a future sale on shared bank.

Vale alone (heck, you probably wouldn't even need Vale now with new free high-level quests) will get you to 20. You won't have much named loot to speak of, but random loot should be fine for everything except Epic Elites and tough raids.

Phemt81
08-20-2012, 07:37 AM
If you did not buy MOTU i highly suggest you to buy vale of twilight and red fens.

Right after that, when you reach level 20, buy epic destiny cause you will NEED it to enjoy epic progression and make good use of the red fens pack you bought.

This suggestion should be doable with your 1700 TP.

Have fun.

Dicey
08-20-2012, 08:04 AM

Level 1-6 is pretty much f2p work as a first lifer. Then you got the xp giants (tears, gwylans) that can take you well into 9. Then it's xorian cipher time. Add in Pit and E/h/n Tempest and you're in range for Sands, which will be enough to get you half way to 13/14 if you really sack it. Farm f2p lordsmarch 1, especially framework for lvl15. By 16 you can do Vale, which should be 2 lvls worth of xp. Web of Chaos chain has pretty decent xp the first time you run it with bravery bonus. From there, heheh, vale slayer to 20 (how i capped my first toon :p), or, come back to untouched quests and get that 1 time elite run done. Should easily make 100k+ even with level penalties (crazy bravery bonus...) Rather painful, especially if you're keeping up streak and running elites as first life, but definitely doable.

Both packs have raids and offers something to do at cap, so it's not so bad. But tbh discounts on all packs is rather a rare thing (even more so for such 35%). Think last time the store had the discount was 2 months ago (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=375889&highlight=adventure), whereas they seem to like to put banks on sale a lot more often...

baletraeger
08-20-2012, 08:10 AM
C'mon buy Restless Isles! Who cares if the loot is completely outdated and the cost/xp and cost/favor ratios are among the lowest in the game; it's got two fun quests and one of the most intricate raids in the game

jaraxle-
08-20-2012, 08:12 AM
Thank you for all the suggestions! I wound up buying Vale + Delera's, and have almost 600 TP left over. I was going to buy Sands of Menechtaraun after gaining a few more free TP from favor milestones, but perhaps I will look at Epic Destinies and/or Red Fens (not sure of the price right now, will check later).

A3oN95
08-20-2012, 08:31 AM
If you did not buy MOTU i highly suggest you to buy vale of twilight and red fens.

Right after that, when you reach level 20, buy epic destiny cause you will NEED it to enjoy epic progression and make good use of the red fens pack you bought.

This suggestion should be doable with your 1700 TP.

Have fun.

Thanks for the suggestion :). I really don't like the way Turbine's going with this store epic destinies, but oh well, that's for another thread..

If I may ask, is there a reason to pick Red Fens over Sands or VoN, besides the price difference? I'm asking because they are approximately in the same level range (9-12, Red Fens having the lowest favor/tp and xp/tp ratios of the 3) and all have epic diff. Other than this data and the (somewhat outdated) forum reviews, I'm not exactly sure about the differences between them. :s

Level 1-6 is pretty much f2p work as a first lifer. Then you got the xp giants (tears, gwylans) that can take you well into 9. Then it's xorian cipher time. Add in Pit and E/h/n Tempest and you're in range for Sands, which will be enough to get you half way to 13/14 if you really sack it. Farm f2p lordsmarch 1, especially framework for lvl15. By 16 you can do Vale, which should be 2 lvls worth of xp. Web of Chaos chain has pretty decent xp the first time you run it with bravery bonus. From there, heheh, vale slayer to 20 (how i capped my first toon :p), or, come back to untouched quests and get that 1 time elite run done. Should easily make 100k+ even with level penalties (crazy bravery bonus...) Rather painful, especially if you're keeping up streak and running elites as first life, but definitely doable.

Both packs have raids and offers something to do at cap, so it's not so bad. But tbh discounts on all packs is rather a rare thing (even more so for such 35%). Think last time the store had the discount was 2 months ago (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=375889&highlight=adventure), whereas they seem to like to put banks on sale a lot more often...

Hehe, that was quite a journey :D. I've followed a similar path with my bard (currently at 15), too bad I can't unlock elite on the first try of a quest as a premium, makes BB harder to use :\. I just don't want to end up spending more on adventure packs then I needed, lacking other very useful features, like the mentioned shared bank (alt's crying for carnifex :P)

Thank you for all the suggestions! I wound up buying Vale + Delera's, and have almost 600 TP left over. I was going to buy Sands of Menechtaraun after gaining a few more free TP from favor milestones, but perhaps I will look at Epic Destinies and/or Red Fens (not sure of the price right now, will check later).

I think you made a good choice ;), Delera is probably the low level pack I played the most so far. FYI Red Fens sits at 293TP right now (being a lot cheaper than both VoN, Sands and Gianthold).

ddobard1
08-20-2012, 08:38 AM
First to buy: Tangleroot!

Daemoneyes
08-20-2012, 10:54 AM

i bought Sands friday with the -35% now i have almost all of the favor from Sands and its a Great Area (really u get lost first time^^) and has nice quests
from my it gets a nr1 with 5 stars =)

btw i would delay Epic Destinies till they
1) fix the bugs (well if the ever can do this without making more <<)
2) its on sale (wont be long, i guess around Christmas)
till then u can solo epic normal without a problem (really its that easy) and in group (even in pug) Epic Hard is easy.

thats why i would say:
buy Sands
make youre way to 20 and farm a bit for items and Epic tokens (get some +2 +3 tomes to, its easy ;) )
then TR and use the TP from rising again to buy Epic Destinies

this way u also have a better Char for endgame, cause u have the time to find out where your build is flawed and what u would like better.

A3oN95
08-20-2012, 06:38 PM
i bought Sands friday with the -35% now i have almost all of the favor from Sands and its a Great Area (really u get lost first time^^) and has nice quests
from my it gets a nr1 with 5 stars =)

Lots of people are recommending sands :). Do you have VoN and/or Red Fens? Would you recommend it over those packs, in terms of quest fun, easiness of getting groups and loot?

Thanks for the input ;)

Phemt81
08-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the suggestion :)

If I may ask, is there a reason to pick Red Fens over Sands or VoN, besides the price difference? I'm asking because they are approximately in the same level range (9-12, Red Fens having the lowest favor/tp and xp/tp ratios of the 3) and all have epic diff. Other than this data and the (somewhat outdated) forum reviews, I'm not exactly sure about the differences between them. :s

You are welcome.

But i am afraid i have to contradict you on this; the wiki says fens is the best pack for what concerns the favor/tp ratio.

Have a look: http://ddowiki.com/page/Adventure_Packs

Also, to reply your other question, i think sands and von are quite hard to pug lately... without even counting in the score of 1700 tp the OP mentioned.

Hope i helped out on this.

A3oN95
08-20-2012, 08:43 PM
You are welcome.

But i am afraid i have to contradict you on this; the wiki says fens is the best pack for what concerns the favor/tp ratio.

Have a look: http://ddowiki.com/page/Adventure_Packs

That's exactly the page I was basing myself in ;). Note that "TP per favor" is the amount of TP we spend to get a point of favor, not the other way around. Therefore, the higher the number, the worst Favor/TP the pack will have. The worst pack in this subject is devil assault (350tp for just 30 favor, 11.67 tp/fav), and the best's reaver's reach (250tp for 96 favor, 2.6 tp/fav).

Phemt81
08-20-2012, 09:16 PM
Wow, editing my quote that way really made me look like a ****** lol

A3oN95
08-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Wow, editing my quote that way really made me look like a ****** lol

Oops, I intended to single out the sentence I was answering to, but forgot that last line, sorry about that (*edited the previous post*) :\, I really appreciate the advice you've been giving =)

EDIT: Made my mind on Vale+Sands because this combo allows me to get around 1.9K total favor per toon. Vale+Reds would put me at 1752 total, having to literaly finish every quest I owned on elite to get 32pt builds access. Now the Store's being the problem, as Sands and Fens are not showing up as on sale, although they should still be so until tomorrow night...

SirValentine
08-21-2012, 05:25 AM
Bottom of the barrel....

I would not recommend...
<snip>
threnal (I regret buying it, impossible to get groups for and PITA quests)

Threnal is harder to get groups for, but not impossible. And of the 12 quests, only one of them is actually a major PITA. Some are actually quite good XP, too. (OK, not Shadow-Crypt-good, but decent.)

And the sweet, sweet loot! By which I mean a single item, The Mantle of the Worldshaper. Same XP bonus as The Voice of the Master, but in a FAR better slot. Choose between an Ioun Stone and 5% XP? No thank you, I'll take both!

SirValentine
08-21-2012, 05:31 AM
C'mon buy Restless Isles! Who cares if the loot is completely outdated and the cost/xp and cost/favor ratios are among the lowest in the game; it's got two fun quests and one of the most intricate raids in the game

I wish I could get groups for Twilight Forge & Titan Awakes more often. That raid is a lot of fun. The loot is not completely outdated. Some of it is junk but a couple of the items from there are still among the best around. The belt and the gloves, for instance.

The flagging quests are decent, and the wilderness area is unique. This can be one of the most difficult areas to check the "get all rares encounters" box for.

Daemoneyes
08-21-2012, 05:44 AM
Lots of people are recommending sands :). Do you have VoN and/or Red Fens? Would you recommend it over those packs, in terms of quest fun, easiness of getting groups and loot?

Thanks for the input ;)

hey
dont have VON but i have Red Fens (also bought Friday)

Red Fens is nice,
story is fun,
explorer is okay for that lvl as u dont spend much time in that lvl range
(double the size of Cerulian Hills i would say)
and it has some real nice Items (ring of the mire, heal amp bracers, etc)
grouping is okay, u find some people for it but dont expect full groups if youre not running Epic mode.

VON
as much as i know
grouping is easy, there are always VON groups but mostly Farm groups at lvl and epic mode
loot is okay, some nice items but nothing i would get sleepless nights over it (maybe other player consider them better :))

Sands
story is good
explorer is huge and the rares have dropchance for unique items (bloodstone, whirlwind, ring of spell storing)
groups are easy to get for Wizard King and the Raid (heroic and epic) and okay for other quests
Items are wawawhooom, lots and lots of really good items easy to get in heroic versions but hard to get the Epic versions.

so yeah its still a hard decision, all are worth there price
still its an easy decision if u want to level a Toon to 20.
Sands, Vale and Gianthold are must have for that.
If youre staying at low level and dont plan on goin for 20 i would say Red Fens and all the other low lvl packs are must have before anything else.

also i think its been mentioned but consider buying the Shared Bank, with more and more packs u will get tons of Bound to Account Items and youre Toon will drown in them if u dont have a way to park them on other Toons

A3oN95
08-21-2012, 06:25 AM
@Daemoneyes: thanks for the info =). I've read in some other thread that VoN seemed old/dated nowadays. Even so, the loot there seems really good (Sword of Shadows as the best example).

As for the Fens, I've seen some videos, and like you said, it seems beautiful, and a nice pack to get (a cheap one, too). Since I already have Delera and Sorrowdusk, I'll probably wait for a 50% sale to get it though, and grab Sands instead (or so I wanted, but since the last maintenance/update, the Store is showing Red Fens, Sands and every other "epic-ready" quest pack that should be on sale 16-22nd Aug. at full price... I seriously hope it gets fixed before the sale period ends, because it's a serious issue with the Store, it's affecting a big number of customers and noone was able to even get a response from the support so far, let's wait to see what happens...)

Nebless
08-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Jaraxle "I wouldn't mind getting one or two cheaper lower level ones to have some fun now instead of waiting."

Everyone else seem's to be keying on you leveling up, but this comment seems to be more in line with my play style so I thought I'd throw out my 2cents worth.

- Sharn. Yes it's short, but it has a good replay value and is fun because it's something out of the ordinary.
- 3 Barrel Cove. While others don't seem to like this one because the loot's bad etc... etc... I find it quite fun and good XP (I'm a level 7). In fact I went up from 6 to 7 just running around and doing the explorer/rare's stuff. Also I'm a sucker for the pirate music.

I'm not in any hurry to get to end game, I just play to have fun and enjoy myself. With that thought I love playing the pirate and Halloween festivals, just running around like a headless chicken attacking whatever I come across.