PDA

View Full Version : MAJOR BUG: Quest objectives not registering

sephiroth1084
07-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Really hoped this would have been fixed in patch 1, given that it is by far the worst bug to come through with the Xpack, but I guess I was really hoping for too much.

I had thought that this was a problem with a specific quest, but I've noticed that this has occurred in several. Basically, some quests with multiple objectives appear to sometimes not register the completion of an objective, preventing the completion of the quest.

Examples:

Epic A Small Problem - Quest objective list shows 1 firewood left to collect, party kills a fire elemental at a woodpile, but no firewood is collected, and the quest doesn't advance. Can't move on to the air spirit, and killing further elementals doesn't grant firewood or move the quest along.
Epic VoN 2 (The Prisoner) - Clicked on the Blossom, then noticed that the quest objectives didn't show it picked up. Can't advance the boss fight, can't click on the Blossom again.
The Lost Thread - Unlocked Anna's collar, got to the end of the quest and noticed that she is still listed as having her collar locked. Can't attempt to unlock it, and can't complete the quest.
Desecrated Temple of Vol (on Hard) - One of the two Seals you have to unlock at the start of the quest in order to drop down never registered as being opened. They clearly were since we were able to drop down and complete the quest. Re-clicking them had no effect. The good news is that we were able to loot the end chest, but could not get our XP.
There are more...

Add to this frustration the addition issue of the Help screen being bugged (has message at the top, but the rest of the window is black, with no options to go to Report A Bug or Submit A Ticket.

-Zephyr-
07-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Add to this frustration the addition issue of the Help screen being bugged (has message at the top, but the rest of the window is black, with no options to go to Report A Bug or Submit A Ticket.

I thought this was just happening to level 21+ characters ?
myDDO.com wasn't updated to reflect levels above 20 so is severly broken for those characters (this page does not exist when trying to look a lvl 21+ character), and it seems the "help" is based on myDDO... So you'd be trying to request help on a character that doesn't exist, it bugs.

sephiroth1084
07-09-2012, 12:38 PM
myDDO.com wasn't updated to reflect levels above 20 so is severly broken for those characters (this page does not exist when trying to look a lvl 21+ character), and it seems the "help" is based on myDDO... So you'd be trying to request help on a character that doesn't exist, it bugs.
I didn't try to bring up the Help window on my level 17 character. If there is cause to do so before he hits 21, I'll check then.

sephiroth1084
07-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Tried doing A Small Problem with guildies on elite. Firewood bugged again...this time it didn't start tracking any until we had collected all but 2.

Submitted a bug report, put in a ticket, had guidlies put in a ticket...waited for about an hour. No response. Everyone logged off disgruntled.

**** YOU TURBINE!

sephiroth1084
07-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Ticket finally got updated an hour and a half later, after I'd swapped characters. Clicked on the exclamation point icon to see what was said, and it crashed my client.

phalaeo
07-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Ticket finally got updated an hour and a half later, after I'd swapped characters. Clicked on the exclamation point icon to see what was said, and it crashed my client.

This is like when you see a friend fall on the ice and you don't know whether to laugh or ask if they're ok.