PDA

View Full Version : Update 15 is Online

KookieKobold
08-09-2012, 03:34 PM
The first portion of Update 15: Song of Druid's Deep is online!

Release notes can be found at the link below:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=376774

Known Issues can be found at the link below:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=376772

Buttkierownsmade
08-09-2012, 07:05 PM
any posted dev events??

Rallan
08-10-2012, 01:06 AM
Don't see any mention of being able to salvage trap parts again in the notes? Will this be coming soon/added in a new test build?

Culver.Civello
08-10-2012, 01:28 AM
Don't see any mention of being able to salvage trap parts again in the notes? Will this be coming soon/added in a new test build?

You missed it.

Characters with the Trapmaking feat should once again have a chance to scavenge trap parts when successfully disarming traps.

But this makes me happy... :D

VIP characters now move 10% faster in public spaces! This movement speed boost stacks with all other movement boosts in public areas.

good_ole_corwin
08-10-2012, 02:37 AM
so, since I dont have any epic bards I could port over to Lama, can anyone confirm they made inspire excellence pretty much useless?

Inspire Excellence no longer has a shared cooldown with Inspire Courage. It has also been changed to no longer be six subfeats with lengthy cooldowns - a single use will now grant a +2 Competence bonus to ALL ability scores to yourself and nearby allies.

AKA: If youre using ToD rings/epic slots for +1 stats and are properly built towards even stats, inspiring excellence wont do anything at all for you anymore, not just "less than hoped for"

amoraenk
08-10-2012, 05:07 AM
Inspire Excellence no longer has a shared cooldown with Inspire Courage. It has also been changed to no longer be six subfeats with lengthy cooldowns - a single use will now grant a +2 Competence bonus to ALL ability scores to yourself and nearby allies.

Nice change for "one song for all ability" but down from +4 to +2 competence bonus is a sad NERF. I don't know if it can be seen as an epic feat now...
It's a great shame.... Bards were appreciated even more thanks to this song. I hope it still will be true.

good_ole_corwin
08-10-2012, 05:49 AM
Nice change for "one song for all ability" but down from +4 to +2 competence bonus is a sad NERF. I don't know if it can be seen as an epic feat now...
It's a great shame.... Bards were appreciated even more thanks to this song. I hope it still will be true.

it would still be worth it if it were typed unique, not made to not stack with some of the most common bonuses. Exceptional is not used right now for anything for example afaik.

Voldomar
08-10-2012, 06:43 AM
Getting sweet sweet loot from treasure chests is a noteworthy event, so there are now visuals/audio to suit the occasion.

Please tell me it's something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k
I might even be back to the game...

RS-Makk
08-10-2012, 08:22 AM
"Shrouding Strike charges should be a bit clearer to understand. Each rank of Shrouding Strike or Shrouding Shot allows you to store 2 charges. You gain one additional maximum charge when taking Cloak of Shadows, Shadow Manipulation, Consume, and Shadow Form."

Question - does that mean I can get 1 more each of those taken (for a maximum of 10 charges), or I need to take all 4 to get 1 extra one (for a maximum of 7)?

Crazeee
08-10-2012, 09:25 AM

VIP characters now move 10% faster in public spaces! This movement speed boost stacks with all other movement boosts in public areas.

This makes me angry. Well... it would, but it's probably not working anyways.
Why not fix some bugs instead?

KismetUSA
08-10-2012, 10:42 AM
I don't get it... it says that the M.M. is online when we go to the username/password screen and here says that it is on also, but when I go online and press the ctrl+m says that the M.M. is not available at this time :/

barecm
08-10-2012, 11:29 AM
I was disappointed to not see executioners shot not mentioned in the release notes nor the know issues. Not surprised, just disappointed. Anyone know if it was fixed but not mentioned?

Alkot
08-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Hmm disappointed to not see anything about a change to the gem of many facets, was hoping that would be thrown in this update to work with either piece of the fens sets. =/

Also didn't see anything about zen archery and gmof dance of flowers, even if its not made to work with it a new description would be nice.

scoobmx
08-10-2012, 03:13 PM

Kookie,

Now that Druid is available in the store, will players who have used the Stone of Experience be able to finally take druid levels? I believe it was stated somewhere that this restriction will be removed at the time druids become available in the store.

~Octaviun_Serlone
08-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Is there going to be a change to the reincarnation spell for the druids? to where it won't be so much a wasted cause? Was in a shroud earlier this week by the time my druid got of the reincarnation spell a cleric had already raised 3 members ...a bit rediculous i think

Galeria
08-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Kookie,

Now that Druid is available in the store, will players who have used the Stone of Experience be able to finally take druid levels? I believe it was stated somewhere that this restriction will be removed at the time druids become available in the store.

The stone of experience evaporates the day U15 is launched. So, no.

scoobmx
08-11-2012, 11:03 AM
The stone of experience evaporates the day U15 is launched. So, no.

I'm not sure how this is relevant? The stone evaporating doesn't cause me to drop back 8 levels.

Dexxaan
08-13-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm not sure how this is relevant? The stone evaporating doesn't cause me to drop back 8 levels.

Oh really?

Wait and see........

Muahaha!! :D

danotmano1998
08-13-2012, 10:16 AM
Is there going to be a change to the reincarnation spell for the druids? to where it won't be so much a wasted cause? Was in a shroud earlier this week by the time my druid got of the reincarnation spell a cleric had already raised 3 members ...a bit rediculous i think

Lol.. Agreed.

I don't understand why this spell takes a week to cast, and the scroll raise dead takes 3 seconds..

I got cussed out by a druid a few times not realizing that they were casting the spell. I thought it was a new kind of dance.. Finally I got a tell.

"Dude! Seriously?!?!?"
Once he explained that Turbine decided to make reincarnation a 2 minute casting time, even when quickened, I understood.

I have to laugh though.. What the heck was the dev thinking that put this casting time in? Why do druids take an hour to cast the spell a cleric can cast in .02 seconds?
(Exaggeration to make my point, yes. Guilty.)

Ravoc-DDO
08-13-2012, 05:32 PM
I believe we were promised the enhancement tree revamp but can't seem to find anything about it...

Someone enlighten us.

fullpozzy
08-13-2012, 07:31 PM
I see you never fixed the stuck spot in the Raid, never did a character wipe, still haven't fixed the broken epic moment for unyielding sentinal.

You did find the time to break inspired excellence and nerf the only viable summons/pet.

More reasons to look at playing some other game

Dhalgren
08-13-2012, 08:05 PM
I believe we were promised the enhancement tree revamp but can't seem to find anything about it...

Someone enlighten us.

That was pushed to (at least) U16, tentatively planned for November.

shadereaper33
08-13-2012, 08:38 PM

Someone enlighten us.

At no point were we "promised" that the enhancement revamp would be with u15. In fact, so far as I am aware, all we were actually told about it was that it was too much work to fit in with the expansion, and that it was being pushed back. No set date was ever given that I am aware of.

Talias006
08-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Set date, no; implied that it would come with U15 in the fall.

GermanicusMaximus
08-13-2012, 10:20 PM

Someone enlighten us.

Your bad. Let's count the ways

1) Turbine promised, and you believed. Nuff said.

2) Turbine changed its mind, and announced that the enhancement revamp was pushed to November (they promise!) several weeks ago.

3) You apparently believe they won't screw it up like everything else they have done lately, and seem to be looking forward to it.

QNecron
08-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Warforged Healer's Friend now reduces the Positive Energy healing penalty for being in Living Construct form instead of acting as a multiplicative Positive Energy healing amplification effect. The enhancement now grants a bigger overall bonus, but is no longer quite so front-loaded: Warforged Healer's Friend: Benefit: Your Living Construct penalty to Positive Energy healing is reduced from 50% to (40/30/20)%. The enhancement has also been reduced in AP cost from 2:4:6 to 1:2:3.

This makes me think that the Human AMP line should be changed to 1:2:3 too! Pretty please! :)

Also nice to see them get some love after the beating you gave WF in u14 lol.

Phoenix-daBard
08-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Set date, no; implied that it would come with U15 in the fall.

Yup! And that was when the August update was named U14 and the November update was named U15. When quoting facts the whole story helps. Another clue is August is mid-summer, fall begins end of September.

Ravoc-DDO
08-14-2012, 02:10 PM
Your bad. Let's count the ways

1) Turbine promised, and you believed. Nuff said.

2) Turbine changed its mind, and announced that the enhancement revamp was pushed to November (they promise!) several weeks ago.

3) You apparently believe they won't screw it up like everything else they have done lately, and seem to be looking forward to it.

lol, good points, and very true! +1 :)

Talias006
08-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Yup! And that was when the August update was named U14 and the November update was named U15. When quoting facts the whole story helps. Another clue is August is mid-summer, fall begins end of September.

Thank you for correcting me in a manner unbecoming and without tact.

Rubix
08-15-2012, 03:07 AM
This makes me angry. Well... it would, but it's probably not working anyways.

Are you really so naive as to believe that *everyone* at Turbine is capable and dedicated to *only* bug-chasing? Do you not think that, as a company as large as Turbine, they don't have devs allocated to new content, while others deal with bugs, and yet more staff handle accounting issues?

Really?

Crazeee
08-15-2012, 06:32 AM
Are you really so naive as to believe that *everyone* at Turbine is capable and dedicated to *only* bug-chasing? Do you not think that, as a company as large as Turbine, they don't have devs allocated to new content, while others deal with bugs, and yet more staff handle accounting issues?

Really?

*Everyone* at Turbine? Where did I say that? That would be stupid, I don't want the cleaning lady to fix bugs.
*Only* bug-chasing? Where did I say that? Of course they need new CONTENT. But I don't count a speed boost as content.

Are you really so incapable of reading what others say without adding your own stuff into their words? Really?

Rubix
08-15-2012, 06:37 AM
In resonse to:

*Everyone* at Turbine? Where did I say that? That would be stupid, I don't want the cleaning lady to fix bugs.
*Only* bug-chasing? Where did I say that? Of course they need new CONTENT. But I don't count a speed boost as content.

Are you really so incapable of reading what others say without adding your own stuff into their words? Really?

I quote:

... very clearly implies "leave the new development and fix bugs instead"

You answered your own question.

Phemt81
08-15-2012, 06:49 AM
vip characters now move 10% faster in public spaces! This movement speed boost stacks with all other movement boosts in public areas.

:d

Crazeee
08-15-2012, 08:15 AM
In resonse to:

I quote:

... very clearly implies "leave the new development and fix bugs instead"

You answered your own question.

No, you interpreted something into my answer I didn't say. I did not say they should stop developing new content at all, YOU added that to my statement. I did say that the game has lots of bugs that are more important to fix than adding THIS.

But you are saying they shouldn't fix bugs *at all* and only make new content. At least by your way of reading other peoples statements.

Buttkierownsmade
08-15-2012, 09:18 AM
Why is lammainia offline? o.O Noooooo!!!!

Krelar
08-15-2012, 09:34 AM
Why is lammainia offline? o.O Noooooo!!!!

Perhaps they are putting up the next part?

KookieKobold
08-15-2012, 10:13 AM
Perhaps they are putting up the next part?

This is entirely accurate!

We've just finished updating Lamannia!

Release notes and Known issues will be posted shortly and you can find links to them at the first post of this thread.

A number of fixes that were posted in the previous release notes that were not actually included should now be included!

SableShadow
08-15-2012, 12:27 PM
It's updated.

fullpozzy
08-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Ok you did an update but still dont see anything say you fixed the spot in the new raid were anna gett caught in the web. To be more precise, the second to last web bridge at the top, anna can get caught there. A fix maybe????

MrElusiveness
08-15-2012, 01:40 PM

oh man increasing cool downs on the monks epic desty attacks! (one of the lilly tree's attacks.) if that goes live then playing the monk wont be worth it. dont be nuke nerfing my monk.

ckorik
08-15-2012, 02:03 PM
oh man increasing cool downs on the monks epic desty attacks! (one of the lilly tree's attacks.) if that goes live then playing the monk wont be worth it. dont be nuke nerfing my monk.

You had me worried there was a new cooldown - the change from 180 seconds to 300 seconds on EiN isn't make or break monk time - it's rather silly but nothing I'm going to toss my monitor out the window over.

It also was a change from the first U15 notes so don't scare me like that :P

QuantumFX
08-15-2012, 05:46 PM
Made yah look, did we? ;)

Someone probably needs to change their forum handle to Bob_of_Baghdad* :D

* Devourer_of_Crow might work too

robdrew
08-16-2012, 02:03 PM
Increased cooldowns for monks make them not worth playing huh? I suppose if u enjoy playing ridiculously over powered destinies then i can see where your coming from. I know that if i cant kill everything in a room instantly every three minutes that i might just slash my wrists.

Sarnind
08-16-2012, 04:30 PM
I will be happy only when turbines will remove all istant kills from Epics quests and remove indecent EC, EN and EH difficult from the game

mystafyi
08-16-2012, 04:37 PM
I will be happy only when turbines will remove all istant kills from Epics quests and remove indecent EC, EN and EH difficult from the game

then you wont ever be happy with this game again.

Vordax
08-16-2012, 04:43 PM

How do you expect new players to get from level 20 to 25 if EE is the only thing available? Just won't happen.

Do you understand that Epic Hard is the SAME difficulty level as Heroic hard? If someone can run hard water works at level, then they should be able to run epic hard rusted blades at level. Epic only refers to the fact that it is over level 20. I think people are just getting hung up on the word "epic".

Talias006
08-16-2012, 06:57 PM

Here's a two fold suggestion:

Run your quests ONLY on Epic Elite
Run these quests with a few trusted friends who will honor your wishes of not preparing any Instant Kill spells

Only then will you find happiness within this game.
Remember, this game is not about just you and only you.

slarden
08-16-2012, 08:40 PM

Why would you want to remove options for others when the vast majority are happy that these new options exist? You do realize that you can run quests on epic elite if you wish.

slarden
08-16-2012, 08:41 PM
then you wont ever be happy with this game again.

/signed.

Tinman.pl
08-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Everything is fine and comphy but why Vorpal Strikes description is under Legendary Dreadnought part?

jcoffey
08-18-2012, 07:43 PM
Any chance of adding more item choices on the Comm vendors? Especially for the classes that didn't have many or any choices?

I like the 3 for 1 on the Comms but if there isn't anything to get for a class,which there are a few classes in this situation,comms mean little.(doesnt help they are BTC either)

Wolf_Thunderspirit
08-20-2012, 06:42 AM
Ok - Seriously. Why didn't we get a server wipe between updates? Why do I have to deal with levelling again from 20 to 25 and go through the destinies again when all I would have had to do is re-upload? *** Turbine? Anybody home over there?

Was gonna play Lamm while Thelanis was down, but I guess I won't bother now .... Not gonna grind for 3 hours ... I'll go watch a movie & make breakfast instead.

vcntmnd
08-20-2012, 06:43 AM
Any chance of adding more item choices on the Comm vendors? Especially for the classes that didn't have many or any choices?

I like the 3 for 1 on the Comms but if there isn't anything to get for a class,which there are a few classes in this situation,comms mean little.(doesnt help they are BTC either)

I actually agree, the class only item restrictions are a bit too strict, change or possibly even remove those? The decent 4 elemental caster staff is sorc(1 element) - wiz(no nullification on staff) - bard(elements wha...? I love to sing!).... and not druid(the only prestige that HAS to spec all 4 elements) thats just one example, but widening class restrictions is rarely a bad thing.

UinseanRianAchta
08-20-2012, 07:30 AM
I was reading through the release notes and they said the broken free LR for new toons was fixed.

Was that updated today? Because I tried to LR yesterday and still could not get a free one on any of my toons that were made post-u14.

irnimnode
08-22-2012, 12:30 PM
so how long will the server be down ???

Buttkierownsmade
08-23-2012, 08:10 AM
so how long will the server be down ???

untill U15.1 goes test because live was updated to U15 earlier that's why lama is down

MrElusiveness
08-24-2012, 12:12 PM
You missed it.

Characters with the Trapmaking feat should once again have a chance to scavenge trap parts when successfully disarming traps.

well does not matter now , since their quick fix... they rebroke trap part drops..AGAIN! Having something work for only a few days and then taking it away again, seems to be the dev's tactics. My rog is on strike once again.

Buttkierownsmade
08-30-2012, 02:52 AM
When is U15.1 coming online for beta?? I want to be with my girl. :'(