PDA

View Full Version : Harm

goodoldxelos
08-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Allow harm to be empowered similar to how heal has empowered healing

Talias006
08-11-2012, 08:20 PM
It's not able to used with Empower?

Side note, are the Inflict spells Empower-able?
They're both types of Negative energy "damage," unless used on Undead (which heals them, I think).

Carkolda
08-12-2012, 02:20 AM
It's not able to used with Empower?

Side note, are the Inflict spells Empower-able?
They're both types of Negative energy "damage," unless used on Undead (which heals them, I think).

No, nor is Heal. Heal, however, can be modified by Empower Heal. I believe inflicts are. The reason harm and heal are not is they are not random numbers (1d8+1) and are instead static based on your level. However, I believe Empower should be applicable to both, because Empower (in canon) made no distinction, whereas Maximize did require it to have a variable effect.

dterror
08-12-2012, 07:45 PM
No, nor is Heal. Heal, however, can be modified by Empower Heal. I believe inflicts are. The reason harm and heal are not is they are not random numbers (1d8+1) and are instead static based on your level. However, I believe Empower should be applicable to both, because Empower (in canon) made no distinction, whereas Maximize did require it to have a variable effect.

Per PnP, empower is supposed to work on any spell with a numerical component to it, including things like the level 2 stat spells. ANY numerical quantity should have a +50% boost with empower.

So yes, Turbine has really dropped the ball here and really does need to add Empower to both Heal and Harm (amongst other things)