PDA

View Full Version : Sunder essences by 10

belaf52
08-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Please add a option for the essence trader : 10 greater essences for 50 lesser...

Siro
08-06-2012, 08:17 PM
This is a great idea.

masterzzan
08-09-2012, 08:53 AM
been asked for by many (yours truly as well). and trust me when you reach level 120+ in crafting, 10 per click wont be good enough. you need thousands for a +11 potential unbound and up. make em at 1 ,10 or 100 per click.

Syllph
08-09-2012, 08:57 AM
agreed. At 120 crafting I'm not limited to my mats at this point I'm stuck here because my wrist will break trying to click over my greaters to lessers. I need about 2-300 per shard crafted so it winds up being hundreds of clicks just to run back to the crafting machine to click like 4 times and the process repeats. Very annoying.

Dandonk
08-09-2012, 09:05 AM
Wouldn't mind a 10 and a 100 option. I have 1000+ of each greater now, but running low on lessers and can't stand the prospect of deconning for hours to get them sundered.

Noctus
08-09-2012, 09:13 AM
/oh soooo signed!

This smalltime sundering like now adds literally nothing to the game except grind of the stupidest sort there is. Mindless clicking for hundreds of times without a single thought in between.

I personally have been reading a magazine when sundering essences.

Miow
08-09-2012, 09:20 AM
I was like click click click click...click click click click...click click click click...click click click click...click click click click...click click click click...click click click click...click click click click...click click click click...click click click click...click click click click...click click click click...click click click click...click click click click...click click click click...click click click click...click click click click...click click click click...click click click click...click click click click...

My wife looks over at me and is like wtheck are you doing? Me, i'm like sundering essences. She says that doesn't look fun.Me, nope it isn't at all.

themoonbreaker
08-09-2012, 09:21 AM
/signed, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. This has been requested ever since the barter box interface was introduced.

Silverwren
08-09-2012, 09:32 AM
While I agree with the OP, I think it might be better to have an option similar to one that already exists when purchasing items from vendors, wherein a CTRL + left click brings up a dialog box that specifically asks you how many you'd like to purchase.

A CTRL + left click should bring up a dialog box that asks "How many essences would you like to sunder?". This would be a HUGE time saver.

Dwarfo
08-09-2012, 09:41 AM
While I agree with the OP, I think it might be better to have an option similar to one that already exists when purchasing items from vendors, wherein a CTRL + left click brings up a dialog box that specifically asks you how many you'd like to purchase.

A CTRL + left click should bring up a dialog box that asks "How many essences would you like to sunder?". This would be a HUGE time saver.

Yeah this, just like they have with pots/scrolls/ingreds.

I would craft alot more.

khattiya
08-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Ctrl-left clicking on an item when trying to purchase something from a vendor gives you a little pop-up window where you can enter the number of items you want to buy. It seems like something similar would be perfect here.

+1 Silverwren for posting the same idea, and typing much faster.

CaptainSpacePony
08-09-2012, 11:28 AM
yes

HungarianRhapsody
08-09-2012, 12:08 PM
I downloaded a windows macro recorder to do my essence sundering for me.

It's truly sad that Turbine made a portion of the game so tedious that I ended up downloading and using a macro recorder - especially when a single additional recipe in the trade-for-essences window would eliminate that need.

1 for 5
100 for 500

Problem solved.

nebogloee
08-09-2012, 01:33 PM

It's truly sad that Turbine made a portion of the game so tedious that I ended up downloading and using a macro recorder - especially when a single additional recipe in the trade-for-essences window would eliminate that need.

1 for 5
100 for 500

Problem solved.

/signed. /double signed. Turbine, get on it.

MRMechMan
08-09-2012, 01:36 PM
/signed, absolutely.

Silverwren
08-10-2012, 08:13 AM

1 for 5
100 for 500

Problem solved.

I'm still leaning toward a dialog box. I may not want to sunder 100 essences. I may only want 50. That's 50 clicks at 1:5. Besides, the coding is already there. It just needs to be applied to essences.

Kinerd
08-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Because the barter box is significantly different from the inventory/vendor windows, I would go a different way.

We all know Turbine loves scads of options in the barter box. Why not have something where if you put in X Greater Y essences, you get a list of choices...

X/2 Greater Z essences
X/5 Lesser Y essences
X/10 Epic Dizfrabadoo Widgets

...and so on. Or in the case of Challenge ingredients, down the line from x/2, x/4, x/8, x/16 (as well as x/300 items, x/150 tokens, x/150 potions, etc.). This way you don't have to try and shoehorn the ctrl-click into the barter box (with no doubt disastrous results), we just use it in the inventory window and let the barter box math it out for us.

Merconas
08-10-2012, 06:56 PM
..because it makes so much sense to require 1000's of essences just to craft an item for a level 15 character? :eek:

Nice to have been playing when Essences dropped in a regular enough occurence to end up with 1000 of each Greater I suppose? I get like 9 for one level 16 with 2 Dragons in it. I can't even make a simple Shard with that, unless it happens to be a +1 Spot or something.

Broken.

I say reduce the number of Essences required in one fashion or another, though reduced clicks for sundering might be nice too.

Bound vs. Unbound.. Why not just make Unbound the norm, stop making everything bind on equip even when it is Unbound, and make Unbound the same as Bound is currently with regard to crafting level requirements.

Not everybody has the luxury of farming Essences back when they were quest rewards and dropped in droves.

HungarianRhapsody
08-10-2012, 07:48 PM
..because it makes so much sense to require 1000's of essences just to craft an item for a level 15 character? :eek:

Nice to have been playing when Essences dropped in a regular enough occurence to end up with 1000 of each Greater I suppose? I get like 9 for one level 16 with 2 Dragons in it. I can't even make a simple Shard with that, unless it happens to be a +1 Spot or something.

Broken.

I say reduce the number of Essences required in one fashion or another, though reduced clicks for sundering might be nice too.

Bound vs. Unbound.. Why not just make Unbound the norm, stop making everything bind on equip even when it is Unbound, and make Unbound the same as Bound is currently with regard to crafting level requirements.

Not everybody has the luxury of farming Essences back when they were quest rewards and dropped in droves.

Just so you know, I don't get most of my essences from chests or from deconstruction. I buy them in /trade for between 200 and 250 plat per essence. There are hundreds of thousands of essences waiting for a good home in /trade in House K, Marketplace and Harbor.

Anyone who did have the "luxury of farming Essences back when they were quest rewards and dropped in droves" has long since used those shards up either leveling their crafter or making shards for friends and neighbors.

Merconas
08-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Just so you know, I don't get most of my essences from chests or from deconstruction. I buy them in /trade for between 200 and 250 plat per essence. There are hundreds of thousands of essences waiting for a good home in /trade in House K, Marketplace and Harbor.

Anyone who did have the "luxury of farming Essences back when they were quest rewards and dropped in droves" has long since used those shards up either leveling their crafter or making shards for friends and neighbors.

If that was true, you wouldn't have anybody to buy them off of for 200-250 Plat per Essence. It's 100 Plat per Lesser and 500 Plat per Greater on my server btw. The people selling them don't use them btw, they just sell them, so they couldn't possibly have used them up.

Rather, they stock-piled when the getting was good because they knew that Turbine would eventually nerf them, (like everything else before), and then they'd be worth loads to foolish buyers who didn't have the same opportunities they did. What they failed to comnsider, is that-for some people-they're obviously not worth it.

Why you would buy them for that or even what you're apparently paying is quite beyond me , considering the item you craft from them is going to be the equivalent-or much less than the equivalent-of something worth 1/100th the Plat you paid for them.

A more realistic value for these things would be about 1 gold per Lesser and 5-10 Gold per Greater. The fact that you're paying in Plat at all is absurd, much more absurd is how much you're paying.

HungarianRhapsody
08-10-2012, 11:28 PM
If that was true, you wouldn't have anybody to buy them off of for 200-250 Plat per Essence. It's 100 Plat per Lesser and 500 Plat per Greater on my server btw. The people selling them don't use them btw, they just sell them, so they couldn't possibly have used them up.

Rather, they stock-piled when the getting was good because they knew that Turbine would eventually nerf them, (like everything else before), and then they'd be worth loads to foolish buyers who didn't have the same opportunities they did. What they failed to comnsider, is that-for some people-they're obviously not worth it.

Why you would buy them for that or even what you're apparently paying is quite beyond me , considering the item you craft from them is going to be the equivalent-or much less than the equivalent-of something worth 1/100th the Plat you paid for them.

A more realistic value for these things would be about 1 gold per Lesser and 5-10 Gold per Greater. The fact that you're paying in Plat at all is absurd, much more absurd is how much you're paying.

Most DDO players don't do anything with the essences that they acquire (aside from selling them). I don't do anything with the plat that I acquire (aside from buying things).

Seems like a good match to me.

Ilindith
08-11-2012, 12:29 AM
They should definitely add an option to sunder more than 1 essence at a time.

I bought a few thousand essences last week to get my crafting levels higher and it ended up being a 4 hours crafting session...90% of it being just clicking...and clicking...and clicking...

susiedupfer
08-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Yes, please on the pop up dialogue box.

Postumus
08-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Or just change the recipes over a certain level to only use greaters.

azrael4h
08-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Really, I think the amounts required by many of the shards are excessive. Reduce the essence requirements considerably, and make it up by adding those stupid worthless collectibles that no one has a use for instead (in small numbers, no more than 2-3 at most).

My crafter is stuck because I refuse to bother with it. It's not like what you can craft is any good past the mid-level anyway; beyond that you'll be wanting named/epic gear instead.

CaptainSpacePony
08-11-2012, 04:15 PM
I bought a few thousand essences last week to get my crafting levels higher and it ended up being a 4 hours crafting session...90% of it being just clicking...and clicking...and clicking...

Pretty much summed it up right there.

pitong
08-12-2012, 06:07 PM
the best option imo would be to just enter exact number of essences to trade, but 10->50 will be great too
/signed

for those who dont want to spend much time clicking - use autoclickers, i worked fine for me at crystal cove, i made hundreads of elementals by setting autoclicker to trade and go eat

porq
08-12-2012, 08:41 PM
/signed. I would love to stop clicking so much.

Until then, I'll just wish I had this setup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iapECJKx4k0

karatemack
08-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Please add a option for the essence trader : 10 greater essences for 50 lesser...

Barter window with many options would be awesome.

Silverwren
08-13-2012, 09:28 AM

The simple answer to your question is because the market would then be flooded with items not meant to be used by low level toons. In other words, you could potentially have level 4 toons walking around with +5 flaming burst great swords of pure good, for example. While that may sound like fun, it's not a good idea.

Really, I think the amounts required by many of the shards are excessive. Reduce the essence requirements considerably, and make it up by adding those stupid worthless collectibles that no one has a use for instead (in small numbers, no more than 2-3 at most).

I don't know if you know it, but collectables are already requirements in some Cannith crafting recipes, as well as other forms such as Alchemical.