PDA

View Full Version : Upsides of beeing on Wayfinder

Nestroy
08-02-2012, 05:55 AM
Assuming that we all already know about the downsides of being on Wayfinder (from A like AH, where nothing useful might be found to Z like Zonixx´s guild, we miss a high level guild on the server!). Assuming there are upsides as well - which upsides do you know?

My list is short, but I really like Wayfinder for this:
+ Not too overcrowded.
+ Less lag.
+ No problems to enter server.
+ No (or significantly less) spam bots (trades, requests to join groups, guilds, etc.).
+ More familiarity with other high-up players. It is easier to keep track of them and their progess throughout DDO.

Modulex
08-02-2012, 06:50 AM
You forgot to advertise, that we don't get our ship amenities wiped in every update ^^

Drachenzorncheffe
08-02-2012, 07:11 AM
I like Wayfinder too !

Nice server nice ppl :)

Dunklerlindwurm
08-02-2012, 07:12 AM
Another upsite is that you get bored fast and can do something else...like get a real life again :)

sdrocky
08-03-2012, 01:46 AM
No agro chat from the brawlpits.
No noise from the brawlpits.
No random challenges to pvp.
No f---wits.
Minimal LAG.

Shadow7375
08-03-2012, 01:55 AM
The only upside that comes to mind is that there is a whole bunch of really nice, friendly players on Wayfinder.

Or at least that was the case while I was still actively playing on that server before I decided to start over on Orien.

I hope Wayfinder has picked up a bit over the past couple of months and those who are still there have fun and are able to quest a lot, also the new MotU content.

If not then it's a shame and Turbine should allow folks to transfer out of Wayfinder as asked for by so many in the past including myself.

countfitz
08-03-2012, 02:05 AM
You forgot to advertise, that we don't get our ship amenities wiped in every update ^^

***? Is that true? Why didn't that happen to you guys?

Nestroy
08-03-2012, 04:19 AM
***? Is that true? Why didn't that happen to you guys?

Yes, that´s true, at least for my guild. Might as well have to do with the fact that there are no guilds above Lv. 70 and ony a hand full of guilds above lv. 50 anyway. I do not know much about the guild mechanics and the code used by ddo. But it seems the guild and guild ammenities data tables from Wayfinder are far less bonked and borked as those from, lets say, Thellanis.

Hopefully this will stay that way for a long time to come.

Ilmhotep
08-03-2012, 02:22 PM
The upsides:
- no elitism: most people will play with anyone available (mostly out of necessity), even if a character is not well built. No one bashing drow. You can experiment with various multiclass builds without guilt.
- guilds are friendly, probably due to the small number of players.
- no one cares about elite streak, making it easier to find people for normal and hard runs.

Personally, I like the fact that the AH is not a shopping mall of artifacts. Last I checked, there were about 20 rings on the AH, each less useful than the next. What that means is that treasure you find in chests is more valuable. Treasure becomes a worthy goal, which brings this game closer to original D&D.

fezzryn
12-31-2012, 07:03 AM
The upsides:
- no elitism: most people will play with anyone available (mostly out of necessity), even if a character is not well built. No one bashing drow. You can experiment with various multiclass builds without guilt.
- guilds are friendly, probably due to the small number of players.
- no one cares about elite streak, making it easier to find people for normal and hard runs.

Personally, I like the fact that the AH is not a shopping mall of artifacts. Last I checked, there were about 20 rings on the AH, each less useful than the next. What that means is that treasure you find in chests is more valuable. Treasure becomes a worthy goal, which brings this game closer to original D&D.

the wayfinder server is amazing no over zealous jerks no lag you get to finish a series of quest without losing connection to the server and i love being able to go to a new map and not hve to wait ten minutes for the world to load

Skar
12-31-2012, 11:10 AM
The healthiest upside of wayfinder is called Skar. Check him out :P

Flavilandile
12-31-2012, 11:53 AM
This description reminds me of old Keeper...

Nestroy
01-01-2013, 02:36 AM
The healthiest upside of wayfinder is called Skar. Check him out :P

Actually, I would vote for Singskar. Skar is a notourious elitist :P *throwingmyselfintocover*.

Keep up your good work, Skar!

BinaryS
01-07-2013, 07:24 PM
The only upside that comes to mind is that there is a whole bunch of really nice, friendly players on Wayfinder.

Never seen an unfriendly DDO-Player. Not in the "European"-Server (before the "Free to Play"-c**p starts), and never on the "Wayfinder"-Server. I dont know whats going on, on other Servers. But i think, DDO-Player are ever-friendly.

everyone who plays "StarWars: The Old Republic" or "World of Warcraft" before knows exactly what i mean.
For the others -

Zitat aus einem anderen Spiel:
"Ey da kommt der mit seinem Overgear um die ecke und CC´t mir den purple weg, den ich grade getanked habe als mein offi schon die nächste Crowd ankitet. Hab ich dem ermsa getellt das er ein kacknoob is und nur weil er n scheiß lucker is so geil rüber kommt. So ne bratze alter! Dem hau ich nie wieder die Stami mitm S-Apple auf max-stat wenn der weiter so rumruled" - Zitat ende.

Sarzor
02-13-2013, 11:17 AM
I have to admit that when I get fed up with lag on other servers, I wander over to Wayfinder.

Of course, I more or less wander away as I never see *anyone.* Walking through the Harbor makes me feel everyone is hiding in the windows staring out at me.

Talon_Moonshadow
02-13-2013, 01:06 PM
I just feel like I do not belong there.

...being only able to speak English. :(

Sarzor
02-13-2013, 03:17 PM
I just feel like I do not belong there.

...being only able to speak English. :(

Yeah, that too, but I know the quests well enough that generally I just play deaf and people don't seem to mind a lack of conversation.

Skar
02-14-2013, 12:25 AM
... except when you kill the portal keeper (Demonweb raid) where someone told in voice chat 50x not to kill them.

Zotze
02-14-2013, 07:28 AM
Doooooooooont kill the portalkeepers !!!

Finhurst
02-15-2013, 03:10 AM
... except when you kill the portal keeper (Demonweb raid) where someone told in voice chat 50x not to kill them.

Yeah sorry dude, think that was was me (my bad) but first time in so be gentle

psykopeta
02-15-2013, 07:59 AM
the wayfinder server is amazing no over zealous jerks no lag you get to finish a series of quest without losing connection to the server and i love being able to go to a new map and not hve to wait ten minutes for the world to load

i play with an 8 year old laptop with an usb modem (5Gb/month, after this download speed decreases to 128kbps)

i play in thelanis and havent had the 3 net-related issues, maybe u have something wrong with ur pc/net

jerks? are everywhere lol

DirtyHunter
02-15-2013, 08:50 AM
i like Wayfinder to!
the community there is nice!

Dortor

Serim
02-15-2013, 10:46 AM
Plenty of friendly and helpful players, who dont take DDO too seriosly. Easy to play casually and have fun.

Arkudo
05-30-2013, 11:07 AM
Wayfinder forever!! less lagged server for the entire DDO!

MarcusCleardawn
05-30-2013, 11:26 AM
Occasionally, I actually get to practice my German.

Nestroy
06-01-2013, 11:56 AM
I have another upside for Wayfinder: No BYOH LFMs...

sdrocky
06-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Wayfinder rules.

simple.

Gowenna_Stardust
06-21-2013, 05:51 AM
I have another upside for Wayfinder: No BYOH LFMs...

Oh that can be fixed easily. After like 12 months of Khyber elite drill I don't see a real problem switching over to Wayfinder and implement some elitism :P

Nestroy
06-22-2013, 11:11 AM
Oh that can be fixed easily. After like 12 months of Khyber elite drill I don't see a real problem switching over to Wayfinder and implement some elitism :P

You are most welcome. If you join Superiority Complex guild, you are running with the Elitists anyway ^^.