PDA

View Full Version : Dont Drink the Water -- Boosting.

janave
07-30-2012, 07:46 AM
Hey.

Its a simple suggestion.

Increase the challenge rating of the green dragon, and up the scale drop rates appropriately.

Ransacked the chest on 3 characters seen too few scales so far. The Green Dragon is really easy on every character who is not insisting on going face to face with a stick. Save EE which is about appropriate.

Getting 1 or 2 scales before the Ransack message pops up would be great, and fair in terms of reward in my opinion, anything less is frustrating and added unnecessary grind.

tman
08-13-2012, 06:38 PM
Devs,

I do think someone should review the drop rate in Don't drink the water for Green Dragon Scales.

We ran this quest enough to sack it with 4 characters and had zero drops. We varied the difficulty between normal and hard. We were not capable of elite yet.

I understand this is an uber item, but please don't expect us to run one quest 50-100 times to get 1 green dragon scale? We do need to collect 20 of them, plus 3 raid commendations, plus 375 favor, Plus, plus....

Thanks,
Tman

danotmano1998
08-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Devs,

I do think someone should review the drop rate in Don't drink the water for Green Dragon Scales.

We ran this quest enough to sack it with 4 characters and had zero drops. We varied the difficulty between normal and hard. We were not capable of elite yet.

I've run von 6 more times than I can even remember and saw exactly ONE red scale drop in 2+ years of playing. This may be exactly what they were going for on the greens.

I bet if enough people complained, instead of upping the drop rates, you may just find green scales in the DDO store coming soon!(tm).
(Seems to be the way turbine is going lately, no?)

/Signed to removing any drop rate that has a percentage starting with .0

Kmnh
08-13-2012, 07:07 PM
The group that has been farming EE on Cannith has gotten enough scales for 2 armors. I have one guildie waiting for the last commendation so can can make it. I guess we are more lucky?

Rian
08-13-2012, 07:56 PM
I've run von 6 more times than I can even remember and saw exactly ONE red scale drop in 2+ years of playing. This may be exactly what they were going for on the greens.
/Signed to removing any drop rate that has a percentage starting with .0

Ever since the update my guild and I have run it like a few times times and multiple scales have dropped multiple times.

Zerkul
09-08-2012, 05:18 PM
The group that has been farming EE on Cannith has gotten enough scales for 2 armors. I have one guildie waiting for the last commendation so can can make it. I guess we are more lucky?
Nah we just farm on EE that's the difference :) .

Tid12
09-08-2012, 06:48 PM

EE Green scales drop rates aren't different from normal drop rates. You are just more lucky. I've ransacked this chest 3 - THREE - time on EE with ZERO drops. Ransacked once on Normal with 2 scales for me.

Diyon
09-08-2012, 08:57 PM
EE Green scales drop rates aren't different from normal drop rates. You are just more lucky. I've ransacked this chest 3 - THREE - time on EE with ZERO drops. Ransacked once on Normal with 2 scales for me.

To be fair, statistically speaking, it could be you who was unlucky.

janave
09-09-2012, 02:29 AM

Ranging away safely from your cosy spot where he cannot reach, yea great victory :). Well its not your fault, it should have been discovered by the TESTERs of the game, if they have any.

Kmnh
09-09-2012, 02:36 AM
The one boost I would do to thisd quest on elite is to remove the... ahem, "terrain advantage". Standing at a safe spot and using a thrower does not make an epic fight.

Zerkul
09-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Ranging away safely from your cosy spot where he cannot reach, yea great victory :). Well its not your fault, it should have been discovered by the TESTERs of the game, if they have any.

The one boost I would do to thisd quest on elite is to remove the... ahem, "terrain advantage". Standing at a safe spot and using a thrower does not make an epic fight.

I have to agree about the "terreain advantage" ... but i have to say as well that when on caster i stand on the ledge but on melee i'm able to melee the dragon so i contribute to dps at his feet, 90% i don't die but the dragon is just ******** in melee he knocks you down 99%, does insane damage and wings you far away with just a fart. In my humble opinion not that fair fight in melee :/ .

ivorygem
09-09-2012, 10:45 PM
I've done this ...probably 7 times now, three of those on elite. I've seen one dragon scale drop.

Ivory

psi0nix
09-09-2012, 11:23 PM
19 times I've completed this quest, I have 2 scales......

It's a joke.

I run it on elite and hard. Funny thing is the 1st time I ran it on normal I got a scale. And the first time on elite I got a scale, since then nothing.

I've been trying the hard / elite runs because I figure they have to have a higher drop rate than normal right . .. .

At this rate it will take upwards of 200 + runs to get 20 scales. Worth it ? NO.

sirgog
09-10-2012, 12:31 AM
I've never seen a scale drop on Hard but have seen a fair number on Normal and Elite.