PDA

View Full Version : Make Ransack Notification More User Friendly

HalfORCastrator
08-01-2012, 10:50 AM
A half second message in small text at the top is not adequate.

I suggest putting a notification in general chat messaging or error messaging in the chat boxes. That way it's there even when you're distracted by what goes in your bags or party chat/loot, or any of the other variables that go on during a quest.

I also suggest making a ransack timer list. Not of the chests themselves, since that would be to dizzying with all the different chests, but just having the name of the quest the chest is in would be efficient enough. edit: Oh, also, lists the times of the first chest opening that week and the last, or if that's to much, just the first/last time the chest was opened. Or how about something like this: "Tharashk Arena - 4 days, 13 hours, 23 minutes," denoting the time left for first/last chest-opening to reset.

Cliffs:
Message in chat box of ransack timer.

/ransack (a list of quests a character has ransacked chests in)

Lagin
08-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Good idea.
Having a chat window list is a great idea.
+1

janave
08-01-2012, 01:01 PM
A half second message in small text at the top is not adequate.

I suggest putting a notification in general chat messaging or error messaging in the chat boxes. That way it's there even when you're distracted by what goes in your bags or party chat/loot, or any of the other variables that go on during a quest.

I also suggest making a ransack timer list. Not of the chests themselves, since that would be to dizzying with all the different chests, but just having the name of the quest the chest is in would be efficient enough. edit: Oh, also, lists the times of the first chest opening that week and the last, or if that's to much, just the first/last time the chest was opened. Or how about something like this: "Tharashk Arena - 4 days, 13 hours, 23 minutes," denoting the time left for first/last chest-opening to reset.

Cliffs:
Message in chat box of ransack timer.

/ransack (a list of quests a character has ransacked chests in)

Good one.

All my "commerce toons*tm" cheer in agreement.

Jay203
08-01-2012, 03:32 PM
would be helpful, but really needs to be fine-tuned
we need a way to check individual quests, not a general command that lists all of them
otherwise the list is so long our head will be spinning from trying to find the quest we are really checking