PDA

View Full Version : Spell Power on a dark monk?

hu-flung-pu
07-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Combustion helps with fire x3 finisher, devotion helps light monk light x3 finisher, anything to make touch of death or the curses better? How about nullification?

N1ko
07-20-2012, 03:50 PM
I don't think anything increases the damage that is done by ToD. The other finishers deal damage on rolling die, so the damage could be altered. ToD does a set amount of damage and, as far as I am aware, can't be altered.

As far as the curse goes, I really don't know outside of getting something that lowers their fort save?

Fomori
07-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Curses are stuck at 10% vulnerability.

As far as my ToD goes I've seen it hit for 625, and 750 so it does get affected by at least some outside influences. Since it is negative energy you would need to get negative energy spellpower, if it did work. I'm probably going to have to look for something that I can use now to test it.

Jaid314
07-20-2012, 08:19 PM
spellpower only modifies spells. the 3xfire and 3xlight finishers are considered spells; that's why, for example, you cannot use them while madstone raged.

the touch of death is not considered a spell. this is not as good in that you don't get spellpower, but it is better in that you get to use it while madstone raged (obviously this is not equally relevant for all people).

hits for 750 are probably helpless targets failing to make a save. not sure where 625 would come from, but i'm guessing there's a reason for those, too.

the only thing that would boost the damage is vulnerabilities, such as the dark monk curse.

Daitengu
07-21-2012, 06:08 AM
Tods for 625 come from 3xDark finisher.