PDA

View Full Version : Cleric weapon

Ilran
07-06-2012, 02:54 PM
I have looked over most of the weapons in the new content. I can't find one that would fit a cleric other than those that fall from chest. However the one ones that fall from chest are quarterstaffs. I have one that is +4 Thaumaturgy Quarterstaff of superior acid lore (potency +64, Devotion +96, Impluse +96). In the cove event we had the epic dagger which I carried at different lvls.

All the descriptions are not out yet in the relice gear. But so far I find nothing to fit a cleric. Something along the line of relic Dagger with +7, 2[1d4], 19-20x3, +21 implement bonus to USP, +80 equipment bonus to Universal Spell Power, Devotions +120, Impluse +120, then either superior evocation or superior conjurcation. Personnaly I would prefer the evocation.

I have seem somethings come out in different versions in the new content. I could come out with either evocation or conjurcation

The reason for the relic dagger is for the Planer Focus of erudition trinket that I understand can be added to the wepon.

This would be similar to the twilight staff coming out in the raid.

The dagger would allow a cleric to keep his shield.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Ilran
07-08-2012, 08:18 AM
I decided to look for a Divine Augmentation weapon. Searched wiki and the loot list I have. Not one divine augmentation item. I have found Arcane Augmentation IX for soc and wiz. I also see that soc and fvs can get double the sp when they have some items on. I am hoping to someday get a weapon or item, i would prefer a weapon, that would be designed specific for clerics. Maybe to the weapon below they could add a Divine Augmentation IX.

I have looked over most of the weapons in the new content. I can't find one that would fit a cleric other than those that fall from chest. However the one ones that fall from chest are quarterstaffs. I have one that is +4 Thaumaturgy Quarterstaff of superior acid lore (potency +64, Devotion +96, Impluse +96). In the cove event we had the epic dagger which I carried at different lvls.

All the descriptions are not out yet in the relice gear. But so far I find nothing to fit a cleric. Something along the line of relic Dagger with +7, 2[1d4], 19-20x3, +21 implement bonus to USP, +80 equipment bonus to Universal Spell Power, Devotions +120, Impluse +120, then either superior evocation or superior conjurcation. Personnaly I would prefer the evocation.

I have seem somethings come out in different versions in the new content. I could come out with either evocation or conjurcation

The reason for the relic dagger is for the Planer Focus of erudition trinket that I understand can be added to the wepon.

Ilran
07-12-2012, 08:32 AM
The weapons list for the new raid is out all but one. No weapons for a cleric so far.
Caught in the Web (Raid)

◦Twilight, Element of Magic - Quarterstaff: +7, 2[1d8], 20x2, +21 implement bonus to USP, +80 equipment bonus to Universal Spell Power, +120 equipment bonus to Force spell power, Major Spell Focus to Enchantment and Evocation (+3 DC), Arcane Augmentation IX, Greater Arcane Lore [BtC, ML23]

◦Breach, The Dividing Blade - Falchion: +7, 2.5[2d6], 18-20x2, Screaming, Thundering, Disintegration, Shatter +10, Doublestrike 6% [BtC, ML23]

◦Agony, the Knife in the Dark - Dagger: +7, 2.5[2d4], 17-20x2, Keen, Entropic, Hemorrhage, Disintegration, Improved Deception [BtC, ML23]

◦Celestia, Brightest Star of Day Ⓢ - Short Sword: +7, 2.5[1d10], Supreme Good, Radiance, Greater Sunburst, Fiery Detonation [BtC, ML23]

◦Longsword (title text says longbow, but mouseover text and icon indicate longsword). Relic Longsword "Tinah" - Long Sword : +7, 2.5[1d10], Supreme Good, Crushing Wave,Greater Dragon Bane, Underwater Action [BtC, ML23]

◦Rapier - Relic Rapier "Balizarde"

◦Nightmare, the Fallen Moon Ⓢ - Bastard Sword: +7, 2.5[1d12], Keen, Entropic, Life Stealing, Vampirism, Nightmares [BtC, ML23]

◦Mornh, Hammer of the Mountains Ⓢ - War Hammer: +7, 2.5[1d10], Fracturing, Magma Surge, Stunning +10, Seeker +10, Adamantine [BtC, ML23]

◦Pinion, Cloud-piercer Ⓢ - Long Bow, 2.5[2d6]+7; 19-20x3; Ranged Alacrity 20%, Shrieking (2d6 sonic per hit), Seeker +10 [BtC, ML23]

◦Crossbow - Relic Crossbow "Needle" (not repeating)

◦Sireth, Spear of the Sky Ⓢ - Quarterstaff: +7, 2.5[1d10] (slash and pierce), Supreme Good, Lightning Strike, Cloudburst, Freedom of Movement, Feather Falling [BtC, ML23]

◦Cleaver, Hewer of Suffering Ⓢ - Great Axe: +7, 2.5[2d8], Hemorrhage, Limb Chopper, Improved Cursespewing, Doublestrike 6% [BtC, ML23]

Now they have changed the "Heal" spell.

Alrik_Fassbauer
07-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Actually, I've been surprised to see the longsword not to be among the "typical" cleric's weapons (read : The Cleric just isn't proficient with them from the start on) - and that although

a) the Catacombs offer with the Sword Of THe Iquisition (or how it is called) an absolutely excellent anti-undead weapon for low levels

b) The Follower Of THe Sovereign Host Enhancement gives a bonus for fighting with longswords (similar thing goes for the The Follower Of The Silver Flame with bows)

and a weapon similar to the above mentioned Catacombs sword just isn't available for Clerics as an mace-like weapon.

Ilran
07-18-2012, 10:47 AM
I don't think that a cleric should take "The Sovereign Host" Enhancment just to use one weapon. I guess what I have been trying to point out is that the Divine area of the game for weapons has been over looked. I was hopeing in the relic weapon coming out there would be a Divine class weapon. There are Divine weapons that can be gotten from the quest or on the AH. However, NONE of them will allow a Divine to use the Planar Foucus of Erudition trinket to bind to a relic weapon for a Divine class. However the Arcane class has a weapon. Twilight, Element of Magic - +7, 2.5[1d8], 20x2, +21 implement bonus to USP, +80 equipment bonus to Universal Spell Power, +120 equipment bonus to Force spell power, Major Spell Focus to Enchantment and Evocation (+3 DC), Arcane Augmentation IX, Greater Arcane Lore [BtC, ML23]). If someome finds a Planar Foucus of Erudition trinket with Insight +3 it would give that Arcane an great weapon.

I have made a suggestion for a Divine weapon that would allow a player to keep thier shield.

The Planar Foucus of Erudition trinket I have is Insight Wisdom +3. When added to a weapon, you get Spell Pen IX, +250 Enhancment bonus to max spell point total and +15 Psionic bonus to your Universal Spell Power.

I switch currently between two weapons. One is a Quarterstaff for Potency +72, Devotion +108, Combustion +108, and Greater Evocation Focus +2. The other is an Alchemical Morning star with Devotion +90, Combustion +90 and +15 Implement bonus. The mace I use a shield to help me stay alive at times. I have no plans at this time to add tier 2 or 3 since there are more powerful weapons in the new quest with far far less effort to get.

Actually, I've been surprised to see the longsword not to be among the "typical" cleric's weapons (read : The Cleric just isn't proficient with them from the start on) - and that although

a) the Catacombs offer with the Sword Of THe Iquisition (or how it is called) an absolutely excellent anti-undead weapon for low levels

b) The Follower Of THe Sovereign Host Enhancement gives a bonus for fighting with longswords (similar thing goes for the The Follower Of The Silver Flame with bows)

and a weapon similar to the above mentioned Catacombs sword just isn't available for Clerics as an mace-like weapon.