PDA

View Full Version : Guest GM Request

Shaarax
07-23-2012, 10:21 PM
As DDO has now expanded into the Forgotten Realms and will presumably continue to do so with future expansions, I think it would be great if Turbine could perhaps get Ed Greenwood to do the voiceover for a GM for a quest (or a small chain of them). He is the creator of the Realms and almost as big an influence on D&D as Gygax and Arneson, both of whom are honoured in this manner.

It would also be pretty good to have Keith Baker (Eberron's creator) honoured in the same fashion, as I presume there will be more Eberron-based quests to come.

zarthak
07-23-2012, 10:27 PM
i have no idea who those people are but /signed its a good tribute to the founders of dnd

Uska
07-23-2012, 11:51 PM
I would argue greatly that Ed had anywhere near the level of influence of Dave and EGG I despise the realms and so do most of my friends but I have nothing against him doing a voice over though nor for Keith doing one.

Uska
07-23-2012, 11:52 PM
i have no idea who those people are but /signed its a good tribute to the founders of dnd

We have tributes to the founders of dnd one in delera's area and one in Therenal thats for EGG and Dave the true founders of dnd.

Fefnir_2011
07-24-2012, 12:33 AM
I think Keith Baker should voice a pack too, something incredibly steampunky and full of moral grey areas. He should write it too; I read the Dreaming Dark and the Thorn of Brelend trilogies and he's definitely a capable and intriguing author.

I think this is also a good time to put forth my "MrCow is secretly Keith Baker" theory...

CaptainSpacePony
07-24-2012, 08:19 AM
Cool idea... almost as cool as having ME do a voice pack! (Really)

MrCow
07-24-2012, 04:37 PM
I think this is also a good time to put forth my "MrCow is secretly Keith Baker" theory...

I am neither Keith Baker, nor would I make a good person to perform voice-overs.

LeLoric
07-24-2012, 04:40 PM
I am neither Keith Baker, nor would I make a good person to perform voice-overs.

Heh yea not sure I would want to hear "Moooo" as my dm voiceover.

Zyerz
07-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Don't forget James Wyatt... :D

sirgog
07-25-2012, 10:59 PM
Heh yea not sure I would want to hear "Moooo" as my dm voiceover.

Not even in the MOTU secret cow level?

Fefnir_2011
07-25-2012, 11:13 PM

This brings up a related question.... do you have a special keyboard for your hooves?

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4048/cowmascotcomputer.jpg

TrinityTurtle
07-26-2012, 06:00 AM
I would argue greatly that Ed had anywhere near the level of influence of Dave and EGG I despise the realms and so do most of my friends but I have nothing against him doing a voice over though nor for Keith doing one.

I disagree completely. You may despise the Realms, but they were one of the best selling campaign worlds in D&D history, far outstripping the others. Through the novels (and not just the Drizzt books) they were a gateway to many sci/fi fantasy fans who has not played but wanted to try to experience the world they read about for themselves. They also offered female gamers the most strong and creatively done female personas to identify with.

The Forgotten Realms did a lot for Dungeons and Dragons.

BrightAsh
07-26-2012, 06:03 AM
Call me crazy, but I would rather have a good GM voice :p

Asmodeus451
07-26-2012, 06:22 AM
Call me crazy, but I would rather have a good GM voice :p

Call ME crazy but the first time i stepped into Delera's and heard the Voice of the Master (heh, i made a funny, sorta) i nearly died from an overdose of pure awesome