PDA

View Full Version : Show/Hide Cosmetic Others' Cosmetic Pets in the UI

soulaeon
07-22-2012, 07:50 PM
Cosmetic pets actually do cause problems for other players, because they are extra bandwidth and video memory. I would like to suggest a new UI setting which disables the appearance of other players' cosmetic pets.
These pets do not interact with anything, they can not be target-selected and their presence does not appear in any chat or combat log. Therefor, it should be very simple to allow other players an option to disable their visual appearance.

Looked through a few pages, and did not see this suggested. Please merge, if so.

DarkThoughts
07-25-2012, 08:56 AM
/signed

I don't know how much lag cosmetic pets are creating but I do know that I don't care for them and don't want to see them in my game. Allow me the option to hide all cosmetic pets while allowing others to continue playing farmville.

V_mad_jester_V
07-25-2012, 09:35 AM
/signed

I don't know how much lag cosmetic pets are creating but I do know that I don't care for them and don't want to see them in my game. Allow me the option to hide all cosmetic pets while allowing others to continue playing farmville.

meh /signed

i dont care about pets, i only have mine out cuz i ordered the standard edition of menace and got it for free and had the "meh i got it might as well use it" mindset. other wise i pay no mind to it nor do i care for it.

Xynot2
07-25-2012, 02:35 PM
I would prefer cosmetic pets autodismiss when entering a quest. (I forget sometimes).

Cyr
07-25-2012, 02:38 PM
I seem to recall a dev post claiming that cosmetic pets used up no extra bandwidth. Basically the game would render the pet on your screen wherever it felt like it client side compared to the location of it's owner.

Of course, there would still need to be data sent whenever tricks were used, pets summoned, and pets dismissed as well as all that data initially to indicate what pet and silly items they had on.

I for one would welcome the option to not see these pets and opt out of that extra bandwidth use, however small it might be.

User side they clearly use up more resources on an ongoing basis also.