PDA

View Full Version : Artificer Artys & Shiradi Champion

warlord1427
07-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Have any of artys leveled up your Shiradi ED?

Have you noticed any issues with the abilities not working with repeaters? I am a little worried that Turbine either screwed up the abilities or just did not bother to tell us that the ranged abilities do not work with repeaters.

It would be nice to know before I make my way over to that ED.

Thanks

threefeetunder
07-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Have any of artys leveled up your Shiradi ED?

Have you noticed any issues with the abilities not working with repeaters? I am a little worried that Turbine either screwed up the abilities or just did not bother to tell us that the ranged abilities do not work with repeaters.

It would be nice to know before I make my way over to that ED.

Thanks

You do not need to have a bow for Rain of Arrows, or most Shiradi Champion abilities in general. Bows, crossbows, and throwing weapons should all work for most abilities.

There's an upcoming change to Rain of Arrows that hits each individual enemy half as often but for 10d100 damage, which should help some with "aggro-magnet" issues. We'll continue balancing abilities as needed.
They work with repeaters.

warlord1427
07-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Thank you for the information

HalfORCastrator
07-09-2012, 06:22 PM
On a similar note, do the "7% chance to proc (things)" effects work with Blade Barrier?

threefeetunder
07-09-2012, 06:43 PM
On a similar note, do the "7% chance to proc (things)" effects work with Blade Barrier?

I seem to remember a dev saying back in closed beta that persistent spells like firewall and bb will only offer proc on the first tick, not the following ones.

Edit: found the quote: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=373662&page=3

- Each projectile has its own chance to trigger, so some spells like Chain Missiles are great if you are trying to trigger these.
- Area effects trigger on each enemy separately. Some enemies may get hit by one 7% while others are hit by a different one. Fireball away!
- Most damage over time effects only trigger on the initial damage tick. Sorry, Wall of Fire, you aren't extra powerful here.
- Each of these effects may occur independently. An extremely lucky hit could produce all effects on a single extremely unlucky target.