PDA

View Full Version : Ring of Divine Essence

Chette
07-28-2012, 12:18 AM
Man, slotting spell power on a melee divine is a huge pain post update. Arcanes get some amazing items like:

Epic cloak of flames, epic rock boots, epic bracers of wind - all have 90 spell power and superior lore, not armor or weapon items.

Epic ring of elemental essence - 90 spell power to ALL four elements

What do divines have? Erm...beacon of tira I guess? A level 15 turn in from Abbot with 76 spell power for light and positive? A few random loot gen hats or rings with maybe 96 or 102 spell power to a single damage type and no lore.

I'd like to see a compliment to the ring of elemental essence called the ring of divine essence with 90 spell power to positive, light, fire and untyped damage. Come on devs, through us a bone, show us that you actually care about the viability of melee divines post update. We're trying to work with this new system, but you're not making it particularly easy.

phillymiket
07-28-2012, 12:22 AM
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8500/holysymboloflolth.jpg

I think the only thing you dont hold in your hand that gives an implement bonus in the game now. (maybe wrong there)

Chette
07-28-2012, 12:28 AM
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8500/holysymboloflolth.jpg

I think the only thing you dont hold in your hand that gives an implement bonus in the game now. (maybe wrong there)

Tis indeed nice, but sadly lacking in devotion, probably the most important spell power for a divine. I'd even give up the 15 implement bonus and any lores if I could just get the usefull spell powers consolidated.

sirgog
07-28-2012, 12:40 AM
Holy Symbol of Lolth for Impulse and Radiance. Random lootgen Devotion 108 helmet (ML24, rare but not super rare, check your local Faerun broker) fills the glaring gap on that item.

Also of note: Crit heals matter a bit more now when tankhealing. There's a ring from Clerics turnins that is high quality and has Superior Healing Lore. Radiance Lore is very hard to slot and being melee you will probably miss out on it (only option is random lootgen armor or maybe the silly epic quarterstaff from U13 for some builds).

Chette
07-28-2012, 01:30 AM
Holy Symbol of Lolth for Impulse and Radiance. Random lootgen Devotion 108 helmet (ML24, rare but not super rare, check your local Faerun broker) fills the glaring gap on that item.

Also of note: Crit heals matter a bit more now when tankhealing. There's a ring from Clerics turnins that is high quality and has Superior Healing Lore. Radiance Lore is very hard to slot and being melee you will probably miss out on it (only option is random lootgen armor or maybe the silly epic quarterstaff from U13 for some builds).

Yes, of course, as I mentioned in my original post, devotion is available on random lootgen items. I'm aware of what items are available, my point is that divine spells don't have nearly the consolidation potential as arcane spells, and some attention to that by the devs would be appreciated, especially since there are for more melee divines out there than there are melee arcanes.

phillymiket
07-28-2012, 02:22 AM
Yes, of course, as I mentioned in my original post, devotion is available on random lootgen items. I'm aware of what items are available, my point is that divine spells don't have nearly the consolidation potential as arcane spells, and some attention to that by the devs would be appreciated, especially since there are for more melee divines out there than there are melee arcanes.

I think the Lolth symbol covers offense very well (DP, BB most importantly)

It also gives that implement bonus so anything else you cast that needs a boost gets that benefit as well.
Better then the 90 SP for the challenge gear and most epics for arcane and divine both.

If you are melee could you not have weak-sauce heals until the time came when you needed to switch roles and would then switch to a hjeal stick for healing a party?

Or as mentioned above find a ring or hat for devotion?
Devotion is the only other thing you need to cover.
Maybe combustion depending.

Lore is the real challenge.
An arcane lore item (not a weapon or staff) is the biggest thing missing for melee divine IMO.

My divine is wearing the blue dragonscale still for the arcane lore with the Lolth symbol.
I deal with the weak potency of the armor for heals and put the sword away and pull out a scepter when I need more heal power.

Anyway, arcanes and caster divines carry sticks in their hands so have more options.

Melee divines could do that as well but instead they have weapons.

That's why it's called a trade off.

Give up something to get something.

Yvonnel-1
07-28-2012, 02:56 AM
symbol of lolth, yes, BUT:

personally i decided against it in the end in favor of my planar focus boni in the end and hell yes, a ring would suit perfectly for the matter, dont forget about the flair - a ring with divine power seems more reasonable than, lets say a belt ^^