PDA

View Full Version : DDO Market

Tensimir
08-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Sorry for a noob question. I want to buy a druid pack in the market, but not sure how to use it right. I have PayPal, credit card and so on, this is not the problem.
The problem is that I can't see any way to log in into the market. When I choose the pack that I want to buy and go to "checkout", there are few slots that I must fill to CREATE an account. Is it some special market account or what?

And if I buy this pack with PayPal while creating a new account, where can I choose to move the content to my main account? I am so confused. Why do they not explain this? I tried to google and found no instructions about this. How do you bind your packs from the market to the game account?

WargamerIV
08-08-2012, 07:11 PM
You need to first have the Turbopoints (which you can buy or earn by playing). You can use a credit card (and probably Paypal) to buy Turbopoints.

shadereaper33
08-08-2012, 07:31 PM
You need to first have the Turbopoints (which you can buy or earn by playing). You can use a credit card (and probably Paypal) to buy Turbopoints.

Turbine Points are used for the DDO Store, which is the in-game shop. I believe what the OP is asking about is the out of game DDO marketplace, which only takes cash, not TP. Unfortunately, I haven't used the marketplace, so I can't actually answer your question, OP.

Tenchi
08-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Sorry for a noob question. I want to buy a druid pack in the market, but not sure how to use it right. I have PayPal, credit card and so on, this is not the problem.
The problem is that I can't see any way to log in into the market. When I choose the pack that I want to buy and go to "checkout", there are few slots that I must fill to CREATE an account. Is it some special market account or what?

And if I buy this pack with PayPal while creating a new account, where can I choose to move the content to my main account? I am so confused. Why do they not explain this? I tried to google and found no instructions about this. How do you bind your packs from the market to the game account?

I understand the confusion. They did this with the expansion too.

The new DDO Market is actually processed through Digital River, a third-party reseller for Turbine Codes. If this works the same way as the Expansion, what you should get is a screen at the end of you payment that contains a code that you can apply to your account at http://myaccount.turbine.com/. Instructions will be there at the same screen, and will be sent to you via emal.

Here is are some additional information on how the code works:

========================================

1) Go to https://myaccount.turbine.com/

2) In the bottom left section of the page, log in with the username and password that you use for the game.

3) Paste (or type) your product key into the product key field and submit.

4) Select "Yes" that you want to Upgrade your current subscription.

5) If you would like to remain on a current VIP plan, select that plan again and submit.

If you do not want to subscribe at this time, please select "Game Card or Other Payment Methods".
Then check off "I don't have one right now, I will enter one later."

6) Finally, regardless of your payment options, check "I agree to the Payment Method, Subscription Terms and Conditions, Terms of Service and Privacy Policy." and Submit.

7) This will upgrade your existing subscription, and provide the pre-order bonuses to all of your existing characters! Simply restart the game and enjoy!

====================================

Worst case: Screenshot your payment received screen and ask customer service to fix it. But you should not have any problems.

Tensimir
08-09-2012, 05:10 AM
Thank you very much for your answer! Going to try :)

Tensimir
08-09-2012, 05:26 AM
Another question: will the Druid Pack upgrade my account to premium?
On the site is written that you can get premium by buying VIP for some time, or by bying turbine points at the store. Druid pack is not any of those. Is just opens a class and gives a tome of learning.
If it does not give premium, it would be better to open the class with turbine points (which WILL actually give the premium).

Rip-V-Winkle
08-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Another question: will the Druid Pack upgrade my account to premium?
On the site is written that you can get premium by buying VIP for some time, or by bying turbine points at the store. Druid pack is not any of those. Is just opens a class and gives a tome of learning.
If it does not give premium, it would be better to open the class with turbine points (which WILL actually give the premium).

Just by you buying any content of any sort Upgrades you to Premium. It may not show up I had to put a support ticket in to get my account set right.

FranOhmsford
08-18-2012, 12:01 PM
i do not have PayPal and won't ever have PayPal - So I selected Click And Buy - BIG MISTAKE

I won't be using the DDO Market as there is no way for me to actually buy anything off the DDO Market.

Click and Buy btw is useless to me as they insist on a Mobile Phone Number - Something which I no longer have and haven't needed for many years!

Uska
08-18-2012, 12:36 PM
i do not have PayPal and won't ever have PayPal - So I selected Click And Buy - BIG MISTAKE

I won't be using the DDO Market as there is no way for me to actually buy anything off the DDO Market.

Click and Buy btw is useless to me as they insist on a Mobile Phone Number - Something which I no longer have and haven't needed for many years!

cant you get one of those reloadable credit cards? and darn I forget the name of it my wife uses it sometimes paylater or something like that.

FranOhmsford
08-18-2012, 03:37 PM
cant you get one of those reloadable credit cards? and darn I forget the name of it my wife uses it sometimes paylater or something like that.

I have a perfectly good credit card - Which works fine for DDO, Amazon, Lovefilm, Waterstones Etc.

None of these insist on me using an outside network that needs me to have a mobile phone for some unknown reason.

Every one of them is perfectly happy to send me confirmation via E-Mail.

I use my Credit Card because I do not wish to use sites like PayPal!

Now I'm forced to use these sites if I wish to purchase something from the DDO Market - No thank you!

Dysmetria
08-18-2012, 04:17 PM
I have a perfectly good credit card - Which works fine for DDO, Amazon, Lovefilm, Waterstones Etc.

None of these insist on me using an outside network that needs me to have a mobile phone for some unknown reason.

Every one of them is perfectly happy to send me confirmation via E-Mail.

I use my Credit Card because I do not wish to use sites like PayPal!

Now I'm forced to use these sites if I wish to purchase something from the DDO Market - No thank you!I'm not sure what your issue is. I used my credit card on the DDO Market, and they did not ask me for a mobile phone number. I was ingame making a druid in under 5 minutes after first visiting the DDO Market site.

blkcat1028
08-18-2012, 06:24 PM
You can also use your credit card through paypal without having an account. There should be an option on the left side of the log-in screen.