PDA

View Full Version : Navigator ideas

WargamerIV
07-16-2012, 11:26 PM
The navigators should learn where House Cannith (drop at the Marketplace enterance) and Eveningstar are (and be able to send your airship there).

Brennie
07-16-2012, 11:32 PM
The navigators should learn where House Cannith (drop at the Marketplace enterance) and Eveningstar are (and be able to send your airship there).

House cannith - definitely. I mean, house C is practically the tech capital of stormreach, and it doesn't even have an airship tower? However, i think this shoudl be a "Free default" location from the Ships Captain, rather than the navigator.

Eveningstar - *maybe* as another place a planescaller can take you. Mind you, i hate the planescaller, and even the higher tier navigators. Making people do annoying/pointless/unfun things (like running from point A to point B in non-combat zones) never seems like good game design to me. And planescallers aren't exactly easy to get and/or slot. However, lore-wise, eveningstar might not even be possible for our Eberron Airships to get to, regardless of what kind of amenities it has.

Delssar
07-17-2012, 02:03 AM

House C, sure

Eveningstar NO, NEVER. First off, navigators cant navigate to another plane like shavarath, much less another world like Toril. Even Planescallers cant send you to another world like Toril.

Uska
07-17-2012, 02:06 AM
Cannith yes eveningstar no its not on the same plane so cant be done

shadereaper33
07-17-2012, 02:17 AM
I can understand the arguments about teleporting to eveningstar, what with the whole "its a different world" thing and all, but from a more realistic "I'm playing a video game" standpoint, its really annoying having to teleport to the harbor, jump down to the spinner's prison, and run up to the portal there, teleport to the cavern, and then run up to the eveningstar entrance and then run up to wherever I want to go. For those of you keeping score at home, that is 4 loading screens just to get from the airship to eveningstar itself, which can eat up quite a bit of time for some people. I think there are times where people need to take a step back from the RP aspects of a game, and implement some systems just for ease of use.

AgonyAunt
07-17-2012, 02:25 AM
I can understand the arguments about teleporting to eveningstar, what with the whole "its a different world" thing and all, but from a more realistic "I'm playing a video game" standpoint, its really annoying having to teleport to the harbor, jump down to the spinner's prison, and run up to the portal there, teleport to the cavern, and then run up to the eveningstar entrance and then run up to wherever I want to go. For those of you keeping score at home, that is 4 loading screens just to get from the airship to eveningstar itself, which can eat up quite a bit of time for some people. I think there are times where people need to take a step back from the RP aspects of a game, and implement some systems just for ease of use.

dear shadereaper,

and don't forget to add the crash that often happens when you have too many loading screens.
so it is a long and joyful journey to eveningstar...
/signed bigtime for house C,
and, giving unrealistic outta-this-world-agony aunt advice:
/signed also for eveningstar

yours, agony...

valarx
07-17-2012, 04:47 AM

There's an option for quicker transport to Eveningstar once you have obtained enough Favor.

V_mad_jester_V
07-17-2012, 08:20 AM
There's an option for quicker transport to Eveningstar once you have obtained enough Favor.

unless your with a static group that wants to run through all the quest to get the favor the argument still stands about the having to go through several load screens and possibly crashing. I agree with the poster, and i think they need to take out that reward and make an instant travel there once you get through beyond the rift. Maybe make a "rift" in each house leading to evening star, since the story line is already there that there's a hole in the dimensions, it shouldn't just effect the harbor but every house, so the market should have a rift portal somewhere and houses, c,k,p,d, and j should have a rift hole somewhere. This will give it a true look like the universe is starting to unravel or w/e, and not go against the storyline/lore (for the role players)