PDA

View Full Version : Bound items...

mobrien316
07-29-2012, 12:22 PM
If you are new and you are in a group with some vets and you want some of the unique items in the quest or chain you are running, you need to speak up before the loot is removed from the chest.

Some items are bound to account, meaning that if I pick it up, I can put it in the bank and have another one of my characters pick it up, but I can't give it to another player.

Other items are bound to character, meaning once I pick it up (or in some cases, once I equip it) I cannot give it to any other character, including another character of mine.

Very often, vets will have no problem with passing over certain bound items to you, as long as you ask for them in time. Stuff that seems pretty cool to a new player is very likely inferior to stuff a TR is already wearing.

A couple of days ago I was doing Blockade Buster in a three man group with my fourth-life sorcerer. When I opened one of the chests on the ship I just hit "Loot" without really looking, since there really isn't anything in that chest except the Wind Howler Bracers.

As it turns out, for some reason the monk in the group really wanted the bracers. About a minute after I looted them, when we were already back on the raft, he asked if he could have them. I said that they were bound to account and apologized, saying that if I had known he wanted them I would have given them to him. He got upset that I wouldn't give them to him right now, and wound up ragequitting a minute or two later. I am assuming he does not know know what "bound" means, which is the purpose of this post.

BTW, I have always though the Wind Howler bracers would be pretty good if the minimum level was around 3 or 4. At ML13, they are pretty close to useless, in my opinion.