PDA

View Full Version : improvement to cannith crafting challenge

nayozz
08-14-2012, 06:17 AM
add a handwraps recipe to calomel, mournlode and make a speciale arcane recipe...

since the 4 elements are taken, you could use arcane to make a new handwrap recipe.

add to tier 3 cannith crafting ml4 (craftable +1)

modify the tier 3 ml16 cannith crafting into (craftable +4)

Silverwren
08-14-2012, 07:54 AM
I'd like to add to that if I might.

Change the level requirements for upgrading items.

If I have a level 8 pair of Wind Bracers, for example, and I want to upgrade them to tier 2, I'm required to gather mats from challenges that are level 12 or 15. By that time I'm ready for new bracers, so to even make the attempt to upgrade is pointless.

Now I COULD use higher level alts to gather the mats and give them to my lower level toon but my point is that the way it's done now is illogical.

dterror
08-14-2012, 08:26 AM
I'd like to add to that if I might.

Change the level requirements for upgrading items.

If I have a level 8 pair of Wind Bracers, for example, and I want to upgrade them to tier 2, I'm required to gather mats from challenges that are level 12 or 15. By that time I'm ready for new bracers, so to even make the attempt to upgrade is pointless.

Now I COULD use higher level alts to gather the mats and give them to my lower level toon but my point is that the way it's done now is illogical.

I'm pretty sure some of the lower level mats can be converted to the higher level mats, though they might have to go through an intermediate stage.
However, forcing someone level 8 to grind out 1200 or 2400 of an item and then sit there having a click fest to convert those low level mats just to get the 300 (not sure exact # required for level 8 tier upgrades, just using that as an example) is ridiculous.

You CAN group with a higher level player in order to enter the challenges yourself. Doesn't even require that the higher level player enter the challenge, or even be in House C...just grouped. Again, forcing someone to do challenges potentially well above their level just to do a tier upgrade is ridiculous.

The challenges that drop the mats required for upgrades need to have the min level for those challenges reduced appropriately. The items themselves are fine, the mats required to upgrade are fine. What is not fine is the level at which a toon can enter the challenge w/o assistance.

Silverwren
08-14-2012, 12:19 PM
I'm pretty sure some of the lower level mats can be converted to the higher level mats........

I'm pretty sure you can't, because that was the first thing I thought of doing. At least I can't, using the mats I've already gathered, convert to what I need.

As far as grouping goes, I don't know what it's like on your server, but on Orion it is EXTREMELY rare to see an LFM for a challenge. It's too bad too. There's some pretty good loot to be created by running the challenges.