PDA

View Full Version : Bug submission received register

MeliCat
08-02-2012, 06:26 PM
A lot of don't have any faith that the bug report tool is getting the bugs that we take the time to put in. Sometimes I get an email, sometimes I get a PM, sometimes I get both and sometimes I get nothing.

What about a register here for us to see if our bugs actually made it through the submission process?

So it might work like the following:
- submit bug via in game or (if you're like me and in game never works) via the forum
- on clicking submit you get a submission number
- the same /page either in-game or website then displays or you can look up under your own name that you bug has been submitted.

What would be displayed is submission number that's it.

Possibly for bug improvement you may consider including a feedback field - nothing too inflammatory. So 'accepted' 'insufficient information to be used' 'location needed'

If this list was only available to the person logged in then display say subject.

Otherwise a public list may be too intimidating/ competitive/ etc to do much more than the submission number and a brief feedback as above.

Email and PMs are too open loop guys. We need a look up server side

Edit: submission number different to bug number and does not need to be further tracked once statused.

Kinerd
08-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Love it! Awesome suggestion.