PDA

View Full Version : Add Race Change to DDO Store!

Delacroix21
08-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Please add this option to the DDO Store, everything else is there but this. I plan on purchasing this more than once, and can see many many many others doing likewise.

No reason for it to be left out.

<<<<<<<EDIT>>>>>>>
Apparently I need to explain how this would be possible due to feat issues etc. Through a similar mechanic to a lesser or greater reincarnation. There!

CavernDragon
08-07-2012, 07:30 PM
I'd spend some TP for that :D

Zorth
08-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Wow! I just smoked some of what the OP said, and yes, I agree!

p.s. Just kidding

I have no idea what this thread is about.

Popcorn? or a pillow?

CaptainSpacePony
08-07-2012, 08:17 PM
I disagree. If you want a new race I suggest TRing or rerolling. I can see NO flavor based reason for this request.

Zorth
08-07-2012, 08:21 PM
It could be possible to move souls from one body to another.
Cavern Dragon I agree with you. I would spend Turbine points to instantly change from one Race to another.

I just dropped my popcorn and burned my pillow, sorry this is stupid.

t0r012
08-07-2012, 08:47 PM
How is it you think they should handle build point change that would have to accompany a race change?
What about something like a humans bonus feat? Or a half elf dilly?

I think there is a reason you don't see it in the store.
-------

Anyway, not signed ( nothing to do with technical problems above )

OverlordOfRats
08-07-2012, 08:58 PM
That would be a nice addition.

Tired of that drow fighter you made because drows are just that cool. You want to switch to the shiny new half-orc you just bought. You don't want to run up to level 20 and through a TR. Buy a race swap from the DDO store.

It would have to be a form of reincarnation. To many problems with base statistics, feats, skills, and granted abilities changing to do it any other way.

Ancient
08-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Yes please!

pie2655
08-07-2012, 09:08 PM
D'oh the OP is genius!

Dwarfo
08-07-2012, 09:17 PM
How is it you think they should handle build point change that would have to accompany a race change?

You hit it spot on.

/notsigned.

Dwarfo
08-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Not sure if it's against the rules to falsely quote someone like but it's certainly not good etiquette.
He's on a roll tonight :D

pie2655
08-07-2012, 09:53 PM
sure it's not against the rules to falsely quote someone like but it's certainly very good etiquette.

/signed, race does make a big enough difference for it to be necessary, this would lead to more diversity.

Glad you see it my way

Therigar
08-07-2012, 10:05 PM
It is a great idea and I endorse it.

I don't even care about the repercussions of people who want to jump from one race to the other multiple times. In the big scheme of things what does it matter?

I would make it a type of greater/lesser reincarnation. Simply open up the character race option in the same way that character class option opens up.

While on the subject, I'd also support a gender change option performed in a similar way -- as a reincarnation choice.

Absolutely signed on to the idea of adding a race change mechanic via the DDO store.

Rian
08-07-2012, 10:06 PM
I disagree. If you want a new race I suggest TRing or rerolling. I can see NO flavor based reason for this request.

Flavor isn't the ONLY reason to add things into the game.
If there's money to be made, and Turbine can correctly implement it, they will.

I wouldn't mind it, so I'm not opposed to it, however I most likely wouldn't use it because I am satisfied with most of my characters.

xxScoobyDooxx
08-07-2012, 10:09 PM

-------

Make it a more expensive LR option (LR with race change or standard LR as it is now). Pay more TP and get the option to change your race as well when you LR.

Your problem is now solved so sign it!!! :)

/signed

Delacroix21
08-08-2012, 12:29 AM

-------

[II By making it similar to a lesser or greater reincarnate. I thought that was obvious.[/I]

Saravis
08-08-2012, 12:38 AM
It would really only work as an added option to LR/GR, too many issues with differences between races.

Forgeborn
08-08-2012, 12:52 AM

-------

Quite simple, as it would not be 'just' a race change, it would be a lesser reincarnation + race change rolled into one, sorta like the lesser hearts of wood +x that allow you to swap out class levels.

without requiring a true reincarnation we can:
swap feats (so sensible to 'forget' to use improved tactics feats, or suddenly get weak willed /sarcasm)
swap skills (makes so much sense to completely forget how to locate or disable a trap)
swap appearance (facelift actually sorta makes sense)
swap stat allocation (going from being able to lift a ton to barely being able to dent a pack of butter)
swap alignments (go from upholding the highest ideals of law and order to just saying F it and do whatever you like)

but somehow going from male to female or visa versa, or going from h.orc to h.elf is more farfetched then that?

twigzz
08-08-2012, 01:24 AM
I'd throw down some TP on this! :D

/signed

MsEricka
08-08-2012, 04:03 AM
Not a yes or no.

With current in-game mechanics simply changing race would break some characters (feats, stats). As others have said it would need to be a lesser restoration as well. If it was released the price better be pretty darn high, at least 500TP higher than a current LR.

Valakai
08-08-2012, 06:58 AM
/signed.

Add it to lesser heart of wood (say supreme lesser heart of wood) with +500tp cost.

zerit2002
08-08-2012, 08:13 AM
/signed

Also, it would be nice to be able to change gender with TR.
Just because I like the male or female appearance of a certain race doesnt mean i like the male or female appearance of EVERY race...
Female horcs would be a good example :S

Cetus
08-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Definitely agree.

Its very easy to implement- new type of lesser heart that allows you to switch your race when you LR.

Done.

That would be something I'd spend TP on.

flaggson
08-08-2012, 09:50 AM
I see no reason not to add it in.

Does it have an impact on my gameplay: no
Does it really matter: no
Will it earn Turbine more money: yes
Will I buy one: maybe, but probably not

It's not game breaking, and even if some people think its ridiculous because they would never buy one, or they view TR'ing as easier, the fact that it exists would not effect them

Oh I'm sure someone could spout strawman about how it effects them, but in the end... their just blowin steam out their rear end

dterror
08-08-2012, 10:25 AM

And there is a 'flavor based' reason to have lesser or greater reincarnations in the game to allow you to respec your existing character in other ways?

How about this 'flavor based' reason. Very loosely flavor based, I admit, but here it is.
Racial traits that are bugged and broken. I have a friend who played a WF barbarian and was having nothing but trouble getting to 20 for a TR after update 14. For a couple days he had 0% positive healing vulnerability, all that would show were 0's when trying to heal him, after he had respecced AP to drop all his healer's friend ranks because someone told him they were totally broken and didn't work, and every day he stated several times he wished Turbine would allow race changes so he could get out of a race he now hated with a passion.

He's hit 20 and TR into H-Orc barb, so it's not an issue for him anymore....but how about all the OTHER WF players currently who might jump all over a chance to do an LR + Race?

How about all the other races in the future who might get some critical aspect of their race broken by an update and might want to switch to a playable race as a result?

Absolutely /signed.

As for price, should be the same as a LR +1, and not some ridiculous +500 more than a standard LR.

CavernDragon
08-08-2012, 11:26 AM
I would see this as more of along the lines of a Polymorph Self spell. Treat it like a GR so you can take advantage of the new you. But make it cost. The is d&d, anything can be possible for a price.

Delacroix21
08-09-2012, 12:29 AM
I would see this as more of along the lines of a Polymorph Self spell. Treat it like a GR so you can take advantage of the new you. But make it cost. The is d&d, anything can be possible for a price.

Very true!

But in all seriousness a race change feature is a nice feature for both making Turbine money, and keeping players happy.

Speaking from personal experience, simply starting a new character all over again from scratch is a daunting task, especially if you have allready done the old content to death and are simply bored with it. I have 3 capped toons, and when I want to try a new class I LR +5 4 times (over 4 weeks, hate that part) rather than reroll. I have rerolled dozens of times previously and will not do it again. Been playing DDO since beta, been there done that.

The only thing missing for me (now with the allignment change, yay!) is the ability to change my race. please add this feature, Im dying for it!:D

Lazarus8
08-09-2012, 01:03 AM
Hey that's a GREAT idea. Now when Turbine F**ks up a race we can all give them MORE money, not use the race (even if paid for ) anymore and give them the incentive NOT to fix it!!! Champion idea there. Surprised THEY haven't thought about that yet!

/not signed

NOTE: If they fixed the game I could see it as being a possible option. The state of the game today and the way they fubard WF and other content dictates not.

Delacroix21
08-13-2012, 03:08 AM
Hey that's a GREAT idea. Now when Turbine F**ks up a race we can all give them MORE money, not use the race (even if paid for ) anymore and give them the incentive NOT to fix it!!! Champion idea there. Surprised THEY haven't thought about that yet!

/not signed

NOTE: If they fixed the game I could see it as being a possible option. The state of the game today and the way they fubard WF and other content dictates not.

Lets dail it down a bit. This is a great game that needs some fine tuning at times like any. Race change is to give players the option to try races (even if for mere asethetic reasons) that they would now like without starting all over again.

slimkj
08-13-2012, 05:57 AM
Yes please to Race Reincarnation.

Delacroix21
08-15-2012, 12:13 PM
I really just cant wait for this, a great oppertunity to switch some race/class combos of my characters around!

Delacroix21
08-23-2012, 11:05 PM
any word?

Alavatar
08-24-2012, 12:32 PM
/signed.

Oh, and this sounds familiar. :)

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=320589

V_mad_jester_V
08-24-2012, 05:30 PM

/not signed

uh, not so, they dont want to loose money from the wf being broken. They WILL fix wf cuz they want to make money off of what they programmed. So i dont see any logic with this statement.

long story short /signed to the op

many a time have i thought up a whacky build, picked a race i thought maybe helpful, find out end game that it wasnt the optimal race, and had to reroll a level 12+ toon, pick the new race and hope i picked right this time around.

Alavatar
08-30-2012, 11:09 AM
This is a good idea.

Make it so.

<insert Picard "Make it so" picture>

Nodoze
11-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Was going to start a new request for this but found this thread.

With all the changes (nerfs or what not) it is a fair thing to request/allow.

Please make a reincarnate option for this even if it costs more TPs or whatever. Good for players and good for turbine.

Having to level 1-25 or re-level 1-25 is just to change one's race not practical for many.

Sebs
11-27-2012, 06:26 PM
I was hoping to find this in the store already!

Bump for a good idea.

Delacroix21
06-26-2013, 03:57 PM
I just have to resurrect this thread, this is still a very much desired feature that I would love to buy.