PDA

View Full Version : are the item prerequisites updated correctly?

Brendae
07-31-2012, 06:43 AM
The reason I ask is that I was considering buying a Golem companion for my level 4 Cleric and I received the error telling me that it was not available. When I select "Show all items" the text indicates that the golems are available for all classes and levels but it also tells me that they are not available for my character.

Am I missing something?

QuartermasterX
07-31-2012, 09:52 AM
The reason I ask is that I was considering buying a Golem companion for my level 4 Cleric and I received the error telling me that it was not available. When I select "Show all items" the text indicates that the golems are available for all classes and levels but it also tells me that they are not available for my character.

Am I missing something?

Yes, the Golem companion pets are available for all races, classes, and levels. In fact, once the ownership certificate is used, the pet(s) will be available for each of your characters.

Perhaps you were viewing the DDO Store during character selection? Since the Companion Pets are technically an item, they need to be bought while logged in.

Brendae
08-02-2012, 05:24 AM
Yes, the Golem companion pets are available for all races, classes, and levels. In fact, once the ownership certificate is used, the pet(s) will be available for each of your characters.

Perhaps you were viewing the DDO Store during character selection? Since the Companion Pets are technically an item, they need to be bought while logged in.

Ah, you are correct.

If I may make a suggestion - The character selection screen is the landing point for the game so you guys would probably make a bit more money if everything was available to purchase directly from that store link. (For character specific items maybe you can give an option to assign the item to a character once purchased.)

It's mainly new players like me who who are confused by these things and once one of us has made the decision to buy something you want to make it as painless as possibly to spend money.