PDA

View Full Version : Caster Tooltip

RumbIe
07-16-2012, 02:02 PM
So melees got a special tool tip that shows AC and they have DR and they have always had the expanded view of weapon damage and to hit. (Of course Casters do too, but who is swinging a dagger to kill a mob as a caster anyways).

We can use all of these certainly. However with all of the new Spell Power updates how about a tip for us? I like the DC in the spell description. Can something that shows applicable Spell Power be added? I'd love to know the real damage I could do. Or maybe just on the character sheet so we can see how much we have in each category when equipment is on that would include elemental and universal added together.

While I'm at it I'll ask that Spell Pen be added to the Character Sheet. I mean it's calculated somewhere. Showing it would be nice.

valarx
07-16-2012, 05:29 PM
/signed

Calculating Spell Penetration always ends up being a dig through feats, enhancements, and equipment for me and I hate it.

Also, anywhere that these types of calculations are listed PLEASE tell us how you are arriving at the numbers in a similar way to when you hover over a stat. It will make it MUCH easier for us to point out any bugs with equipment, enhancements, or feats to the dev team if we can see where the numbers are coming from.

psykopeta
07-17-2012, 02:03 PM
/signed

Name: Destruction (spell)
School: Necromancy (Death spells)
Level: Clr 7, Fvs 7
Spell Point Cost: 40 (or whatever with your active metamagic, like always)
Components: V, S, F
Metamagic: Enlarge, Heighten, Quicken
Range:
Target: Foe
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude save partial
Spell Resistance: Yes<--- here your current spell penetration for this lvl/spell
Cooldown: 8 seconds
Description:
An enemy is Dead instantly, or is dealt 1d3+3 bane damage per caster level (no maximum) on a successful Fortitude save<--- here the average damage, without crits (and here the average crit damage)

------------------

note that's the description you can find in your spellbook, when it's in your hotbar the info is less(there's where it should be seen)

Saiyren
07-17-2012, 02:07 PM
/signed

I would love a tooltip for my caster. Didn't know that fighters(melee) got one. Why shouldn't we casters also get one? Are we not loved also?! :)

V_mad_jester_V
07-18-2012, 08:51 AM
its reason like this why i made the post about add ons, they can make this an add on where if activated it will track feats/equipment and give you a tidy number with your spell pen rating for each school.