PDA

View Full Version : Shadowdancer Cloak of shadows: does it prevent PM aura-healing?

DarkForte
07-12-2012, 02:33 PM
I'm planning on getting my pale master through Shadowdancer (lots of thematically interesting stuff and improved defenses), hence the question: if I activate cloak of shadows, will I be unable to heal myself?

FooWonk
07-12-2012, 04:04 PM
It only prevents light damage.

threefeetunder
07-12-2012, 04:25 PM
It only prevents light damage.

It should be preventing negative energy as well, as per description. Is that bugged?

Logically, you shouldn't get healed if you have it on a PM. Now has to whether it actually works that way...

Rawel_San
07-12-2012, 04:56 PM
So logged in and tested it. The cloak of shadows does not currently prevent negative energy healing. I'm not sure
if it prevents negative energy damage or if it prevents light damage since I didn't have time to test that but I
went into demonweb got my charges on some spiders then activated cloak and was still able to heal without
problems.
Hope this helps,
Rawel

LeLoric
07-12-2012, 06:23 PM
A little off topic and I am far from there yet to test myself but has anyone tested if lich form plus shadowdancers shadow form be activated together and if so do is make you take 4x light dmg?

I think shadowdancer palemasters have some pretty interesting interactions depending on how everything works together.

Rawel_San
07-12-2012, 06:30 PM
A little off topic and I am far from there yet to test myself but has anyone tested if lich form plus shadowdancers shadow form be activated together and if so do is make you take 4x light dmg?

I think shadowdancer palemasters have some pretty interesting interactions depending on how everything works together.

Hmm shadow form is last tier. I'm missing 2 ap to take it I think since shadowdancer is one of the epic destinies
I just got up to 5 and moved on. 2 AP is only about 200k though I might be able to get that later today and test
it if no one does it before then.

Qezuzu
07-12-2012, 06:59 PM

A Shadow+Vampire form palemaster would be hilarious.

Make it a drow toon with 6 CON and he could be killed with a flashlight.

Rawel_San
07-13-2012, 12:40 AM
So I got the xp and did the tests....
Turns out you can't be in lich form and shadow form. Going into one deactivates the other.

Moreover shadow form does not seem to be getting double light damage. I was getting hit for 50-70ish in
lich form and 20-35 in shadow form.

Test was done in running with devils on hard and solo inside so I didn't get ripped to shreds by the
light damage. They really love to spam it. Thankfully their pathetic SR is no match for my spell pen MUHAHA.:D

But yeah those are the results,
Rawel

LeLoric
07-13-2012, 01:09 AM
Turns out you can't be in lich form and shadow form. Going into one deactivates the other.

Moreover shadow form does not seem to be getting double light damage. I was getting hit for 50-70ish in

Test was done in running with devils on hard and solo inside so I didn't get ripped to shreds by the
light damage. They really love to spam it. Thankfully their pathetic SR is no match for my spell pen MUHAHA.:D

Rawel

Thats mildly disappointing still kinda fun if they fix consume having that and shadow manipulation.

DarkForte
07-13-2012, 04:53 PM

Rawel

This makes me a lot less excited about shadowdancer. I believe this should be changed to stack, like the paladin/fighter defender stances and the sentinel stances.