PDA

View Full Version : Miniature Giant Space Hamsters!

fmalfeas
08-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Yes, I'm asking for yet another creature companion. One that those who played some of the best D&D games ever made will remember fondly.

Be sure to make it squeek, and have one of it's tricks be 'GO FOR THE EYES!'

ssgcmwatson
08-15-2012, 08:39 PM
That's no ordinary [hamster]... that's the most foul, cruel and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!

Ilindith
08-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Spend 100 more Turbine Points and you get a dumb ranger as a bonus.

dterror
08-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Even comes pre-named for you, no need to copy Baldur's Gate and the other 150000 players manually!

Lordress
08-16-2012, 09:33 AM
sad to say, i guess...but i would buy one. i love that little rodent..and his *ahem* friend.

Jackl
08-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Oh wow, I thought you were kidding when you said you were going to post a thread on getting the hamster..
Sadly, I would love to have one of these , would give me a reason to emote "xxx throws a hamster in yyy's face while screaming something about the eyes"

yea
/signed

Failedlegend
08-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Spend 100 more Turbine Points and you get a dumb ranger as a bonus.

I actually specifically downloaded a mod so i could change Miinsc's class, ranger does NOT suit him I made him a Barbarian

Cardoor
08-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Jan: Minsc! Look out behind you!
Minsc: Where? He who sneaks on Minsc loses teeth!
Jan: C'mon Boo! Quickly, come to Jan!
Minsc: Stop it! Boo is not for you, tiny! You'll hurt him!
Jan: He likes me. Gnomes are far cuddlier than oafish humans.
Minsc: No, I know what is best when talking of Boo. If you could hear his wishes, you would agree, but you cannot. The words of Boo are for Minsc alone.
Jan: You can't fault a fellow for trying.
Minsc: I can and will. And another thing; no more sneaking Boo crackers! He is getting rather portly, and the crumbs make for an itchy bedroll.

---------------later conversation---------------

Jan: Ah, Minsc! 'Tis truly a beautiful day, no?
Minsc: Weather is nice, maybe.
Jan: It is day to get out into the world, breathe in the fresh air.
Minsc: (grunt)
Jan: Too bad, though...
Minsc: What is too bad?
Jan: It's too bad that I won't live to enjoy it.
Minsc: What do you mean?
Jan: Hadn't you heard, old friend. I've got the Calimshan Itch. Alas, poor Jan! (sob, sob)
Minsc: An itch? Can you not scratch it?
Jan: Only death will cure this itch. I shall not live out this day. Oh, terrible powers of the heavens! Why will you let me die without granting me a final wish? Cruel, cruel fate!
Minsc: What can Minsc do to help? A tragedy, this is! I will slay those that need slaying!
Jan: I do have one final wish...no, no. I do not wish to burden my companions with my death. My teensy-weensy wish is unimportant. Travel on, good Minsc. Carry the torch and so forth.
Minsc: It is only fair, big-nosed little one. We will do all that we can to aid you.
Jan: Truly, it is a small thing. As a child I had a pet hamster, named Spanky. Those were the only pure days in my life. Every day was perfection. Oh, the pain! If I could just hold a hamster while I die, perhaps I could capture the innocence of my youth and die a happy gnome.
Minsc: You will not steal Boo from me! I know your tricks!
Jan: Tis no trick, (cough, cough). Nevertheless, you are correct about one thing, my oafish friend. I do not deserve happiness. Please, leave me to my excruciatingly painful death. I am close now... Spanky I miss you!
Minsc: Boo shall comfort the little dying gnome for a moment. Only a moment!
Jan: Ah, thank you, Minsc. May I have a moment alone?
Minsc: Alone? No, I draw the line... hey! Stand still! I warn you!
Jan: At last Boo is mine! I cannot believe this stupid trick worked. Come, noble hamster, a life of frivolity awaits.
Minsc: I'll throttle with your own arms if you do not return him this instant! This is no longer amusing! It was never amusing! I am not laughing!
Jan: Alright, alright. It was only a jest, Minscy. I meant no harm.
Minsc: That's right, you apologize! It's hard enough keeping Boo's roaming in check without you stealing him. Bad Jan! There will be a booting if this happens again!

snipped from here: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Baldur%27s_Gate_series#Jan_Jansen